618 users online (63 members and 555 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    My first husband was very controlling also and we would argue about it. I remember once we were having words and I was just tired of hearing his nonsense, so I turned to leave the room. He grabbed my hair and snatched me back causing me to stumble and fall. Some men just can't stand to be cut off like that. They panic when they see they can't control you anymore.

All the comments about SM being "deeply in love" - was this because she rejected him or was it always that way? Makes me wonder.
    RIP - Hannah Graham RIP - Beverly Carter RIP - Moonchild

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddeeds View Post
    On last nights AB transcript:

Sheriff BH-
    "Well there's no doubt that this man was passionately in love with her"

That is a bizarre comment from a man who doesn't even know Steve. The sheriff continues to speak out as though he is the official expert on many topics.
    Seems like sheriff is in love with SM...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Strangling her from behind makes me think that they were not arguing at all when he killed her. It makes me think he let her come in the house and feel comfortable for a little bit, then came up behind her and strangled her without warning. If they had been arguing, I don't think she would have turned her back to him. She was afraid of him. Most people when they argue and are afraid of someone they back away and keep an eye on the person while arguing. I think there was no argument and no major struggle. I think he knew where the kids were and that they wouldn't see or hear anything. JMO.
    We're both just speculating, obviously, but I disagree. If it was a new house and they had separate bedrooms, that makes me think the only reason they were even in that room together was to talk away from the kids (probably at his beckoning). I think he got very upset/angry and she decided that she needed to leave. But before she could make it to the door he put her in a choke hold. She may have expressed fear of him on several occasions, but I can't imagine her entering that room with him if she feared for her life at that moment.
    Last edited by luckystar01; 09-13-2017 at 12:22 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddeeds View Post
    On last nights AB transcript:

Sheriff BH-
    "Well there's no doubt that this man was passionately in love with her"

That is a bizarre comment from a man who doesn't even know Steve. The sheriff continues to speak out as though he is the official expert on many topics.
    I think the Sheriff identifies personally with Steve in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    I think the Sheriff identifies personally with Steve in some way.
    I think people want to make sense of it. And the idea of him loving her so much that he couldn't let go of her is more palatable to them than thinking about how much he must have hated her at that moment.

"I think he knew the storm was coming in and this would help cover his tracks," her beau Paul Hargrave told ABC 13. "I think I had a lot to do with his decision to do this and I can't help but feel responsible for that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3493004

Quote Originally Posted by EmmieA View Post
    Great post!
    People wishing the death penalty on SM should think of his kids. They still love him and deserve to have a relationship with him for as long as they want. He's not a cold blooded evil killer to them -- he's dad.

IMO
    I don't think people wish it on him, so much so much as question why it wasn't applicable. I was surprised since I often hear about how Texas executes its killers. But in this case I don't think it is appropriate whether it met the rules for it or not. I think if I felt it was premeditated I might think it should qualify but with his kids so young, I just think that would make it even worse on them.

I'm still torn on how I feel about he was the one who told them, but I guess the family has to do what they think is best at the time. There really is no guidebook for these sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmieA View Post
    My thought of not wanting him to die isn't about giving him special treatment. It's about his kids. Sorry that I don't want the kids, who just lost practically everything they hold dear, to not lose their father. Haven't they lost enough?
    Honestly I think having a dad in prison for their whole lives is worse than having no dad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTmo View Post
    I don't think people wish it on him, so much so much as question why it wasn't applicable. I was surprised since I often hear about how Texas executes its killers. But in this case I don't think it is appropriate whether it met the rules for it or not. I think if I felt it was premeditated I might think it should qualify but with his kids so young, I just think that would make it even worse on them.

I'm still torn on how I feel about he was the one who told them, but I guess the family has to do what they think is best at the time. There really is no guidebook for these sorts of things.
    He didn't tell the kids why he was in jail or that their mom was dead or that he killed her.

Crystal's aunt (Cindy) has been on Primetime Justice the past couple of nights. Cindy told the kids their mom "is with Jesus". She said they don't know why their dad is in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by luckystar01 View Post
    We're both just speculating, obviously, but I disagree. If it was a new house and they had separate bedrooms, that makes me think the only reason they were even in that room together was to talk away from the kids (probably at his beckoning). I think he got very upset/angry and she decided that she needed to leave. But before she could make it to the door he put her in a choke hold. She may have expressed fear of him on several occasions, but I can't imagine her entering that room with him if she feared for her life at that moment.
    Sure, that's possible. I just think there would have been more of a struggle and noise if he had grabbed her as she tried to get away. From the layout of the house posted in thread 3 there does not seem to be extra bedrooms on the main level. There is only a master suite downstairs with bathroom and walk-in closet. The kids bedrooms were upstairs. I'm not sure what their sleeping arrangements were while they lived there or why she would agree to go into the bedroom with him. But if she had clothes in the closet she might have gone in there to get something or gone in there to use the master bath. She had just come from her boyfriend's house and she was walking outside in barefeet on the video. She might have wanted a shower or to freshen up. We are both only guessing, of course. I learn towards this being premeditated so perhaps that colors my perception of things.

It seems like SM has engendered sympathy or empathy. LE seems to feel for him in ways I haven't seen with other cases.
    Even some of CM's family and friends are expressing empathy for him. That just never happens with these cases. It is very strange and I'm not sure what to make of it.

What makes SM different?? Is it Texas and the underlying male dominance in the culture? Is it that SM was a good father? All three of his kids seem amazing, and he had a very large role in all of their lives. CM was gone a lot with her airline job, and SM was the primary parent often. Or is it that people only see the presentation on the outside, not knowing the hidden underside that only CM knew about?

I do hold LE responsible for their lead in how SM is being treated...

Interested in knowing what others think.

The sheriff is really creeping me out with the way he speaks about SM and the way he touched him in the video of when SM is arriving to court yesterday. It was really off putting how he gently touched his shoulders several times. I thought maybe he was guiding him a bit as to where to go when he got out of the car but there was only one door there and others were going in it. The sheriff did it again once inside the building. It really gave me a strange feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Wow, conversation with the Aunt from last night's show:

I just don't understand why she would stay in his home or allow her kids to stay with someone who made threats to her or threats against the kids! I just don't understand. My ex was abusive and the one he put his hands around my neck, I moved out the same day. My one regret is not calling the police because I felt bad that he would lose his job. But if I had, I wouldn't be fighting still, almost 7 years later, to keep my daughter safe. He wouldn't have unsupervised visits with her.

I just don't get why she would stay. If she was afraid of him finding out, WHY did she let him put her ad up? Why date publicly and sleep over while living with her ex, if she was afraid of her ex killing her over it? I'm not blaming her, it is his fault. But her actions don't make sense to me.

Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference anyway, though. I'm not sure he wouldn't have lost is marbles another time. I hope he hates himself.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast