FL FL - Dori Myers, 44, St Lucie County, 11 Jan 2006

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Authorities believe a woman who disappeared Wednesday morning was abducted as fire seriously damaged her Lakewood Park home.

The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office is searching for Dori Ann Myers, 44, of 8401 Salerno Road, whose black 1998 Toyota sedan was seen leaving the house as the fire began and later was found burned near a public boat ramp in Glades County.

Deputies are looking for a white man wearing a baseball cap and another with a dark complexion seen with Myers the evening before the fire as "subjects of interest." Officials suspect the fire at Myers' home was set, fire spokesman Chief Buddy Emerson said, because the fire had several points of origin. Officials also found a flammable liquid that could have been used to spread the flames.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...pped,0,7670471.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34869&highlight=lakewood

I saw this home today. It looked like the fire was at the end of the house where the bedrooms are located. Channel 25 news was sitting in front of the home, so I would imagine they will have coverage tonight.

Checking a Florida county map, they mention Glades County was where the car was found. Glades is on the western border of Lake Okeechobee. Since it was left at a boat ramp its possible its location was Lake Okeechobee. Guessing this could be an hour or hour and half drive from the home. I did hear through the grapevine, maybe talked about on local tv, that the barmaid said the two guys had never been in the bar before.

So her house was set on fire and then her car was found later on and it had been set on fire but she wasn't in either the house or the car? What the heck is it with all of these fires lately? Seems like there has been a lot of murders where the house or car has been set on fire....or the body was set on fire. Don't these killers know yet that fire doesn't always destroy evidence?

I hope LE can find this lady and that they can get a good police artist drawing of the two guys. I wonder if there were any fingerprints on or in the car?

The local papers aren't even talking about this. I did read someplace they found a female body yesterday along 95 around Daytona Beach, which is about an hour and half north of this gal's home. They should have began a search for her within the county that same day. If anything or any body is dead, you can spot the location easily because the vultures find it very quickly. Now the case will get a file number and go cold.

By TYLER TREADWAY
tyler.treadway@scripps.com
January 17, 2006

FORT PIERCE — A week after her mysterious disappearance and the burning of her home, the distraught family of a Lakewood Park woman is offering a $5,000 reward for information about her apparent abduction.

St. Lucie County sheriff's investigators think Dori Ann Myers, 44, of 8401 Salerno Road was taken from her home, possibly by two men authorities also are seeking.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4393072,00.html

Greta, covered this story tonight.

I sent her an email a couple of days ago when she was in Miami and tonight we got coverage.
Thank you Greta.

Greta had a telephone interview with St Lucie County Sheriff tonight about Ms. Myers. I'm glad to see her case getting some national media attention.

Lol, we must have been typing at the same time Beyond.

The interview was excellent. I haven't heard anything through the grapevine about whats going on, but Indian Rivers Press journal had it on the front page yesterday, so finally people up there are paying attention.

I am disappointed in this case about flyers. I visited a local grocery store within 1 mile of her home. I didn't see any flyers. I haven't seen anyone with a flyer or seen a flyer posted in the malls located on the major interstate. These are dangerous people, the word needs to be put out there. An improved method of communication needs to be implemented under circumstances like this. Florida is a tourist state. I can guanantee you that the tourists are not looking at a flyer in window or watching local news, or reading local papers. Some type of better communication needs to be used.

FORT PIERCE — The case of a Lakewood Park woman who disappeared last week as her house was set on fire is drawing nationwide attention.

St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara appeared Tuesday night on the Fox News show "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren" to talk about 44-year-old Dori Ann Myers, whom authorities believe was abducted from her home at 8401 Salerno Road early Jan. 11.

<snip>

Amy Doyle, a Fox News producer, said Van Susteren became interested in the case after receiving an e-mail from Myers' father, Dale Curry of Melbourne.

more at the link

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4398378,00.html

Missing woman's car found gutted by fire

GLADES COUNTY— A car gutted by fire in Glades County has ties to a kidnapped woman in Fort Pierce. It has been two weeks since anyone has seen or heard from 43 year old Dori Ann Myers. Two weeks ago, someone burned her Fort Pierce home practically beyond recognition. She hasn't been seen since.

"To me it smells totally of foul play. I can't think of it any other way," said Dori's father, Dale Curry.

