1142 users online (217 members and 925 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    https://mobile.twitter.com/WeatherNa...25764684546048

WeatherNation*@WeatherNation

Heavy rain and flooding seen in Savannah, GA as Irma makes its way further inland

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

In Jax (Mandarin/St. Johns River). The dock in the top left is the same in the bottom right.

http://spaghettimodels.com

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Well, power is still off - and no work today - not sure we'll have power back at work tomorrow either.

Landlord is coming by to remove the boards tomorrow.

Just trying to stay hydrated, and we have the bedroom and bathroom windows open for air circulation.

My body cannot tolerate Florida heat at all.
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Here is what a room inside the pet-friendly shelters look like:

Pets brought to the Red Cross emergency shelter at Rickards High School are housed in the school's weight room Sept. 10, 2017 in Tallahassee, Fla..

https://www.usatoday.com/weather/
    OH! But do their owners know they are here. so they can come visit them? The look so sad

Good pictures, thanks for that link.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Video of several KEY DEER who survived on Big Pine Key:

Last edited by Elley Mae; 09-11-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

What a tense day. Starting early this morning we were getting slammed with high wind gusts and continuous hard rain and it was this way until around 3pm. Our phone app recorded 63 mph wind gusts where we live.

We have several large limbs down all over our yard and our roof to our gazebo was ripped off and thrown about 100 feet away and is now in pieces. Thank goodness it did not hit our home though.

Our daughter who lives in Dallas Georgia outside of Atlanta called about 30 minutes ago and said they are getting the rain and high winds now and the area around Atlanta also has power outages.

We did not lose power.

Continuing to pray for those who did not fare nearly as well as we did.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    Well, power is still off - and no work today - not sure we'll have power back at work tomorrow either.

Landlord is coming by to remove the boards tomorrow.

Just trying to stay hydrated, and we have the bedroom and bathroom windows open for air circulation.

My body cannot tolerate Florida heat at all.
    Several neighbors just let me know Duke told them it may be two weeks or more to restore power for our area just outside of Orlando. Many in the neighborhood have power but our block is out.

I'm like you--the heat makes me very ill (I have health problems). We had evacuated to South Carolina where our oldest son is. Tempted to stay--in the 60's today but rain and wind from Irma bands.

Glad everyone is OK. Sorry about the gazebo.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    What a tense day. Starting early this morning we were getting slammed with high wind gusts and continuous hard rain and it was this way until around 3pm. Our phone app recorded 63 mph wind gusts where we live.

We have several large limbs down all over our yard and our roof to our gazebo was ripped off and thrown about 100 feet away and is now in pieces. Thank goodness it did not hit our home though.

Our daughter who lives in Dallas Georgia outside of Atlanta called about 30 minutes ago and said they are getting the rain and high winds now and the area around Atlanta also has power outages.

We did not lose power.

It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Boat Guys public video on FB, they survived!

https://www.facebook.com/29105829469...1822810286768/

New update for where we are:

Tap water is not potable and tastes weird. DH and I are sticking to the bottled water purchased late last week.

Just emerged from the tub for a 15 minute cold soak (4" of water).

Staying hydrated, and have a feeling there won't be any work again tomorrow.

I never had this sort of weather do such a number on my body. Sorry guys. Am just trying to stay cool.

Thank you everyone for your support!
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928

Quote Originally Posted by What'sThatClue View Post
    Several neighbors just let me know Duke told them it may be two weeks or more to restore power for our area just outside of Orlando. Many in the neighborhood have power but our block is out.

I'm like you--the heat makes me very ill (I have health problems). We had evacuated to South Carolina where our oldest son is. Tempted to stay--in the 60's today but rain and wind from Irma bands.
    That's what happened to us when Charley hit. We are in WP. I was afraid that would be the case again. It is miserable hot & getting hotter in the week.

Thanks for all the info everyone. Just checking in from time to time as no power.

Quote Originally Posted by BUF View Post
    That's what happened to us when Charley hit. We are in WP. I was afraid that would be the case again. It is miserable hot & getting hotter in the week.

Thanks for all the info everyone. Just checking in from time to time as no power.
    Yeah, we were here for Charlie. We lived in Deltona then. Out 2 weeks or so. Power crew that got us up and running was from out of state and our entire block cheered them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Re the Boat Guys .... I cannot get the FB page to open .. says not available, but I am logged in). I found an article with pictures, about them being "missing": http://missourinetwork.tv/many-worry...e-in-key-west/

And an older article: https://www.rt.com/usa/402760-boat-l...-florida-irma/

And the Andromeda page: https://www.facebook.com/SV-Andromed...3/?pnref=story
    Quote Originally Posted by kdg411 View Post
    Boat Guys public video on FB, they survived!

https://www.facebook.com/29105829469...1822810286768/

Yes, boat guy and pal (Justin and Ryan) are safe -- missourinetwork article also updated.
    ~ Fly with the wind. ~

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

We did not lose power.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like the wind and rain really did a number on your yard. Limbs down, the roof to your gazebo ripped off, thrown, and in pieces! Good too, it didn't hit your home.

Glad you still have power, but dang it all anyway.

Sounds like a very rough day! Actually, sounds like a very rough week or more, since this all began.

Bet you'll be ready for a vacation after you get this mess all squared away...
    Last edited by JazzTune; 09-11-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
    OH! But do their owners know they are here. so they can come visit them? The look so sad
    The pets are in a separate room. The owners can come and go to visit them and take them for a walk. They're said because they don't want to be caged and it's probably loud in there with other dogs barking and whining. I'm sure some might even be stressed and don't know what's going on. We don't need to keep our do in a cage at home when we leave, so I'm sure she would be just as stressed here.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast