1292 users online (215 members and 1077 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    11:00 pm NHC update track- "Maria forecast to be a major with possible RI (rapid intensification). She looks to be a threat as she takes almost the same path as Irma through midweek next week. 125mph now expected near PR. Mainland US impacts too far away to guess. Jose could push Atlantic high aside opening the door... or he could race on out of here allowing it to close and push her more west.*"

http://spaghettimodels.com

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Maria expected to become a hurricane tomorrow and a Major by Wednesday as a Cat3/cat4.

Last edited by Henry2326; 09-17-2017 at 10:18 AM.

There are 2 paths for Maria:

Scenario 1 is for #Jose to stall off the Northeast coast, causing a weakness in the ridge. This will likely take #Maria out to sea.

Scenario 2 shows Jose completely out of the picture and high pressure dominating the steering flow. This would take #Maria toward the U.S.

Praying for Scenario 1....

https://mobile.twitter.com/hurrtrack...imodels.com%2F

Overnight, the GFS model played "out to sea" while the Euro played " US landfall- specifically South Carolina/North Carolina". I'm sure it will change 50 times between now and then.

The top right spaghetti models show these scenarios. As we know wide diversity means lack of agreement. The lines over the islands are much tighter.

The bottom pics show the island locations on Tuesday/Wednesday for Euro, Canada, and GFS models. We are inside the 5 day cone and the models are more aligned.

Greetings from Puerto Rico! We're right on the path for Hurricane Maria, just in time for the 19th anniversary of Hurricane George's.

Hurricane Irma just hit us with a few winds and caused a few wrecks. (Some people still don't have electricity or water) if Maria comes, well, say goodbye to the weak and old Power infrastructure.

Only a miracle could save us from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post
    Greetings from Puerto Rico! We're right on the path for Hurricane Maria, just in time for the 19th anniversary of Hurricane George's.

Hurricane Irma just hit us with a few winds and caused a few wrecks. (Some people still don't have electricity or water) if Maria comes, well, say goodbye to the weak and old Power infrastructure.

Hi Angel-

The Good: we are still 3 days out so it could wobble North with less impact.

The bad: it's coming...unlikely it will miss you all together.

The ugly: forecast today is cat3/4....but that could also change.

Hope you have a plan and a safe place to go. Please let us know how things are going. Is the island prepared for another one this quick?

Ugh. Local news is reminding people to restock their hurricane supplies.

Did I ever mention I hate hurricanes?

I'm a nervous wreck and can't watch the news on Jose, now this?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    11:00 pm NHC update track- "Maria forecast to be a major with possible RI (rapid intensification). She looks to be a threat as she takes almost the same path as Irma through midweek next week. 125mph now expected near PR. Mainland US impacts too far away to guess. Jose could push Atlantic high aside opening the door... or he could race on out of here allowing it to close and push her more west.*"

You know I told you our youngest daughter and her family lives in Charleston? Well guess what her name is? Yep! MARIA!

I sure hope hurricane Maria turns out to be as calm as our Maria.

One of the other hurricanes had my first name although spelled differently. I hated it had my name because it wound up causing a lot of damage.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Jax49 View Post

So do I Jax. I haven't been on this thread in awhile. Did your area of Jacksonville get flooded?

Since our power never went off we still have all of ours ready to go. I just hate it though for those who have already suffered so much from hurricanes this year. So many are still trying to recover and are still traumatized by Irma and Harvey.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    There are 2 paths for Maria:

Scenario 1 is for #Jose to stall off the Northeast coast, causing a weakness in the ridge. This will likely take #Maria out to sea.

Scenario 2 shows Jose completely out of the picture and high pressure dominating the steering flow. This would take #Maria toward the U.S.

Praying for Scenario 1....

https://mobile.twitter.com/hurrtrack...imodels.com%2F

sure would be nice if it would take Scenario 1. I have no wish to beat 2005 records.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post

Glad you stop in, Archangel. I hope you are able to keep us updated for your area as this moves in. Sounds like you are very concerned. Hoping your power does not take a major hit. Not looking real great, though, from what I take from your update and Henry2326's reports. You remain in my daily concerns. I'll take a miracle, please.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Jax49 View Post

Me too....Jax glad you are ok. Tough situation in Jax....flooding takes everyone by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    I'm a nervous wreck and can't watch the news on Jose, now this?
    Jersey- thinking of ya. Lets hope it skirts far enough off shore that surge is minimal. Its not an Irma or a Sandy at this point. Lets hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    You know I told you our youngest daughter and her family lives in Charleston? Well guess what her name is? Yep! MARIA!

I sure hope hurricane Maria turns out to be as calm as our Maria.

One of the other hurricanes had my first name although spelled differently. I hated it had my name because it wound up causing a lot of damage.
    Ocean, I remember...lovely name Maria. do they live downtown? Me too. Best hope is Jose pulls it out to sea.

All 3. Models show Maria approaching Puerto Rico on Wednesday. The Canadian model shows Maria slightly south of the island. Watching to see if this trend continues.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast