GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Jenna-Van-Gelderen-.jpg

link

DeKalb Police investigating disappearance of woman who went missing from Druid Hills home

August 23, 2017

DeKalb Police are searching for a woman who went missing over the weekend.

Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, was last seen on Friday and her brother reported her missing on Aug. 20. She was house sitting for her parents who live near Emory University.

Her parents were in Canada at the time. Her brother told police that when he came to check on his sister on Saturday she wasn’t there but the TV and lights were on. A painting had been removed from a frame hanging on the living room wall, the police report says.

There was no sign of forced entry or a struggle. Her blue 2010 Mazda was also missing.

Family finds out woman who vanished from Druid Hills home is still missing

August 25, 2017

Jenna Van Gelderen is still missing.

Yesterday, her family reported that she had been found and is safe. But the family received bad information from DeKalb County Police, according to her brother.

“It sounds like they thought they had her last night and this morning they told us they made a mistake,” her brother said. “So we’re meeting with the detectives right now to figure out what actually happened.”

A spokesperson for DeKalb Police said there was no miscommunication.

“We never said that we found her,” the spokesperson said. “We are actively investigating.”

$10K offered for information about woman who went missing in Druid Hills

September 6, 2017

The family of Jenna Van Gelderen announces a $10,000 reward for information leading to her safe return.

Jenna, 25 years old, texted a friend at 2 a.m. on Saturday, August 19, to say she was laying down. It was the last time anyone has heard from her. Jenna has not used her phone, social media or credit cards since that time.

[...]

Jenna Van Gelderen has long dark brown hair, brown eyes, is 4-feet-11 and weighs 140 pounds. Her car is a dark blue, 2010 Mazda 6 sedan with Georgia tag PWH-5902.

People with information or tips about Jenna’s whereabouts are asked to contact the DeKalb County police at 770-724-7475 or to email FindJennaNow@gmail.com .

Verified Insider: subie_climber

Thread #1

Timeline/casestory Jenna Van Gelderen missing including info from Thread #1

Updates are about

• Family did not meet up with LE
  • Uber-friend did say she was with Jenna before 10 pm on Friday

Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen Facebook page - LINK

Jenna, 25 years old, 4”11’, 140 lbs, long dark hair, pierced ears. Address; 2255 Lenox Road. Atlanta PD Zone 2 DeKalb county. ‘Lenox Woods apartments’, living right between the areas Buckhead and Midtown. She didn’t have contact lenses. She only wore glasses and didn't need them all the time. Per VI - Thread #1, post #115

Missing from Parents house; address; (per Help Find Jenna FB page - LINK)1289, Oakdale road, Atlanta. Druid Hills home, GA. DeKalb county, GA. Near Emory University In fact it is not sure if she went missing from her parents’ house. added by me.

About her living space/apartment ‘She would never tell us this address, we only found out through the P.I and the police. According to them she is on the lease. Prior we didn't know this and though she was just staying on a friend's couch according to what she had told us. Per VI - Thread #1, post #316. She had a male roommate, per VI - Thread #1, post #150. At what moment in time she signed the lease contract for this apartment?Is the roommate just staying/living there or was he also on the lease?

Distance between her apartment and parents address: 3 miles

She had been seeing a career coach / counselor every week as well to help get her on track to finding a new job and working with her mental illness /minor autism to help with work skills. Per VI - Thread #1, post #160

Jenna is in the autism spectrum; has a form of high-functioning autism. Can easily be manipulated and doesn't realize what she is doing is bad. However she always always said that she would never do drugs and would say it in a pretty big tone. Per VI - Thread #1, post #166

Parents address on the drivers license. Per VI - Thread #1, post #321. Jenna’s passport kept by parents at the bank. Per VI - Thread #1, post #307

Jenna used two phones; T-mobile (in a family plan, parents account, she used this phone to call family and friends) and another (unknown by family but later found out, per VI - Thread #1, post #51) a Metro pcs number. (her own plan, family is not sure where she used it for, per VI - Thread #1, post #96) registered under another name Ruth Jenna, per VI - Thread #1, post #988

Metro pcs account: According to post by VI (Thread #1, post #138) she was not the primary accountholder. This info is changed now. When brother first found out about the Metro phone he called Metro. They said that she was not listed and it may be under a different account holder per VI - Thread #1, post #985. She did not use her first name as the account name. Family found her Metro account info at the house (parents house? ) per VI - Thread #1, post #982. She used the name Ruth Jenna on this account. Confusion. middle name Ruth as her first and Jenna as her last. I didn't realize service providers allowed you to do this. Per VI - Thread #1, post #988. According to this post by another member a Metro phone is prepaid, no contract and no credit check needed. Don’t ask for ID. “If I'd paid cash I could have given any name”.

Jenna’s car was spotted in South Carolina in July 2017. Her ties with that: She frequently went up to South Carolina (believed by VI to be in Greenville area - Thread #1, post #353) to babysit for a friend. Have spoken to said friend several times and she is one of her best friends, per VI - Thread #1, post #326

Rumors about Jenna being a sex worker have never been confirmed, per VI - Thread #1, post #328. According to parents this was said by a disgruntled ex-boyfriend. Per MSM - LINK and VI - Thread #1, post #389

Rumors about Jenna going missing before are not true according to the parents. “Never, absolutely never - never disappeared,” Jenna’s father said. “If she ever went to South Carolina, that’s the furthest she's ever gone. We knew where she was going, who she was going tobe with and she was always in contact with us.” Per MSM - LINK.

About her personal life; stories we have been given by her friends keep changing, but she hid a lot from us and even her friends. Per VI - Thread #1, post #974

How long has she been gone from home? (before she went missing) If I recall it was around april or may she moved out of parents house, living on ppls couches. Per VI - Thread #1, post #996

August 3, 2016
  • Last public post of Jenna's on her own Facebook account, post is about looking for a job - LINK
January – March 2017
  • We tracked this phone number I found on metro to a number that showed up a lot Jan - March and then died off around when she said it was finished . Was also around the time of the supposed theft. Per VI - Thread #1, post #165
February 2017
  • She had a job back in Feb at the pet store but we found out through a friend she had been fired for theft at the store. Which is really not like her. Per VI - Thread #1, post #160
  • We found out large sums of money had been taken in total from various times from her register. She was arrested, and through the court case, we were able to have the sentence reduced to a misdemeanor. She would not tell us where the money went and that she was "framed" by a manager. I am starting to think that maybe she did do this and paid one of these guys (to witch guys is referred to ?) with the money. Per VI - Thread #1, post #160
  • This kind of behavior was labeled as uncharacteristic for Jenna.
  • The case was nixed/settled, by negotiation and labeled as ‘disorderly conduct’ only.
  • A friend was able to confirm that she back in Feb was on and off with another guy who was violent, but again she would not tell us who and that it was done and never happening again. Per VI - Thread #1, post #165. Does one of her friends know this person?
  • It appears in February she switched to a new email for her Apple ID which we do not have. Per VI - Thread #1, post #365
August 14, 2017
  • Jenna became a member of Atlanta Housing group. On August 14, 2017, Jenna reacted on post of somebody asking for a roommate,planning to move in September 2017. Send me a message <name> ASAP. On questions about the neighborhood the girl’s post asking for a roommate; "Jenna was living right between those two areas (Buckhead and Midtown)” per a local member's post
August 15 Tuesday, 16 Wednesday
  • Parents left for Canada on Tuesday 15[SUP]th[/SUP] per VI - Thread #1, post #958. Jenna agreed on house sitting. She arrived at the house on what day? With her car? Did she meet her parents before they left? Key to the house turned over/she had her own set? Did they meet, what was her state of mind? and watch over the old dear cat. The cat needs medicine/is ill. Laundry list <of things wrong with the cat>, but mostly old age (21) and some infections. Per VI - Thread #1, post #971
  • Parents were planning to stay in Canada until August 26, per VI - Thread #1, post #32
  • Per VI - Thread #1, post #32, Jenna told vet and brother she would be there all weekend. Because she didn’t dare to give the medicine to the cat she was very attached to, so vet could help her giving the medicine. Arrangement were brother helping a.m., vet p.m. ? “We know she would have worked with me and the vet assistant (who didn't have a key to the house) if she had planned to leave” per VI - Thread #1, post #32. Did she plan to leave….I’m not getting this entirely.
August 17, Thursday
  • She had some friends over for a small get together I believe Thursday night and didn't clean up the rooms upstairs. This info came out later from a friend that was over there. Right now we know of Jenna and 2 others that were at the house for sure that night. Trying to find out who else may have been there. Per VI - Thread #1, post #819
August 18, Friday
  • I was at the house Friday a.m to give the cat her meds, I remember seeing the car <Jenna’s car> there. Sorry guys I forgot I had muted this for a bit when I was working on my job hunting. Per VI - Thread #1, post #804. I saw her Friday A.M that was that last time I saw her. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823. In what state she was in? She seemed fine, no indication anything was out of the ordinary, per VI - Thread #1, post #973. At what time? Were the friends already gone? Was mom’s car at the house? Didn't notice. My mom's car stays in the external garage in the back, where as Jenna's was in a visible parking spot in the back. Per VI - Thread #1, post #841
  • Yes, meds were given that <Friday> afternoon. The vet assistant came by around 2 pm I believe. He did not have a key to the house either so Jenna had to be there to let him in. Per VI -Thread #1, post #808. Has anyone talked to the vet about what she and the house seemed like?
  • I talked to her that evening to confirm everything was ok for the rest of the weekend. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823. Must have been by phone, because in the morning the brother saw Jenna for the last time. At what time was this call made? Per VI - Thread #1, post #825, Yes I believe I spoke to her around 4-5 pm (vague memory on that) Brother does not know if she was at home <meaning at the parents’ home> Can’t you look at your own phone when you made the call? My phone log on on my phone only goes back tothe 25th of Aug , per VI - Thread #1, post #832
  • She was also in contact with one other guy that night on and of between 8 and 10pm. From interviews with him. He advised her not to come to his part of town (college Park) with my mom's car, and that he would meet her closer to her apartment. According to him she never showed. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823
  • Per Google maps timeline; per VI - Thread #1, post #848, she stopped in the Area of English Avenue (North and Northside Drive) for about 5-6 minutes around 10 pm. Regarding English Ave stop also mentioned: No specifics only Google maps Timeline. Google maps timeline shows she drove to Wendy’s.
  • We know Friday night she had been in contact with this person of interest via texting / calling / and seeing him. According to him she came to his apartment Approx. 10 pm. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823. Where does this person live? Is it in the neighborhood/Area of English Ave? The place Jenna stopped at 10 pm does not add up with the statement of the POI’s that she was at his address at 10 a.m., because it is in a different area.
  • She had also been in contact with her friend in S.C around 11:45 pm and then her last text with her was around 1:30 - 2 am. Saying laying down
  • Friend talked to her briefly before she left (to where?) By media ….he told the police. Face to face, by phone. What time? Friday night she had left a friends place to come home (what is home mean, her parents’ house or her own apartment) around 11 pm, in mother's car. Why in mother’s car? (per VI - Thread #1, post #32). He claims she wanted a relationship but he did not knowing the theft issue. Per VI - Thread #1, post #165. sooo older information
  • We believe so as a verified friend has spoken to her that night late around 1030 and he recalls her driving my mom's car. Per VI - Thread #1, post #604
  • Another friend said she had a conversation with Van Gelderen. From media (face to face, on the phone?) on Saturday <after Friday12 pm> So at present it seems the SC friend was the last to speak to J at 11.45 p.m. approx. Have LE and you spoken to this friend? What did they discuss and did the friend know where Jenna was when they spoke? The LE has spoken to the S.C. friend, as well as the p.i and my parents. She did not know where Jenna was. Per VI - Thread #1, post #839
  • According to everyone she had returned to my parents place that night. Per VI - Thread #1, post #308
  • 2 am Jenna had sent a text to a friend (T-mobile account, to baby-sit friend in South Carolina) that she was going to bed. She <the S.C. friend> has not seen her either up that way. Per VI - Thread #1, post #32 & Thread #1, post #183. Why they had contact that late? Per VI - Thread #1, post #186, they were always in contact through texts even late at night , but she was never informed by Jenna of her whereabouts. It is not a fact that Jenna text this message herself, could have done by somebody else having her phone. Add by me.
  • Per MSM - LINK, Jenna talked to her mother twice a day. Also on august 18th? Or were parents traveling on that day? How was contact with mother made, by phone, Facebook, did she came to parents house twice a day, other way?
  • I was able to access the voice mail earlier on it and found a pocket dial at 11.50 pm Friday. I have given the number to our p.i. I have been able to locate that number tied to an Instagram account with references to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd. Per VI - Thread #1, post #133. The number for the pocket dial was tied to an Instagram account as well that leads me to believe something more is up. Also metro pcs number as well. Any follow through? Don't know anymore on that. Who ever it was that called at 11:30 left a 2 min long voice mail and their phone was in their pocket. The Insta account that I found tied to that number and several ads that set off an alarm that said person may be a pimp. However have heard nothing more from police on this. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1102. Metro PCS line, pocket dial so it was just random sounds. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1107
  • The Instagram mentioned above is not Jenna's Instagram. Per VI - Thread #1, post #189
  • Through access d.d. 8/31 on her e-mail and Facebook on family finds out on what locations she was and which locations she searches for on google maps timeline:
  • Visited townhome that she frequently went to
  • Searched for another address on Google, promptly after
  • After that no activity, all activity end on 11.30 p.m. Meaning google maps timeline? This has to be switched off then. Added by me. Per VI - Thread #1, post #404 & Thread #1, post #406
  • New info found on 9/1 by VI - Thread #1, post #462: Driving from there <town home> down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Opera night club. According to info she did go the town home then/had the intention to meet him? What is it with the town home guy story? She went there for an appointment with him, but she didn’t come according to his statement….. Curious. I was under the impression the guy who lived in the townhouse that was found through google maps timeline was the one who said they had plans but she didn't show up. Is that not correct? Reply by VI - Thread #1, post #829: At this point honestly I don't know. The police were supposed to check this town home but won't tell me what they have found. The odd thing is the town home like I said is behind her apt.
  • If she didn’t go to the Opera night club, where was she going, what could be another destination in that area? We do not know anymore on this
  • 4 stops at gas stations Is there any info on what she purchased …info from debit card, how much money was taken? Are there CCTV footages? In what car? Per MSM - LINK, a family-friend posted on the Help Find Jenna Facebook page. The last places Jenna used her debit card on Friday, Aug 18:
    - Texaco @ N Decatur Rd
    - DeKalb Industrial Chevron @ Cheshire Bridge
    - LaVista Wendy's @ 1940 Piedmont Road she was at the gas station at Lavista and Cheshire Bridgearound 11PM, info from Facebooksite. Also mentioned earlier in the thread Cheshire and Lavista road…are these names all refer to the same approx. location? Per VI - Thread #1, post #825: with regards to any of the gas stations that were mapped earlier we do not have any more info on those. The only thing really confirmed is that Wendy's based on the straw wrapper in my mom's car / passenger seat pushed back.
    - Chevron @ N Decatur Rd & Clairemont
  • Seen with an unidentified male passenger in her mother’s car. Per flyer on Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen FB page (LINK) and post (LINK). By whom, where and what time?

• Google Maps Timeline can be inaccurate, per this member's post. Seems like the area is very unlikely to loose signals, but….also you have to put on ‘Location History’ in Google Maps Timeline before it registered your whereabouts through a device and you can add/change it yourself. Per another member's post.
  • We know a little after this she has gone to that Wendy's. Then back to either her apartment or this town home I mentioned earlier. It is right behind her apartment. Could be Google error. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823
  • Presumably we assume she made it back to parents house somewhere between 1130 and 130 am. Again I don't know on this as her timeline activity dies around then with her going down to midtown. So we do not know for sure what happened around then. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823
  • The family sent the p.i to that address <townhome> and he talked to the guy there. How did the family know about this guy in the first place? He said they had plans to meet for food but she never made it down there. Per VI - Thread #1, post #408. At what time did they had an appointment? Did he call her when she didn’t show up, checked with her in another way? Who is this person? What kind of relationship they had? Where is this townhome and is there in any way to prove that she (didn’t) went there (by phone signal, witness?) On 9/1, Thread #1, post #462 VI stated they had found information that she drove from townhome down to midtown…Sooo did she or did she not went to the townhome and see the guy. Could this mentioned town house be her own apartment????? Confusing
  • According to VI - Thread #1, post #412, the FBI talked to this townhome guy and his story was checked out. I really wonder what this story is…. Open question stays why is FBI involved, does family knows?
  • The phone number of the townhome guy seems not the same as the pocket call number. Per VI - Thread #1, post #414
  • She was driving in her mums car that evening a dark red Mazda 3 sedan (2010). Per VI - Thread #1, post #462: We also know that she was in my mom’s cars is this a typo or does mum own more than one car? most of that night, so she had to have come back (with someone we assume) to have the cars switched. What was the reason she used mums car? We are still trying to piece together why Jenna was driving my mom's car Friday, like if she loaned hers to a friend etc. We still do not know, however police never finger printed it. Per VI - Thread #1, post #594
August 19, Saturday
  • Brother called at around 9:30 to Jenna. With cellular phone, number house parent? goes to parents house, arrives there at 10.30 am (Per VI - Thread #1, post #160), to give the cat meds. Per VI - Thread #1, post #817: I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang then went to voice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in. Came by the house and she was not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for an errand. The vet/assistent came to the house? pm. He <the vet> tried to but the door was locked and had tried to call Jenna to see where she was. She had told both of us she was going to be around all weekend. Per VI - Thread #1, post #815. I was supposed to come by only that Saturday a.m. but not the rest of the weekend due to other plans. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1100. We didn't know that morning she was missing for sure. My parents and I both got calls from the vet assistant that he wasn't able to get in and her phone was now dead. At 9:30 a.m. when brother called the phone rang and then went to voicemail. The vet tried to call Jenna at ? p.m. and the phone was dead. So no voicemail anymore? At what time did the vet arrived at the parent’s house or alarmed brother and parents? What does the vet say about that? Later brother noticing both phones are gone from the parents’ house and off. Going straight to voicemail or completely dead? So her phone went dead after 9:30 am on Saturday? It wasn't until that night (Saturday) when he was at a wedding that they realized something was wrong, per VI - Thread #1, post #817
Video Interview with Family - LINK

• Jenna not at the house
  • Door locked (deadbolt was locked, per VI - Thread #1, post #608)
  • No sign of forced entry
  • TV-on
  • Lights on
  • Charger at the house
  • Pair of shoes at the house
  • Jenna’s car gone (2010, Blue Mazda 6 sedan, license plate PWH5029, Noticeable scratches on driver side, dent on top of the trunk, and missing cross bar on the front grille) Is the car listed as stolen by now?
  • Jenna’s phone and purse not at the house
  • Mothers car at home (dark red Mazda 3 sedan (2010)
  • House in some disarray what kind? Jenna had people over Thursday night for a get together and rooms upstairs were not cleaned up, per VI - Thread #1, post #819
  • No evidence of struggle
  • Tapestry(more of an Egyptian khayamiya, as a WS member suggested) missing (It was an Egyptian tapestry / buffet cover from around WWII.) Never had been appraised so don't know the worth, but it’s a very odd thing to take. Per VI - Thread #1, post #53
  • It is from my Grandfather / WWII era. It’s not something we ever really talked about. But I do know that it was quite faded, and had a lot of birds on it. Retrieving it isn't so much important, but rather if anyone had tried to sell it to a pawn shop / craigslist in the past few days. Per VI - Thread #1, post #154
  • The tapestry that is missing is part of a set 2x end table covers (what is <the picture> posted <and shown in this video>) and a buffet cover that was framed. The buffet cover is what is missing and very similar to this <the picture posted> Per VI - Thread #1, post #131. Approx. 2 feet by five feet (approx. 61 cm x 152 cm)
  • Tapestry was in a heavy frame, carefully removed by breaking a small piece of the glass and frame hung back on the wall. The frame definitely takes 2 people to put back up. Glass on the frame appears to have been cleaned as well, very odd. Taken from frame, sharper picture available is a same kind of cloth but not the item itself, per VI - Thread #1, post #53
  • I should mention on that picture frame, the missing piece of glass was still on the frame when I found it. It fell out when we and the police took the frame down to inspect and due to safety kept it off. Per VI - Thread #1, post #262
  • What about the missing suitcase? When did the parents notice that a suitcase was missing? That's so weird because my parents were the ones that noticed the suit case gone 2 days later from when I gave the statement. I've been a little aggravated today that our statements are not right and thus transferring to the media, per VI - Thread #1, post #279. How big was the suitcase? Big enough to transfer a person in? What do you think she took in the suitcase? Do you know the dimensions please? (Height width and length, colour, make, fabric etc) Did she bring the missing suitcase with her or was it in the house? What about a suitcase or bag she brought over for her housesitting for the two week period. Don't have an answer to any of this as stated. My parents noticed it <the suitcase> was gone. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1108. Honestly, don't know and my parents were going to check on this. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1092
  • About Jenna’s clothes missing or left at parents’ house; some clothes were at my parents still and some were given back to us from her apartment. No idea what all she took if anything in that suitcase. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1089
  • No activity on social media accounts, bank accounts, phone….. (since the day she disappeared)……after ? could family, LE established a time?
  • Both phones (T-mobile and Metro pcs) are missing and off.
  • Toiletries and what not were still in the bathroom, per VI - Thread #1, post #53
  • Were Jenna’s glasses found in parents’ house?
  • Through access on her mails and Facebook on 8/31 family finds out that on 8/19 there was no activity.
August 20, Sunday 2017
  • It wasn't until that night <Saturday/Sunday> when I was at a wedding that we realized something was wrong. Per VI - Thread #1, post #817
  • Sunday they helped me (from Canada) to begin the process of the missing persons report. Per VI - Thread #1, post #817
  • It was on Sunday also that I had just noticed the tapestry missing. Per VI - Thread #1, post #817
  • Reported missing by brother
August 21,22, 23, 24
  • Family is finding more out about the apartment /address Jenna lived/stayed through P.I. and LE. Family is trying to find out about roommate….He doesn’t want to work with family. Says no to parents, per VI - Thread #1, post #193
  • Male roommate says no access to the apartment. Told the family they need a warrant, per VI - Thread #1, post #173. Who is this person and why have difficulties? How did Jenna get acquainted with this person and decide to live with him? We really know nothing on this apartment or how she met that guy that lives there. We had asked her several times where she was staying and all she ever mentioned is that a "friend" was letting her crash on the couch. Per VI - Thread #1, post #994
  • We just don't know on this. We tried to have her <Jenna> tell us but she would not. Really starting to wonder about him as well and if he may be tied to something in this. Per VI -Thread #1, post #150
  • Distance between her apartment and the pet store she worked at in February 2017 is a 6 minute walk.
August 25, Friday
  • Brother talks to police about access to Jenna’s apartment. Her roommate won't allow us to, need the local police to go over there, but it’s been a week now and they still have not spoken to the roommate (according to them Friday) per VI on Sunday - Thread #1, post #147
August 26, Saturday
  • Family gets news that she is found that night, but it turned out to be not correct. Per VI - Thread #1, post #32. Parents planned to come home "this Saturday" but returned earlier.
August 27, Sunday
  • We have a few neighbors that have videos from their systems pointed at the street, unfortunately nothing directly on our street. Per VI - Thread #1, post #102
August 28, Monday
  • This morning with this new info it seems so now they are taking it more seriously <checking apartment Jenna, strange behavior roommate> per VI - Thread #1, post #180
August 29, Tuesday
  • Candlelight Vigil for Jenna Van Gelderen 7:30 PM ·Congregation Shearith Israel - Atlanta · Atlanta, GA - LINK
  • Apartment has not been searched as far as I know unless done today. Per VI - Thread #1, post #290
  • Apartment is not in the same LE jurisdiction as the parents’ home (DeKalb and Fulton County)
August 30, Wednesday
  • Believe our LE has made contact with roommate and <we> should be hearing soon if he <policeman> is going to visit the apt finally! Per VI - Thread #1, post #349
  • I found her laptop the other day, she stopped using it months ago as It won't turn on. Turned it over to the police to see if they can find anything on the drive that may help. Per VI - Thread #1, post #357. Did this bring leads to go on?
  • So I discovered today that Jenna for sure had iMessage enabled at least I believe so. I tried from my Mac to send her a text via iMessage to her phone number and it was delivered but not read. I have gotten access to 2 icloud accounts now with old emails that she had and using the security questions. Per VI - Thread #1, post #360. Did this bring leads to go on?
  • Brother is trying to find out more about her e-mail accounts/Apple ID site. I've tried the 2 known emails that we have for her and no luck. Per VI - Thread #1, post #365
  • Ok I got in finally. I had been going to iCloud.com. I managed to figure out the right email from the Apple ID site and it shows her phone and phone no as a listed device. I have an old iPad that I'm restoring with her account info. It looks like though and this is odd, it says no back ups of apps and data available. All contacts and messages are wiped and photos only show January of this year and prior. Could this have something to do what happened in February at the Pet store or be related to the supposed violent boyfriend back in February? It's like she turned off all back-up settings or someone wiped a lot of her phone. Per VI - Thread #1, post #367. Maybe somebody could change this stuff to a more comprehending text, because this is out of my league.
  • About the supposed violent boyfriend back in February; We have just heard through the grapevine of this but she would never tell us of this guy, there hasn't been any contact from him or her in a while that we could find on the phone logs though. Per VI - Thread #1, post #375
  • Police is going to interview friend(s) about the possible violent boyfriend she was with in February. (my interpretation bases on content of the post) Yup, p.i and police are interviewing today. Per VI - Thread #1, post #373
  • Police visited Jenna’s apartment. We got her stuff back yesterday <d.d.8/30> . Doesn't sound like they got anything of interest out of going over there. Posted on 8/31 by VI - Thread #1, post #391. Needless to say that they didn’t find Jenna at the apartment. Were there only clothes, was there anything else retrieved from the apartment? Did she really had a room/bed there? What was the state of this room? Any signs that she had been there/lived there? Did the so called roommate really lived there? What happened to the rent?
  • About bringing the roommate for questioning and found items: Not aware of it, sounds like she just had some clothes there and that’s it. But again who knows at this point. I could speculate that the roommate got rid of stuff. Working to find out more this a.m. Still sounds so fishy to me. Per VI - Thread #1, post #395
August 31, Thursday
  • Hey guys sorry for the silence this morning. We have gotten access to her emails and Facebook through some nifty work with T-Mobile. Google has a handy feature now called time line in Google maps. If anyone has used before it's creepy but very handy. Per VI - Thread #1, post #397
  • The family has finally access to her mails and Facebook. VI writes about this Thread #1, post #401 & Thread #1, post #404. We have gotten access to her emails and Facebook through some nifty work with T-Mobile. Google has a handy feature now called time linein Google maps. It shows right now her entire history of locations and whereabouts for Friday the 18, including locations she search on maps. Sat 19 no activity
September 1, Friday
  • So updates.. long day yesterday <d.d.9/1> The tricky part right now is figuring out the last few hours before her activity ends. There is this apartment / townhome I mentioned. Still figuring out the deal with that and then I discovered that the timeline goes a bit more and shows driving from there down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Opera night club. We also know that she was in my mom’s car most of that night, so she had to have come back (with someone we assume) to have the cars switched. Per VI - Thread #1, post #462. <because her mother’s car was at the parents’ house>
September 2, Saturday

September 3, Sunday

September 4, Monday
  • There is a $10,000 reward for info leading to her return per Help Find Jenna FB site - LINK
September 5, Tuesday

September 6, Wednesday

September 7, Thursday
  • There is a person of interest (officially?)Persons name known by family. 33 years old and about 6 feet, working in security, known to Jenna, probably February from Pet shop. <I want to be careful about the details>
  • Hey guys sorry for the absence this week. Been trying to refocus on my own job search. We have a person of interest. He is the last person to see her that Friday night and his stories keep changing on when and where he saw her and has previously been at the house and driven Jenna's car according to friends. <modsnip> <I can’t put name up here> We have an email tip line as well FindJennaNow@gmail.com. Per VI - Thread #1, post #742
September 11, Monday
  • The family got a response from the Police Chief and commissioner. Hopefully will be meeting with him to go over how this case has been handled and where we can go from here. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1109. I wish I could give more updates, but I don't have any :/
  • The family still not met up with LE
  • About how LE is handling the case: Why is police holding up, do they know more? Why withhold information? I'm not sure what they think at this point. I mean they did ask me if she had a box full of money and could have just left to go live off the grid. Again this all goes back to the cat, she would have never left the cat unattended like she did. Police have been very quiet which is why we are meeting with the Chief. We are so very torn and frustrated about how this whole case has been handled. We have given the info to the police, a lot of info, but we don't know what they are doing with it, other than Friday just now seeing a judge to get a warrant to read emails / facebook / texts etc even though we gave them that stuff over a week ago. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1119. We have many times now <asked straight out the police what they think happened> and can’t get a straight answer. I know this department is spread thin in this county which sucks also. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1134
September 13, Wednesday
  • The family still not meet up with LE, per VI - Thread #1, post #1230

What we know about the timing (posts 1 - 1250)

Timeline Friday 8/18 and 8/19 time wise

Friday

? a.m. Brother goes to parents’ house. This is the last time he saw her. Jenna’s car is at the house. He doesn’t know about mom’ car, because this car is normally in the garage and not directly visible.

2 p.m. Vet-assistant goes to parent’ house. Doesn’t have a key to the house, so Jenna had to be there to let him in.

4-5 p.m. Brother talked by phone with Jenna. Her location at that point is unknown by him.

Before 10 p.m “uber’ girlfriend was with Jenna that day and took an Ubertaxi home, before Jenna went out again. (per VI - thread #1, post #1147)

? Friend (can we label this friend, isthis townhouse guy?) talked to her briefly before she left (to where?) Friday night she had left a friends place to come home (what is home mean, her parents’ house or her own apartment around 11 pm) in mother's car. Why in mother’s car? (post 34 by brother) He claims she wanted arelationship but he did not knowing the theft issue. Posted by brotherpost 167. Where is this friends place?

? Searched for another address on Google. Witch address was this?
We know she specifically searched for that townhome address that Wednesday? and when I search more on her timeline that is the address that shows up (not her apt specifically). It is a gated community (townhome) but it is literally behind her apt.

? Believed to have visited townhome where she frequently went to Is this the same place mentioned above? According to brother this/a townhome is behind Jenna’s apartment.

? Drivingfrom there <town home?> down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Opera night club. Post 464.

8-10 p.m. On and off with some guy. From interviews with him. He advised her not to come to his part of town (college Park) with my mom's car, and that he would meet her closer to her apartment. According to him she never showed. Why mom’s car/why not her own car? At what time did they supposed to meet up and where?

Ca. 10 p.m. She stopped in the Area of English Avenue (North andNorthside Drive) for about 5-6 minutes. In witch car? Regarding English Ave stop. No specifics only Google Timeline. According to brother the Google maps timeline shows she she drove to Wendy’s. post brother 966.

10 p.m. According to POI Jenna came to his apartment. The place Jenna stopped at 10 pm does not add up with the statement of the POI’s that she was at his address at 10 a.m., because it is in a different area. In witch car?

10:30 p.m. Verified friend has spoken to her that night and he recalls her driving my mom's car. Post 612 by brother.

? Debitcard used at Texaco @ N Decatur Rd

? Debetcard used at DeKalb Industrial Chevron @ Cheshire Bridge

11 p.m. Debet card used at LaVista Wendy's at 1940 Piedmont Road she was at the gasstation at Lavista and Cheshire Bridge around 11 p.m., post 775, info from Facebooksite. Also mentioned earlier in the thread Cheshire and Lavista road…are these names all refer to the same approx. location? Really confirmed is that Wendy's based on the straw wrapper in my mom's car /passenger seat pushed back. Post by brother 833.

? Debetcard used at Chevron @ N Decatur Rd & Clairemont

? Seen with an unidentified male passenger in her mother’s car. Per FB Help find Jenna van Gelderen. By whom, where and what time?

11:30 After that no activity, all activity end on11.30 p.m. meaning activity on location tracking, so Google maps Timeline was switched off? Posts brother nr. 406 and 408

11:30-1:30 Could have gone back to parents’house or elsewhere. Family is not sure of that and doesn’t know what happened around then.
Again I don't know on this as her timeline activity dies around then with her goingdown to midtown. So we do not know for sure what happened around then. ? According to everyone (who is everyone?) she had returned to my parents place that night. Who do they know? Post by brother nr 310. We know a little after this she has gone to that Wendy's. Then back to either her apartment or this town home I mentioned earlier. It is right behind her apartment. Could be Google error.

11:45 p.m. In contact with her S.C. friend, must have been a conversation on the phone, because S.C. friend didn’t know where Jenna was at that point. Prior info states the S.C. friend talked to Jenna on Saturday, so after 12pm/midnight.

11.50 p.m. By voicemail on Metro pcs Jenna: pocket call from somebody. Number (also a metro pcs number) is tied to an Instagram account with references to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd . Posted by brother post 135.

1:30-2 a.m. Text message to S.C. friend, saying ‘laying down’. We are not sure that it was Jenna that actually send that text added by me.

Saturday

9:30 a.m. Brother calls Jenna, phone goes to voicemail

10:30 a.m. Brother is at the parents’ house, Jenna is not there. Jenna’s car is not at the house, her mom’s car is.

? p.m. Vet came to the house, can’t get in, no key, Jenna not there. At what time vet called brother and parents that there is a problem him not possible to give the medicine?

Thank you very much Greater Than.....for everything!

Still following. She is such a beautiful young woman. She looks a lot like my neighbor. I am terribly concerned that someone has taken advantage of her because of her trusting nature.

It is insane to me that they haven't found at least her car. It makes me fear there are sophisticated parties involved? Maybe not-but if she was just driving around- the tag would shown up.
If it hasn't been considered already-is there a way an Autism support agency would get involved and help get more PR? This SUCKS.

It is insane to me that they haven't found at least her car. It makes me fear there are sophisticated parties involved? Maybe not-but if she was just driving around- the tag would shown up.
If it hasn't been considered already-is there a way an Autism support agency would get involved and help get more PR? This SUCKS.

Do we know where she is on the sprectrum? I realize this sounds like an odd question, but I'm not very familiar with autism and its nuances.

I really think some people in her inner circle (especially everybody who saw/met Jenna that Friday) have to come up with a little more specific info....It's starting to be shady....

Do we know where she is on the sprectrum? I realize this sounds like an odd question, but I'm not very familiar with autism and its nuances.

I think subie is the best one to answer this question. There are a lot of shade of gray...My son is "in the spectrum" but non-specified....he has no Asperger, is not a highly intelligent person with autism....just somewhere in between.

I think we also need to thank Bently for starting the first thread for Jenna. Thanks beauty!

Subie, would you mind clarifying where Jenna falls on the spectrum? Life long diagnosis or recent? Did it effect her social life greatly? Did she have a core group of friends or was she always looking for new friends?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subie, would you mind clarifying where Jenna falls on the spectrum? Life long diagnosis or recent? Did it effect her social life greatly? Did she have a core group of friends or was she always looking for new friends?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been a life long issue for her, but was only diagnosed December 2016. I don't have the full history, but I know my parents tried for years to have tests run, but they always said there 'wasnt an apparent issue. It did affect her social life and she tended to latch on to people that were overlly nice to her and she did have a few issues years back where roomates had used her a lot for rides or buying alcohol but never did anything in return for her. She didn't think like a normal 25 year old would in a situation that could put her in harm

We finally spoke with LE again just a bit ago. All the contacts we have that were with her or had seen her that week are cooperating and not running from the Police, even after several interviews with police. Sounds like they are just as frustrated as we are, but still cannot tell us much more from the investigation

Subie,
Do you know if Jenna was on any medications or when she last saw a doctor (even an urgent care or nurse practitioner at CVS or Walgreens)? Seeing that she most likely didn't have any insurance, she could have used any name, which could hold a clue, but it is a needle in a haystack unless your family would happen to know her pharmacy of choice (even for something as simple as a sinus infection - I'm not alluding to controlled substances at all).
Also, you had mentioned a life coach. I apologize if this has already been addressed, but do you know anymore about the life coach? Name, phone number, office? LE really needs to get on that if there indeed is a life coach, which should be able to be determined by her phone records.
I'm so frustrated for your family... seems like everyone is burning the midnight oil except for those that should be. All of these questions should be able to be answered by LE and you should be trying to think of scenarios they haven't yet covered, but it seems to be working the other way around.
Holding out hope!

Subie,
Do you know if Jenna was on any medications or when she last saw a doctor (even an urgent care or nurse practitioner at CVS or Walgreens)? Seeing that she most likely didn't have any insurance, she could have used any name, which could hold a clue, but it is a needle in a haystack unless your family would happen to know her pharmacy of choice (even for something as simple as a sinus infection - I'm not alluding to controlled substances at all).
Also, you had mentioned a life coach. I apologize if this has already been addressed, but do you know anymore about the life coach? Name, phone number, office? LE really needs to get on that if there indeed is a life coach, which should be able to be determined by her phone records.
I'm so frustrated for your family... seems like everyone is burning the midnight oil except for those that should be. All of these questions should be able to be answered by LE and you should be trying to think of scenarios they haven't yet covered, but it seems to be working the other way around.
Holding out hope!

Not aware of any meds
The coach was a career counselor that my parents set her up with and I don't have any more info on that.

Its been a life long issue for her, but was only diagnosed December 2016. I don't have the full history, but I know my parents tried for years to have tests run, but they always said there 'wasnt an apparent issue. It did affect her social life and she tended to latch on to people that were overlly nice to her and she did have a few issues years back where roomates had used her a lot for rides or buying alcohol but never did anything in return for her. She didn't think like a normal 25 year old would in a situation that could put her in harm

We finally spoke with LE again just a bit ago. All the contacts we have that were with her or had seen her that week are cooperating and not running from the Police, even after several interviews with police. Sounds like they are just as frustrated as we are, but still cannot tell us much more from the investigation

Subie,
This is monumental for the Autism community to step in which should be BREAKING NEW INFORMATION FOR THE NEWS OUTLETS. She was only diagnosed nine months ago. Not only was it a new diagnosis, but the acceptance and realization of it as an adult could have left her with a whole new set of emotions/coping skills. I think this is a GOOD THING to get more coverage/help! Do you have anyone in the Autism community that you have been in contact with? I'm willing to help, but certainly don't want to step on toes if you already have someone advocating for you.

I just brought up the Autism org because I think that would help it get more PR. Anything at this point. It is weird to me that it's not on the news more. But I'm not an expert-maybe it's normal.

This is a true mystery. Will be following with interest.

Subie,
This is monumental for the Autism community to step in which should be BREAKING NEW INFORMATION FOR THE NEWS OUTLETS. She was only diagnosed nine months ago. Not only was it a new diagnosis, but the acceptance and realization of it as an adult could have left her with a whole new set of emotions/coping skills. I think this is a GOOD THING to get more coverage/help! Do you have anyone in the Autism community that you have been in contact with? I'm willing to help, but certainly don't want to step on toes if you already have someone advocating for you.

Its hard enough having aspergers without telling the world you have it.
Imo not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member