824 users online (121 members and 703 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1390
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    I think that my postings have been misunderstood. At no time did I suggest that ANY of the children should be identified. They should ALL be protected, regardless of whether they are in state care or that of their biological mother.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    Tiddles, I have watched that video which you refer to a couple of times. Like you, I have no real knowledge of Yowies, or even if they do in fact exist. The video was quite odd, I don't know if the figure was a Yowie or not, but there was definitely something there and it was a bit disconcerting to say the least.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    718
    Just marking my spot.
    For the first time ever I really don't feel we will ever know what happened to William.
    That one person who knows and could have done the right thing is unlikely to change her mind now.
    Sad so many women believe any man is better than no one at all, even if he is a killer

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciana View Post
    I think that my postings have been misunderstood. At no time did I suggest that ANY of the children should be identified. They should ALL be protected, regardless of whether they are in state care or that of their biological mother.
    I think we all understand, Ciana. No worries.
    There are just two strong perspectives displayed here. Those that think William's foster parents should be named. And those that think that is of no consequence to the investigation.

    I, for one, am done with discussing it any further. Our thoughts will not change a thing about the FACS laws, or the direction(s) of the investigation, or who the perp(s) is.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by deugirtni View Post
    There is actually no reason why the girl should even be mentioned. The public should know, imho, who WT was with, and where, and where he was from, and where he resided day to day, etc., at the time when he went missing... for obvious reasons that have been previously mentioned by myself and others.

    WT's name has always been out there, not sure why, since it was *his* name that should have been protected from the outset. With WT being only 3 years old at the time, there really was no reason for the public to know his name, but imho, there *was* a reason for the public to know the caregivers' names.

    Now the Bios' names are out there. I don't see a reason why anything even needs to be said about the girl. She has lent absolutely nothing to the story, she gave no statements to the press. Why not have simply stated that WT was playing in the yard with another child, period? Perhaps give both of those children fictitious names, to protect them.

    There was no consideration given to the girl previously through the courts, as previously shown on court docs, so why make it an issue at this late date, 3 years after the fact? And why has the media been acting like paparazzi in their pursuit of KT, even when she has at least two younger offspring in tow? Their photos are also being taken and published, albeit hopefully not their faces. And now that the public knows the bio mom's name, it is very easy, as someone mentioned, to gather other info on other family members. They cannot control the world, and yet even as there is available content online about the people who should be protected, it is only the FPs who always were, and continue to be protected, using legal means. I think people see through this secrecy and it lends a bad taste, leading people to question 'why'?

    As mentioned by another poster, KT did not have responsibility for WT's day-to-day care, nor was he even with her on a visit at the time of his disappearance. And it's really nobody's business as to potential reasons why KT's children were taken from her care some 2.5 years before the disappearance event. It is irrelevant, but yet the publishing of derogatory information almost lends a flavor, imho, of the media being vengeful towards the bio family. And I'm not sure why. I'm just not getting it. Talk about noise and diversion, distraction, from the real issue at hand, which is that a toddler in the care of the government has disappeared into thin air for over 3 years, and is likely presumed dead. If we all think hard about what we'd actually be thinking and feeling if this was our own bio child, perhaps we might grow some compassion and think differently about all of this secrecy surrounding his actual caregivers at the time.

    I sincerely hope that KT has somehow secured some excellent legal advice on assisting her through this terrible time.. there seem to be many issues at hand here, as far as concerns her specifically. She appears to be between a rock and a hard place, imo, where she may want to speak out publicly perhaps, and most likely has a lot of anger in regard to things that have happened and perhaps how they've been handled, but yet she is subdued, likely under threat of not reaching her motherhood goals and her now publicized quest to mother all of her remaining offspring.. whether the threat is actual or self perceived. Are there 'legal aid' services over there?
    ...................

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciana View Post
    South Aussie, re your response to my posting; I understand what you are saying re William's sister. However, the two other small children of KT have not been given that same courtesy. They have not been named per se, but they are still out there and being photographed by MSM, albeit with their faces zapped out. That seems like double standards from where I am standing. They should have rights, too, even although they are not granted the same protection as fostered children.
    I was unable to respond directly to your post, as the thread appears to have been closed and tbh I am not exactly Billy Whiz on forums.
    I respect the fact that you are entitled to your opinions, as we all are. This subject is very emotive for all of the people concerned about William.
    ..............:,,,,,...........
    Last edited by tiddles24; 09-14-2017 at 08:03 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    AUS
    Posts
    5,449
    Quote Originally Posted by tiddles24 View Post
    On previous thread 26 posted by Ciana Post #1547...there was a mention of Yowies (I don't know how to bring her post to this new thread).

    However, there is a video on You Tube with the title "YOWIE SIGHTED AT WILLIAM TYRRELL'S HOUSE ON GOOGLE EARTH - Mar 2010".

    I'm having trouble downloading the video link below, but if anyone is interested in seeing the video, it is very interesting as I didn't even know that Yowies existed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciana View Post
    Tiddles, I have watched that video which you refer to a couple of times. Like you, I have no real knowledge of Yowies, or even if they do in fact exist. The video was quite odd, I don't know if the figure was a Yowie or not, but there was definitely something there and it was a bit disconcerting to say the least.
    This could be an example of pareidolia:

    'A shadow person (also known as a shadow figure, shadow being or black mass) is often attributed to pareidolia. It is the perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly as interpreted by believers in the paranormal or supernatural as the presence of a spirit or other entity.'

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

    The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by iailwa View Post
    I thought i saw somewhere here someone asking about an age progression of William, as below:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...illiam/?cs=257
    I mentioned in my previous post about an age progressed photo of William. I know such a photo exists and thanks for the link. My point was why have the photo of WT at 3 yrs. of age up on poster boards if people are supposed to be aware of him out there somewhere, when at 6 yrs. old he is no longer the tot he was when he went missing?
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    I mentioned in my previous post about an age progressed photo of William. I know such a photo exists and thanks for the link. My point was why have the photo of WT at 3 yrs. of age up on poster boards if people are supposed to be aware of him out there somewhere, when at 6 yrs. old he is no longer the tot he was when he went missing?
    Great point. Perhaps both together? Wouldn't that be wonderful if he was alive... 🙏

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by iailwa View Post
    Great point. Perhaps both together? Wouldn't that be wonderful if he was alive... ��
    Yes that would be a good idea. I know it has happened where a missing child has turned up years later, but it is very rare for that to happen.
    I actually looked online to see how many unsolved missing child cases in a child as young as WT in Australia. I read on the Mako site and i think the youngest child was 4 yrs. old and was one of the Beaumont children. And others were quite old cases but not many on there as unsolved cases of missing very young children.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by tiddles24 View Post
    On previous thread 26 posted by Ciana Post #1547...there was a mention of Yowies (I don't know how to bring her post to this new thread).

    However, there is a video on You Tube with the title "YOWIE SIGHTED AT WILLIAM TYRRELL'S HOUSE ON GOOGLE EARTH - Mar 2010".

    I'm having trouble downloading the video link below, but if anyone is interested in seeing the video, it is very interesting as I didn't even know that Yowies existed.

    Attachment 123161
    The problem with the Yowie theory is that:
    1) they are nocturnal so wouldn't be roaming the yard in the day
    2) they rarely hunt in the same area for more than a few months due to limited food to sustain such a large animal, so those sighted in 2010 have probably lived on
    3) they don't exist.
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    - Carl Sagan

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    I mentioned in my previous post about an age progressed photo of William. I know such a photo exists and thanks for the link. My point was why have the photo of WT at 3 yrs. of age up on poster boards if people are supposed to be aware of him out there somewhere, when at 6 yrs. old he is no longer the tot he was when he went missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    Yes that would be a good idea. I know it has happened where a missing child has turned up years later, but it is very rare for that to happen.
    I actually looked online to see how many unsolved missing child cases in a child as young as WT in Australia. I read on the Mako site and i think the youngest child was 4 yrs. old and was one of the Beaumont children. And others were quite old cases but not many on there as unsolved cases of missing very young children.
    Yes true. Adelaide oval, Wanda beach. Great they caught some recently, like the fairy meadow guy down at Wollongong. & I think there's been a few others caught along the way in recent times too for old crimes, but can't say off top of my head... awesome stuff tho !

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    I mentioned in my previous post about an age progressed photo of William. I know such a photo exists and thanks for the link. My point was why have the photo of WT at 3 yrs. of age up on poster boards if people are supposed to be aware of him out there somewhere, when at 6 yrs. old he is no longer the tot he was when he went missing?
    My understanding about the age progression photo is that it was commissioned by a newspaper on the 2nd anniversary of his disappearance. IIRC there was discussion at the time about this and that the image was not commissioned or used as a tool by the police in this instance. I also thought that I read on the last thread, but I can't find it, that WT's disappearance is being investigated as a homicide. That seemed to me to be one step further along in the investigation than just saying strikeforce Rosann was headed by the NSW homicide department. MOO

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    3,475
    Quote Originally Posted by frogwell View Post
    My understanding about the age progression photo is that it was commissioned by a newspaper on the 2nd anniversary of his disappearance. IIRC there was discussion at the time about this and that the image was not commissioned or used as a tool by the police in this instance. I also thought that I read on the last thread, but I can't find it, that WT's disappearance is being investigated as a homicide. That seemed to me to be one step further along in the investigation than just saying strikeforce Rosann was headed by the NSW homicide department. MOO
    It can also be revealed that earlier this year, a Supreme Court judge said “tragically” the probability was that the boy was “no longer alive” as the investigation was now being conducted as a homicide.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...cbe91b6294fac2

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by frogwell View Post
    My understanding about the age progression photo is that it was commissioned by a newspaper on the 2nd anniversary of his disappearance. IIRC there was discussion at the time about this and that the image was not commissioned or used as a tool by the police in this instance. I also thought that I read on the last thread, but I can't find it, that WT's disappearance is being investigated as a homicide. That seemed to me to be one step further along in the investigation than just saying strikeforce Rosann was headed by the NSW homicide department. MOO
    Thanks for that

Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #23
    By KayElJay in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1257
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 07:46 AM
  2. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21
    By Makara in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1075
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 09:49 AM
  3. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #10
    By CarmelEyesD in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1057
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 07:58 AM
  4. Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3
    By CarmelEyesD in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1017
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 11:25 PM

Tags for this Thread