Detectives agree. They believe Myers was kidnapped.
There are sketch artist drawings of two men family and friends believe had something to do with her disappearance. They say she was with the two men early on the morning she disappeared.

"I looked out and saw a car pull out of the driveway and I heard some glass popping and I looked in the backyard and saw flames coming out of the back of the house," said Dori's neighbor Cindy Gamez.

Detectives believe someone deliberately set the fire and left Myers' pets in the home to die.

More: http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=5623&z=3&p=

For missing woman's family, hope fades

Posted January 28, 2006

When the two young men said they were U.S. Marines who had been wounded in Iraq, Dale Curry believes that his daughter's heart went out to them.

Now, his heart is breaking.

Dori Ann Myers, 43, invited the men to her Fort Pierce home 2 1/2 weeks ago. She hasn't been seen since.

That same night, someone set fire to her house, killing her 10-year-old black Labrador retriever, Emily, and her cat, Miss Priss. Her car, also gutted by fire, was found the next day parked near a secluded boat ramp in Glades County, more than 50 miles away.

"I think Dori just fell for it when they said they had just returned from Iraq and had no place to stay," said Curry, who lives in Melbourne in south Brevard County. "She befriended them, and then they turn around and do this."

St. Lucie County authorities are investigating the case as an abduction.

Continued:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-loc28ma...-home-headlines

Investigators think Myers met the men on the night of Jan. 10 at a bar in Vero Beach, where she works as a hairstylist. Later that night, the three showed up together at the St. Lucie Inn, another bar that Myers frequented.

Employees, who said Myers isn't a big drinker, told investigators they had never seen the men before.

Myers, who is divorced and has a grown son, drove the men to her home after they said they had no place to stay for the night.

"She said one was going to sleep on the sofa in the living room and the other on a pull-out sofa in the back," said Joe Jones, a trucker and ex-fiance who called Myers that night from the road.

"It kind of aggravated me that she had brought a couple of guys home, but Dori always had compassion for young people in the military," Jones said. "She felt they were fighting and dying, and she wanted to help these guys out."

But at about 3 a.m. on Jan. 11, a neighbor heard arguing coming from Myers' home and then saw her black 1998 Toyota being backed out of the driveway, officials said.

Moments later, flames shot from the back of the house, and the neighbor called 911.

Myers' purse and other belongings were found inside the charred home, said Lt. Jerry Rothman of the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office.

Curry's hope dims as each day passes.

"We're afraid she's dead," he said. "But why on Earth would somebody do that, unless they are born killers?"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-loc28ma...-home-headlines

12xSuspect_1-2746_o.jpg
12xSuspect_2-2748_o.jpg

Sketch of suspects from: http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4383105,00.html

It's difficult to believe this information about her meeting them in Vero Beach has been kept from the public. So much time has passed now that anyone seeing them in that area will have blurred memories. I didn't hear the whole interview on Fox's show, but I am really upset that more local coverage wasn't given to the fact that they were in Indian River County. How can the public help if they are not aware of what area's these monsters were traveling.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-loc28marine206jan28,0,7942272.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

21667748.jpg

Myers, who is divorced and has a grown son, drove the men to her home after they said they had no place to stay for the night.

"She said one was going to sleep on the sofa in the living room and the other on a pull-out sofa in the back," said Joe Jones, a trucker and ex-fiance who called Myers that night from the road.

"It kind of aggravated me that she had brought a couple of guys home, but Dori always had compassion for young people in the military," Jones said. "She felt they were fighting and dying, and she wanted to help these guys out."
More at link, including a photo of her burnt car.

It doesn't sound like they were at her home to long before an argument broke out. They must have killed her at the house....put her in her vehicle....got rid of her body somewhere and then drove the vehicle to where it was found and set it on fire. If there was any blood or anything in the house or car it is gone now. They could have had the decency to let the animals outside.

It sounds like this lady had a kind caring heart but look what it got her. I hope those two young punks are found and that they spend the rest of their lives not having to worry about a place to sleep. Nothing like a hard metal surface with a 1 inch mattress on it along with a scratchy wool blanket to aid in a good nights sleep.

This story seems to have slipped into the news archives and in the meantime, Dori is still missing and 2 killers are on the loose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back