1567 users online (279 members and 1288 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Maria was expected to hit the U.S. Virgin Islands by Tuesday afternoon and Puerto Rico late Tuesday into early Wednesday, with conditions appearing favorable for "additional rapid strengthening for the next 24 hours and possibly longer."

President Trump declared states of emergency in Puerto Rico and in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where Gov. Kenneth Mapp suspended all Irma recovery efforts to shift the focus to preparing for Maria.

The Coast Guard said it was moving personnel, cutters and aircraft in the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico to protect them from Maria and to position them for quick search-and-rescue missions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...ibbean-n802511

Windy.com can give a basic forecast:

https://www.windy.com/?29.306,-65.479,4

Looks like Jose pushes Maria out to sea after it leaves the Bahamas? I can't believe Jose will still be hanging around the Northeast until late this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    Noooooooo

And to top that off I have this song going through my head right now:

Oh MaryG12, anyone could easily understand why you feel that way! You've just got your power back on after a long, long week.

You're hearing that song in your head.

I'm hearing this one, 'My Maria​' by Brooks & Dunn...

I don't think though she is going to be the 'sunlight when the skies are gray.'

Maria upgraded to cat5 and 160 mph winds.

http://spaghettimodels.com

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Windy.com can give a basic forecast:

https://www.windy.com/?29.306,-65.479,4

Looks like Jose pushes Maria out to sea after it leaves the Bahamas? I can't believe Jose will still be hanging around the Northeast until late this weekend.
    A lot of people saying the same thing. Hope it happens...best case scenario.

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

This is really devastating and 3 series of hurricanes keep coming into different places. I hope people are getting ready for it and not take this lightly. I also suggest checking out your water restoration if possible for floods will be first cautionary.

I'm really speechless.
    My posts are my opinion only unless I provided links for facts, I respect yours and all opinions that are different then mine.

Please don't confuse facts with opinions it can effect more then our own little world.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    A lot of people saying the same thing. Hope it happens...best case scenario.

I have to say that when I was watching Windy during Irma I looked at Jose long range and it had Jose come up the same path as it is now. I am a fan now of Windy. I don't doubt Windy's forecast with Jose and Maria merging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JazzTune View Post
    Oh MaryG12, anyone could easily understand why you feel that way! You've just got your power back on after a long, long week.

You're hearing that song in your head.

I'm hearing this one, 'My Maria​' by Brooks & Dunn...

I don't think though she is going to be the 'sunlight when the skies are gray.'

I'm hearing "How do You Solve a Problem Like Maria" From The Sound of Music.

How do you solve a problem like Maria?
    How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?

How do you find the word that means Maria?
    A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her
    Many a thing she ought to understand
    But how do you make her stay and listen to all you say
    How do you keep a wave upon the sand?

Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
    How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

When I'm with her I'm confused, out of focus and bemused
    And I never know exactly where I am

Unpredictable as weather, she's as flighty as a feather
    She's a darling! She's a demon! She's a lamb!

She'd out pester any pest, drive a hornet from its nest
    She could throw a whirling dervish out of whirl

She is gentle! She is wild! She's a riddle! She's a child!
    She's a headache! She's an angel! She's a girl!

Relevant lines BBM. Although I really hope she doesn't stay and keep the waves upon the sand!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    7:33pm] Recon finds an estimated pressure of 926mb and surface winds of 160 mph in #Maria's northwestern eyewall.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com

Dominica to suffer direct hit tonight.

I've been there. Its a lovely island. Reminded me of the island they used in the King Kong movie with Jessica Lange. Its mountainous and gives an alure of the jungle. Can't imagine what it will look like tomorrow.... Sad

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    sad is putting it rather mildly ... I am terrified for our WS friend, Archangel. Prayers and a glimmer of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by her View Post
    I'm really speechless.
    I know, I just don't have words left to sound hopeful.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Hurricane Maria makes landfall on Dominica as Category 5 storm; islands, including Puerto Rico, brace for impact
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/maria-landf...ry?id=49923831

Category 5 Maria Threatens Catastrophic Damage in the Caribbean
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...ibbean-n802511

"Maria blew up from a tropical storm into a major Category 5 hurricane in barely more than a day, bearing down on Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands with catastrophic winds so strong that some areas could be uninhabitable for months, forecasters warned Monday night."

OkieChance is offline This may be the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves. ~ HST
    From the Guardian. OMG

Hurricane Maria: Dominica 'brutalised' by new category five storm – live: https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...orm-live#img-1

From the story:

"The prime minister of Dominica has used Facebook to describe in harrowing detail – and in real time – his own rescue from the destruction of Hurricane Maria.

"The category five storm passed directly over the island nation of Dominica on Monday night local time. Amid gusts of wind up to 260kmh (160mph) the country’s long-serving leader, Roosevelt Skerrit, rode out the storm from his home.

“The winds are merciless!” wrote 45-year-old Skerrit on Facebook. “We shall survive by the grace of God!”

MOO
    MOO

OkieChance is offline This may be the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves. ~ HST
    From the Guardian link above:

"And it is not yet over warns the Trinidad and Tobago weather centre, which says the outer bands of Hurricane Maria will continue to move over the island overnight, 'exacerbating the devastating flooding situation'"

MOO
    MOO

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/1...ww.google.com/

From The NY Times:

“None of this is unusual in terms of the number; we are in the peak week of the peak month in what was forecast to be an active season,” said Dennis Feltgen, an agency spokesman. “What is horrific is the succession of Category 4 Harvey, Category 4 and 5 Irma and now” Category 5 Maria.

"A typical season has 12 named storms, six of which become hurricanes, with three of those becoming major hurricanes. So far this season, which is more than halfway through, there have been 13 named storms, including seven hurricanes, four which have been major."

MOO
    MOO

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast