PA - Another realtor rape

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A suspect is in custody for allegedly raping a Realtor in Chester County.

The woman had shown a unit at the Goshen Valley Apartments in East Goshen, and then went to seal the deal at the suspect's home nearby, NBC 10 reported.

That's where the alleged assault happened.

Neighbors say they know him and that women tried to stay away from him.
http://www.nbc10.com/news/6053511/detail.html

It is something we deal with daily. Our local MLS service is pretty good about notifying us of problems that have occurred in certain areas. We had two rapes and murders in one instance and several realtors with cars and money stolen. All perps have been caught but you never know when the next one is lurking. I have changed a lot of the way I do things and only work on referrals...creates other hardship but still. The biggest problem I have now is with listings. If someone calls about a listing you have to respond. I never go out after dark and always notify someone that I am showing a property but still. I truly suggest that their own agent show the property and get enough info to verify that this is legitimate but people lie all the time. Damn if you do and damn if you don't.

Matthew Joseph Herd, who faces charges that include rape and kidnapping, was accused of assaulting the 28-year-old woman about 1 p.m. Thursday, police said.
The criminal complaint gives the following account:
After Herd stopped in the woman's office, the agent drove him to look at a condo in Goshen Valley, where Herd received a phone call. He told the agent that his girlfriend was en route to his apartment at the Rose Hill complex on Route 3, and that he wanted her to accompany them to see some of the properties.
The agent drove Herd to his apartment, but asked to leave when he began acting strangely. He then grabbed her by the neck, placed a steak knife against her throat, and threatened to kill her if she made any noise.
After the assault, Herd apologized and told the woman to leave because he was going to kill himself with the knife. She fled across the hall, and Herd called 911 and said he wanted to turn himself in because he just raped someone.
When police arrived, Herd admitted making the call. Later, he said he blacked out and had been using cocaine. He said he tried to kill himself with the knife; officers observed "one very light scratch" on Herd's neck, according to the criminal complaint.
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/pennsylvania/13623416.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back