1000 users online (195 members and 805 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Were the texts from her -- or just sent from her phone? Because her phone has not been used since she disappeared. Her vehicle and personal belongings are at her home. What about this is normal? Nothing.
    You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes ... you have to hold his head under

Mention of divorce in very interesting comments....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=275851267499

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    Irma did not affect Pensacola area. Maybe just some rain. It was the peninsula, not the western panhandle that was affected.
    Killarney.....I didn't mean to imply that the Hurricane somehow scooped our dear lady away. My apologies if you took it literally. But as we've seen, our departed Crystal Mc (there's a thread here on WS for her) was murdered by her husband in the ensuing hours of the disastrous Hurricane Harvey.

In general, There's the pre-Hurricane panic, gas shortages, people getting out of the "anticipated" hurricane path, changing plans, general nervousness, etc.
    The frantic chaos before a storm is a bit unnerving & people are sometimes in preparedness mode. Many deviate from their normal routine. So what I was referring to was more about the vibe pre and post hurricanes & less about actual wind gust speeds. Irma was unusual in the sense that her path was difficult for meteorologists to predict---east coast, west coast, up the center?

So in that state of hurricane anxiety, it can serve as a "perfect storm" for those who have evil intentions.

I'm glad you felt zero effects from Irma ... not even gas or water shortages?

Very lucky.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

I'm in SE AL. Yes, people went nuts buying supplies here, but we never ran out. We had lots of evacuees in our area. We were encouraged(for all the good it did) to not rush out to buy gas so there would be plenty for the evacuees to buy on their way through. Some stations ran out for the short period it took for the delivery trucks to get to the stations, but no, no real shortages or damage. Probably even less in Pensacola.

A new article.

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/...ola/676309001/

PPD Public Information Officer Mike Wood said foul play has been ruled out in Wright's case.
    "We believe she left on her own accord at this point," Wood said. "We want to hear from her, to let us know she's OK."

Quote Originally Posted by doodles1211 View Post
    This is the second PI to go missing in FL recently. I am looking for the WS page for the man that went missing. I believe this summer. I cannot remember the name.
    This was my first thought as well. PI Stephen Paoletti went missing in May. Might just be coincidence and that they both have risky professions, but I do wonder if they could have known each other or ever collaborated on a case. Here is SP's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ty-31-May-2017

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiec...26047381034766

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alexwood View Post
    Were the texts from her -- or just sent from her phone? Because her phone has not been used since she disappeared. Her vehicle and personal belongings are at her home. What about this is normal? Nothing.
    I'm with you alex. A "couple of days" has turned into 11 days. The two years plus list of court filings and Taylor not showing for the August 24 DCA hearing makes my hinky meter spin.

Hopefully she really did need some time to regroup - she seems like a capable person - but here's the red flag for me: If she texted a friend that she needed to get away for a couple of days why then would she need to leave her vehicle and her personal belongings behind?

And if she had the forethought to let a friend know she was taking off why wouldn't she have then let the same friend know she was ok once she was at her destination. Why make her family worry unnecessarily? And why turn her phone off?

To me (so IMO) there's a big difference between wanting some time alone to think and wanting to disappear.

I hope Taylor just made an error in judgment and will return once she realizes her family and friends are worried for her.

ETA: To see the court docs: http://www.okaloosaclerk.com/ Go to Online Services at the bottom right, click "court records" and follow directions to enter the name.
    Last edited by MsMarple; 09-18-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    I'm with you alex. A "couple of days" has turned into 11 days. The two years plus list of court filings and Taylor not showing for the August 24 DCA hearing makes my hinky meter spin.

Hopefully she really did need some time to regroup - she seems like a capable person - but here's the red flag for me: If she texted a friend that she needed to get away for a couple of days why then would she need to leave her vehicle and her personal belongings behind?

And if she had the forethought to let a friend know she was taking off why wouldn't she have then let the same friend know she was ok once she was at her destination. Why make her family worry unnecessarily? And why turn her phone off?

To me (so IMO) there's a big difference between wanting some time alone to think and wanting to disappear.

I hope Taylor just made an error in judgment and will return once she realizes her family and friends are worried for her.

ETA: To see the court docs: http://www.okaloosaclerk.com/ Go to Online Services at the bottom right, click "court records" and follow directions to enter the name.

Thanks for the link, Ms. Marple. In looking at the docket, it looks to me that the appeal, initiated by her husband, has been dismissed. Am I not getting the picture here?

Also, when was she ACTUALLY LAST SEEN? We get the text information, that she (allegedly) sent a text the day before she "went missing", but we are never told in any of the articles WHO LAST SAW her, and WHEN DID THEY LAST SEE HER (with their little beady eyes!)?

I understand that LE has stated there is no foul play suspected. I like the sound of that. That means there is no need to designate anyone as a suspect. We don't want to unnecessarily alarm anyone.
    You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes ... you have to hold his head under

Quote Originally Posted by alexwood View Post
    [/B]

Thanks for the link, Ms. Marple. In looking at the docket, it looks to me that the appeal, initiated by her husband, has been dismissed. Am I not getting the picture here?

Also, when was she ACTUALLY LAST SEEN? We get the text information, that she (allegedly) sent a text the day before she "went missing", but we are never told in any of the articles WHO LAST SAW her, and WHEN DID THEY LAST SEE HER (with their little beady eyes!)?

I understand that LE has stated there is no foul play suspected. I like the sound of that. That means there is no need to designate anyone as a suspect. We don't want to unnecessarily alarm anyone.
    Other way around. Taylor was appealing.

http://law.justia.com/cases/florida/...7/17-2547.html

This divorce was initiated by the husband so when you see (PET) it means petitioner or the ex-husband. Respondent is Taylor.
    In this divorce the husband has custody of the child. Taylor has some account or accounts that have money that was ordered to be given to the husband in dividing the assets and/or had been hidden during these proceedings. This is why there are orders to freeze them and orders to Taylor to comply with the orders of the court.

It would not surprise me if she took off for a bit. But at this moment I am keeping everything on the table.

Unless I am mistaken Taylor worked as a police officer in Jacksonville, North Carolina and she is originally from Newtown Connecticut and she presented a plaque to the families in Newtown after the school shooting on behalf of the Jacksonville, North Carolina Police Department. So, she could be in North Carolina or even Connecticut or somewhere else.

Wish we were privy as to why they have ruled out foul play. How can they really rule this out without having found her?
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    A "couple of days" has turned into 11 days. The two years plus list of court filings and Taylor not showing for the August 24 DCA hearing makes my hinky meter spin.

[H]ere's the red flag for me: If she texted a friend that she needed to get away for a couple of days why then would she need to leave her vehicle and her personal belongings behind?

And if she had the forethought to let a friend know she was taking off why wouldn't she have then let the same friend know she was[B]ok once she was at her destination. Why make her family worry unnecessarily? And why turn her phone off?

[snipped & bolded by me, for emphasis]

Amen. To all of this. Thank you, MsMarple. You make some excellent points. And (IMO) all of your points, point to the obvious: She did not "go missing", or "disappear" (into thin air, or anywhere else, of her own volition). She's "out there", somewhere, but I don't even want to think about it. And I hope that whoever is responsible for her "disappearance" is not in a position of power and authority to pull it off.

With her car & personal belonging at home is what throws up a red flag to me. Questions I have are...Was she dating anyone? If so could she have left with him? Did someone else pick her up? If not, have they checked the area around her home...woods, ponds, etc? It appears her life was in a downward spiral with the divorce & custody of her child.
    Last edited by janrh1290; 09-19-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Not sure news article is same person

Interesting comments on news page....their hinky meters roaring too...

https://m.facebook.com/pnjnews/posts/10159477664095096

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

FL - Taylor Ashley Wright, 33, Pensacola, 7 Sept 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    Interesting comments on news page....their hinky meters roaring too...

https://m.facebook.com/pnjnews/posts/10159477664095096

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    drjmcope06

The Devil whispers, "You can't withstand the storm."
    The Warrior replied, "I am the storm."

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast