GUILTY WA - 1 dead, several injured, Freeman High School shooting, Rockport, 13 Sept 2017 *arrest*

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking News - 6 injured in Washington High Scool Shooting

"Six people have been injured in shooting at a high school in Washington.
It happened at Freeman High School in Rockport, Washington, on Wednesday afternoon.

The shooter is in custody and all students and staff are now being evacuated.
Students took to Twitter to share photographs from classrooms where students were seen sitting on the ground.

One high school junior said 'at least four' shots had been fired.
Parents are being asked to go to the school's tennis court to wait for more information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-Washington-high-school.html#ixzz4saKBM800

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Officials say one person has died after a shooting at a high school south of Spokane, Washington, reports CBS affiliate KREM.

The Spokesman-Review reports that first responders were at Freeman High School in Rockford Wednesday morning. KREM reports the suspected shooter is in custody.

"The threat from the shooter has been eliminated," Spokane Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer tells the station.

Schaeffer tells the station one person has died inside the school and several were injured. CBS News confirms a local hospital is treating three "school age" patients. Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane told KREM the three victims were in stable condition.

Fire officials would not confirm the age of the deceased victim.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/school...-in-wash/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=42190608

I hate to see these storied, breaks my heart.
Prayers to all affected.

Thank you gregjrichards. I'm in Washington State; not Spokane though. I didn't hear about this until ten minutes ago.

Is there any news on shooter's age and motive? Some SM commenters say bullying, some say he wasn't bullied and just was obsessed with school shootings. Supposedly the deceased victim was his "best friend", according to a SM commenter.

A very, very tragic and sobering day for my state.

Again, the registered owner of the gun (sounds like the Dad in this case) needs to be put away as well. It's the only way so called "responsible gun owners" will be forced to actually be responsible. This kid was suicidal, and had the code to the safe. Unconscionable that these people owned guns. I'd sue them into oblivion if it was my child who was injured/killed. When is it going to be enough? His parents are every bit as culpable.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/14/freeman-shooter-got-gun-from-fathers-safe-shot-vic/

Wow, not much interest in this thread it seems. Are school shootings just par for the course now? Is it just accepted that our children will be gunned down at school? I don't accept that. What do we have to do to at least reduce the number of kids being shot and/or killed at school?

Wow, not much interest in this thread it seems. Are school shootings just par for the course now? Is it just accepted that our children will be gunned down at school? I don't accept that. What do we have to do to at least reduce the number of kids being shot and/or killed at school?

For one, the body count isn't high enough to garner interest. Also, I think many have come to the realization that when it comes down to making a choice between the safety of our children and the right to own guns, people will choose guns over children. It's hard to continue to bang one's head against a brick wall. And yes, looking at the numbers so far this year, it appears that school shootings are becoming par for the course. There's been inaction for so long on gun control that I think people are now being conditioned to believe that "that's just the way it is." Sickening. It doesn't have to be this way.

I don't think it is a lack of interest. It is such a sad tragic case. Not a lot left to say. Not a lot of mystery, like a missing person case or a hidden body found.

Threads like this don't get the numbers because they are so sad and what else is there to say? The friend who tried to help is a true hero and this is devastating. :rose:

The pressure on kids these days is just horrible. So much bullying and intimidation and it is all made so public. I worry for my grand daughter as she grows...

This is the 31st school shooting in the US since January 1, 2017.

Victim told suspect in Washington school shooting: I knew you would 'shoot up the school'

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-washington-school-shooting-20170914-story.html

Caleb Sharpe rode the bus to his high school in a tiny Washington state town, carrying a black duffel bag. The 15-year-old walked to a second-floor hallway, pulled an assault weapon from the bag and tried to load it, authorities said.
It jammed, and a classmate walked up.
"I always knew you were going to shoot up the school," the student said, according to court documents released Thursday. "You know this is going to get you in trouble."
Sharpe pulled a pistol from his coat pocket and shot his classmate, also 15, in the abdomen and then in the face, killing him, according to the documents.

He then walked down the hallway, firing at other students or into the ceiling, authorities say. Three female students were wounded but were expected to survive.

Soup kitchen honors teen volunteer killed in shooting

http://www.khq.com/story/36383874/soup-kitchen-honors-teen-volunteer-killed-in-shooting

"SPOKANE, Wash. -
The family of Sam Strahan, the teenager shot and killed in the Freeman High School shooting on Wednesday, says Sam was an active member of his community and volunteered regularly. One of the places he enjoyed volunteering was Cavalry Soup Kitchen in Spokane. On Saturday the soup kitchen held a memorial in Strahan's honor. Those who knew him said he'll be dearly missed."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back