Green Glowing Pigs

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
You gotta go to the link and look at the pics!

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060112084009990014&ncid=NWS00010000000001

By injecting fluorescent green protein into embryonic pigs, a research team at the island's leading National Taiwan University managed to breed three male transgenic pigs, said professor Wu Shinn-Chih of the university's Institute and Department of Animal Science and Technology.

"There are partially fluorescent green pigs elsewhere, but ours are the only ones in the world that are green from inside out. Even their hearts and internal organs are green," Wu said on Thursday.

Awww.....and I bet the other little piggies pick on him because he looks different.

Kinda brings to life the Dr Seuss classic Green Eggs & Ham!

What the hell will they do next?

Wow...well, we wouldn't want to spend educational money on knocking out cancer, AIDS, better warning for tsunami's or anything else now would we? :rolleyes:

:sick: This is one of the exact reasons why I don't eat meat! Yuck! Heavens only knows what they do to these poor animals that they don't tell us about. I mean come on! Do we really need glowing pigs?! What a waste of good research money! Guess Charlotte won't need to spin any webs to save this one! It's already got a gimic!

But seriously...gross!
I know they have started feeding cattle chicken poop because it's high in protein. Aagin, :sick: . Then we eat them. It's like having sex without a condemn! You get everything that animal has ingested into your system.
IMO, that is why we see so many little and I mean little, like 8 or 9 year old girls getting breasts already! It's just not good for us.

BTW, for all of you animal lovers out there...just a peice of info to do what you want with. If you are highly against testing on animals, you need to write ST Judes so that they will discontinue their testing on animals. After years and years of donating to that worthy cause, I was heartbroken to find out that they test on animals. I still believe what St Judes accomplishes is honorable and good, but do they have to make something else suffer in their process? I think we should start testing products on death row inmates...then we'll find out exactly how the product reacts in humans... and they deserve to suffer, imo

I just don't get the point of glowing pigs...what's the point? I really don't need to find ham in the dark. :waitasec:

Well, I say....what's wrong with the color pink? Prejudiced, aren't they?:p

Its because of the 'who knows what's being fed to the animals' that we've started buying our beef from a local family that does organic feeding. I think thats the right way to put it... heh. :) Basically, they put only natural feed / etc into their animals. We're hoping to get some of their chickens next season. And once we can afford it, we'll start buying pork from another local family.

The cost is pretty much the same as from the store (except that you don't tend to get sale prices as often so I guess the average is slightly higher than the store), and we know where the meat comes from and what they've been fed. And they taste a heck of a lot better with less overall fat content. Our freezer is packed right now with the beef we bought for the winter.

Side note: Its funny, seeing the paper packaging like when I was a kid. Makes me feel a lot younger when I look in the freezer heh.

If any websleuths are located in southern Alberta, I'd be happy to provide the name of the the family we purchase our beef from - they make a living doing this. :) And, as you may have guessed from the above comments, I'd highly recommend their beef.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back