1039 users online (180 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79
Results 1,171 to 1,184 of 1184
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Just got through watching the end of the last thirty minutes I missed. Defense is working on trying JA. But, the jury already knows that he has been charged with kidnapping, rape and murder and that he is hoping for leniency. She is wasting her time. Rehashing something over and over is not helping her client at all and doesn't change a thing.
    JA comes across as truthful except IMO his total involvement. If his story is correct, he at the least is culpable for kidnapping and murder. JMO
    At no time today did I see Defense cast any doubt on ZA's guilt and he is the one on trial at this time.
    BBM

Is AJ "at the least culpable for kidnapping"?

Please explain to me why you think AJ is culpable for kidnapping?

From the evidence so far, I have assumed that ZA was the kidnapper as it was he who wore the camouflage clothes. So why was AJ charged with kidnapping?

Tennessee Kidnapping/Abduction Laws
    Kidnapping is the crime of taking a person against their will to an undisclosed location. This may be done for ransom or in furtherance of another crime, or in connection with a child custody dispute.

https://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state...bduction-laws/

So please explain to me why you think that AJ is culpable for kidnapping.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    I stated earlier that I didn't follow this case prior to the court proceedings that are happening now. So I decided to go back and read some prior threads. Currently reading the first ARREST thread. Going to try to bring a post over, but I've never done this before!
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post10307353

Has this been addressed yet in court? Will it be able to be brought in Zach doesn't testify? Because if it can be shown where he was when this was posted, it 'might' be enough to add doubt. I mean who is going to think about posting to FB when you've got an abducted victim you plan to rape and murder?
    According to this link, Yes, Facebook IS admissible in Court and it WILL be used against you!

http://www.collinsfirmtn.com/news-ev...-and-it-will-/

Even if ZA does not testify, his Facebook posts can be used by the Prosecution as evidence against him.

Hey all!

Geez - you've all been busy since last night - 400 posts to read....

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler
    She deliberately sat him directly in front of Zach Adams, IMO
    Did you also notice that the LE guys got up and stood around them when JA moved to the projector chair!! I guess - getting ready "just in case" something happened between them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emi's tweet
    Autry said he told Zach they needed to "gut" #HollyBobo because the only thing holding up the other body he had seen were "guts and gasses."
    and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
    If I came across a body everybody and their grandma is going to know it! He's so nonchalant about death.
    From these statements alone and the way I've viewed him on the stand - I believe JA has killed and buried bodies before.... he seems to be a "clean-up" man in the area - well to me anyway! You know, like Ray Donovan!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo
    Clint was investigated to the fullest. I just don't buy meth dealers make house calls to walk ya thru how to make it. I think Zach's info is a lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler
    I simply don't believe the story about Zach going over to the BoBo's house to teach Clint how to make meth. That makes no sense at all to me. If you make meth and sell it too then you definitely would not want to teach someone else to make it. KWIM?
    Absolutely agree - why would Zach show Clint how to make meth - that would take away from Zach's $$ income, if someone else is going to make it & sell it - in the same area!
    Oh - someone just mentioned camo outfit - did LE every find one? Or was that his "regular" dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellej
    So when Zach gets on the stand, he is going to say, I didn't have anything to do with Holly Bobo. I don't know her. I was just working all day. I mean, what on earth is he going to say he was doing? I am baffled by this.
    Is he going to say I didn't have any of these conversations or meet with Autry, Dylan, Austin or any of these people.
    Do we know "for sure" that ZA is going to testify???!!! okay.... read a little further along - and no - he is not for sure taking the stand - but it sure would be interesting! More maps??

K - this post is getting too long - 200 more posts to read....
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Checking in again from OZ. All i can say is wow. Wow. Wow. The defense didnt try and poke holes in anything he said? The only explanation i can come up with is that she is letting it all slide and has something big up her sleeve to blow JAs story to bits (or attempt to) at a later date. I am stuck on this feeling that something major will happen but i dont know what. Perhaps she has another star witness waiting in the wings?

Anyone else think this could be a possibility?

But maybe there wont be drama at all and get settled quickly and easily.

Sitting on the fence as usual

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What will be, will be.
    Fence Sitter

interesting from Chris Contes twitter page:

Chris Conte Retweeted
    Chad Jackson @chdmjxn
    Defense will surely call Clint Bobo during their case & make him either rebut State's star witness or take 5th. #HollyBobo @NC5_ChrisConte

WOW. Can the defense force someone to testify? I don't think they can, can they?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Good question katydid! I don't personally know!

K - off to watch the last hour or so of this testimony, since no one was tweeting what was said....

So - any guesses on who will be taking the stand today??

Later!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

Oh - forgot to ask - are we going to a "new" thread for today's hearing??

TIA!

Holly Bobo Case Is Evidentiary Dumpster Fire, Hearsay Circus & Witness-Leading Fiasco

https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/bob...eading-fiasco/

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    interesting from Chris Contes twitter page:

Chris Conte Retweeted
    Chad Jackson @chdmjxn
    Defense will surely call Clint Bobo during their case & make him either rebut State's star witness or take 5th. #HollyBobo @NC5_ChrisConte

WOW. Can the defense force someone to testify? I don't think they can, can they?
    I would think that the defense can subpoena him to testify just like the prosecution can subpoena people to testify and they have to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sitter View Post
    Checking in again from OZ. All i can say is wow. Wow. Wow. The defense didnt try and poke holes in anything he said? The only explanation i can come up with is that she is letting it all slide and has something big up her sleeve to blow JAs story to bits (or attempt to) at a later date. I am stuck on this feeling that something major will happen but i dont know what. Perhaps she has another star witness waiting in the wings?

Anyone else think this could be a possibility?

But maybe there wont be drama at all and get settled quickly and easily.

Sitting on the fence as usual

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    When the defense presents it's case, she may call witnesses that contradict what he has testified to. ie---maybe she'll call a cell phone expert to testify that his phone pinged near the Bobo residence at the time Holly was being abducted and JA was not out in a field enjoying watching the ducks and deer because he's a good old county boy, like he said he was. Just a guess.

K - I went looking to see how old these guys were for my list - and came up this Wikipedia item - did not know "what" Dylan had said - so quite surprised to read this!

The first arrest in the case was made in March 2014, prior to the discovery of the body. Zach Adams was charged with first-degree murder and especially aggravated kidnapping after Adams' brother, John Dylan Adams, told police that he witnessed Bobo alive with his brother at the home they share following her abduction.[30][31][32] An affidavit for a search warrant states that Dylan told authorities that on April 13, 2011, he went to Zach's residence to get his truck. Dylan reportedly "observed Holly Lynn Bobo sitting in a green chair in the living room wearing a pink t-shirt, with Jason Wayne Autry standing just a few feet away." He also told police Zach was "wearing camouflage shorts, black cut-off-sleeve t-shirt and a pair of green Crocs" shoes. Dylan also reported that Zach told him "he had raped Bobo and videotaped it." The alleged videotape has not been found. Investigators also uncovered "a blond hair covered in dust from a bedroom closet" of Zach's residence. Whether any forensic testing has been conducted on the hair has yet to be released.

Wonder how truthful this is - about JA being there in the same room....

Ah - now I see how these two guys were involved in this - I asked about these two earlier.

edited to add link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Holly_Bobo

In July 2014, Jeffrey Pearcy and his brother Mark Pearcy were arrested and charged with accessory after the fact and tampering with evidence. They were arrested on the basis of allegations made by Jeffrey Pearcy's former roommate Sandra King. In the spring of 2014, Jeffrey and his two sons lived with her so his sons could finish school. King alleged that in May, Jeffrey showed her part of a video showing Adams assaulting Bobo, who is tied up and crying. She told police that she only watched a small clip and did not see the sexual assault. King made a recorded call to Jeffrey. She told him over the phone "That video of Holly, if it had been you, I would have watched it,'" to which he replied, "I know." King alleges that Pearcy's brother Mark shot the video.
    Both brothers deny that a video existed and Jeff Pearcy denies knowing the other men who have been arrested for the crime.[57] Jeffrey claims that he was unable to hear Sandra during the phone conversation and that his ex-wife's name is also Holly. Police have analyzed over 20 phones, but have not found any video.[58] Charges against Mark Pearcy were subsequently dropped and the district attorney decided not to pursue the charges against Jeffrey Pearcy.[58][59]

New thread is open for today's proceedings. This thread will close in 10 minutes,

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...o-Sept-15-2017

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79