1179 users online (216 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Donna Jokumsen, 22, Chandler, 5 July 1987 *Arrest*

Arrest Made In 1987 Chandler Missing Mom Case

In July of 1987, 22-year-old Donna Mae Jokumsen was living in Chandler with her 23-year-old husband Kevin and their two young children. On July 3rd of that year, Donna Mae telephoned her father in Washington State and told him she was returning home to Washington with her children. But after nearly a week, Donna Mae never arrived at her parentís residence. Donna Maeís mother contacted the Chandler Police Department on July 11th, 1987 to report her missing. When officers arrived at the Jokumsen residence, they found Kevin and both children, but Donna Mae was gone. She has not been heard from since.
    Donna Mae was last seen on July 5th, 1987.
    https://arizonadailyindependent.com/...g-person-case/

A man has been arrested on suspicion of killing his wife in Chandler in 1987, officials said.

Auburn, Washington, police arrested Kevin Dale Jokumsen, 53, on Aug. 31.
    He is being held in a county jail in Washington awaiting extradition to Arizona, according to a press release sent out by the Chandler Police Department on Wednesday.

He faces a charge of second-degree murder, officials said.
    Jokumsen's wife, Donna Mae Jokumsen, 22, was last seen on July 5, 1987.
    Her body has not been found, officials said.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ler/663923001/

I wonder what happened to the two little boys. Maybe, since he moved back to Washington, her parents were part of their lives. I hope so. Does anybody know?
    Trust in the Lord...

It has been reported Jokumsen is homeless and had built a lengthy criminal history. Jokumsen was arrested for being a fugitive from justice and was first taken to the SCORE jail in Des Moines before being transferred to the King County jail.
    http://www.courierherald.com/news/ar...umclaw-couple/

I hope and pray those two little boys were able to grow up in a stable home...perhaps with her parents. This is really bothering me. Does anybody know what happened to them?
    Trust in the Lord...

I did find this...It was 6 years after Donna went missing...I do hope his mother provided a good home for the boys. So sad that they grew up without their mother...

After failing a lie detector test about his wife's disappearance, Kevin Jokumsen eventually returned to Enumclaw, where he still lives with his mother and two sons.
    "I see the boys once a year, and they think their mother just ran away," Douglas said.

"We don't tell them anything else, but some day, I hope they learn the real truth."
    Copyright 1993, 1999 The Arizona Daily Star
    Trust in the Lord...