1315 users online (245 members and 1070 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 225
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,762

    NC - Wilkes Co., Photo of Gagged Woman Tied To Chair, Circa 1970's or Early 80's

    this is a little bit , but it is a similar case that came to my attention a couple of years ago.

    Back in 2015, I was contacted by a woman who told me that she thought her ex-husband was involved in the 1982 disappearance of Angie Hamby of Wilksboro North Carolina. She said that when they had separated, he left a lot of items behind in their house that she thought suspicious. She sent me the items in the mail, and as I looked through the items I found this 35 millimeter slide of an unknown female bound to a chair and gagged.



    She said that she recognized the background as being his apartment back in the 1970's.

    The woman in the photo obviously is not Angie Hamby, and there are no missing woman who resemble this woman. but this photo was obviously either evidence of a crime against an unknown victim, or something created with her cooperation for his own amusement.

    I immediately contacted the Wilkes County Sheriff, and told him about this woman's story. I emailed him this photo. The Sheriff detective said that was interesting because the woman's ex-husband contacted him about a month earlier, and said his ex wife was crazy and was going to make accusations against him. The detective had no idea who he was or what he was talking about - until I called.

    That was over two years ago, and I don't know what they were ever able to learn about this guy's possible connection to Angie Hamby or this unknown woman.

    But I was just looking at this photo again today, and figured it was time to show it to you all. This Port St. Joe thread seemed the best place to show it, as I don't think it warrants a dedicated thread.


    EDIT TO ADD: I separated the comments pertaining to this photo into a separate thread. I didn't want to get too far off topic from the Port St. Joe photo.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-12-2017 at 08:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    this is a little bit , but it is a similar case that came to my attention a couple of years ago.

    Back in 2015, I was contacted by a woman who told me that she thought her ex-husband was involved in the 1982 disappearance of Angie Hamby of Wilksboro North Carolina. She said that when they had separated, he left a lot of items behind in their house that she thought suspicious. She sent me the items in the mail, and as I looked through the items I found this 35 millimeter slide of an unknown female bound to a chair and gagged.



    She said that she recognized the background as being his apartment back in the 1970's.

    The woman in the photo obviously is not Angie Hamby, and there are no missing woman who resemble this woman. but this photo was obviously either evidence of a crime against an unknown victim, or something created with her cooperation for his own amusement.

    I immediately contacted the Wilkes County Sheriff, and told him about this woman's story. I emailed him this photo. The Sheriff detective said that was interesting because the woman's ex-husband contacted him about a month earlier, and said his ex wife was crazy and was going to make accusations against him. The detective had no idea who he was or what he was talking about - until I called.

    That was over two years ago, and I don't know what they were ever able to learn about this guy's possible connection to Angie Hamby or this unknown woman.

    But I was just looking at this photo again today, and figured it was time to show it to you all. This Port St. Joe thread seemed the best place to show it, as I don't think it warrants a dedicated thread.
    I find this utterly chilling. What is being used as a gag, is that a towel?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    225
    Looks like she has a cell phone in her pocket

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    225
    Scratch that! Viceroy ciggarettes or something

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by jccoa1999 View Post
    Looks like she has a cell phone in her pocket

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Benson & Hedges cigarettes

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    this is a little bit , but it is a similar case that came to my attention a couple of years ago.

    Back in 2015, I was contacted by a woman who told me that she thought her ex-husband was involved in the 1982 disappearance of Angie Hamby of Wilksboro North Carolina. She said that when they had separated, he left a lot of items behind in their house that she thought suspicious. She sent me the items in the mail, and as I looked through the items I found this 35 millimeter slide of an unknown female bound to a chair and gagged.



    She said that she recognized the background as being his apartment back in the 1970's.

    The woman in the photo obviously is not Angie Hamby, and there are no missing woman who resemble this woman. but this photo was obviously either evidence of a crime against an unknown victim, or something created with her cooperation for his own amusement.

    I immediately contacted the Wilkes County Sheriff, and told him about this woman's story. I emailed him this photo. The Sheriff detective said that was interesting because the woman's ex-husband contacted him about a month earlier, and said his ex wife was crazy and was going to make accusations against him. The detective had no idea who he was or what he was talking about - until I called.

    That was over two years ago, and I don't know what they were ever able to learn about this guy's possible connection to Angie Hamby or this unknown woman.

    But I was just looking at this photo again today, and figured it was time to show it to you all. This Port St. Joe thread seemed the best place to show it, as I don't think it warrants a dedicated thread.
    Definitely scary looking. Looks more real than the Florida polaroid as obvious effort to gag the girl is being made. Definitely looks to have been made sometime in the '70's. Those are ancient speakers from that time period (you can see a wire coming out from the back of it so you know it is at least something electronic (my parents had speakers that looked a lot like that so that is why I believe they may be speakers).

    Not many other details to make. I do wonder if the woman had known about this pic and was just now bringing it forward because she was mad at her ex after they separated.

    Carl do you know if it is something she had known about for awhile. If it is something she had known about it might be wise to look into her past activity as well. She might of been in on some things (or at least witholding information) in the past but is now coming clean because she is no longer with the guy.

    I would imagine there are thousands of unknown pics out there like this but they never got spread around because they were never attached to any missing persons cases like the polaroid photo was.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    76
    There is also a chance that that might be the woman who contacted you Carl. Do you know how long they were married/had been dating? She obviously had been with him long enough to be able to recognize the inside of one of his past places he lived from the '70's.

    Is the woman someone you ever talked to in person and you were able to see what she looked like?
    Last edited by sony12; 09-12-2017 at 08:44 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by sony12 View Post
    There is also a chance that that might be the woman who contacted you Carl. Do you know how long they were married/had been dating? She obviously had been with him long enough to be able to recognize the inside of one of his past places he lived from the '70's.

    Is the woman someone you ever talked to in person and you were able to see what she looked like?
    No, the ex-wife isn't the woman in the photo. She originally contacted me on facebook, so I know what she looks like.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    225
    She definitely looks happy or crazy or both!

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by sony12 View Post
    Carl do you know if it is something she had known about for awhile. If it is something she had known about it might be wise to look into her past activity as well. She might of been in on some things (or at least witholding information) in the past but is now coming clean because she is no longer with the guy.
    She said he was abusive to her. But IDK if she knew about the photos for long, or if she just found them recently while rummaging through old stuff in her closets.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    18,822
    Quote Originally Posted by jccoa1999 View Post
    She definitely looks happy or crazy or both!

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Hoping that if she started that way, (ie. thought it was a joke or would make a funny picture), and stayed that way.
    It is interesting that the ex wife thought her ex might even be capable of such a thing, why would he even keep a pic like that over the years?
    The ex put herself out there, possibly setting herself up to " be called crazy " but really, given all we know now about missing people and it seems like there were so many from the 70's, she did the right thing.imo.
    Will keep an eye out, just in case.
    speculation.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,762
    Also included in the stuff she sent me was a lock of long hair, but she later said that she believed that the hair was his own.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    She said he was abusive to her. But IDK if she knew about the photos for long, or if she just found them recently while rummaging through old stuff in her closets.
    Yeah it might be worth trying to get back in touch with her if you still have an avenue to do so. It's possible she knows more than she is letting on. I would think if the guy had a past like that that his wife didn't know anything about he wouldn't just leave pics like that lying around the house that she could turn in to authorities after they separated.

    If he took the time to go to the cops to tell them that his ex wife is crazy and might start accusing him of stuff it's possible she had been threatening him about releasing some of that stuff.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,762
    I decided to start this just in case a Websleuths member who lives in Wilkes County might recognize this young woman.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,183
    Interesting "chair back" that seems to fit precisely over her shoulders?

    Kinda looks like the top of an aluminum ladder?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 755
    Last Post: Yesterday, 10:29 PM
  2. Unknown Boy, shown bound and gagged in photo
    By Seahorseladydi in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 05:00 AM
  3. Australia - Valley View SA - One woman dead, another bound & gagged
    By Madge_Ick_Dike in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-18-2016, 10:28 PM
  4. Canadian took to the skies in lawn chair tied to helium balloons
    By zwiebel in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 07:08 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 05:10 AM