Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Jenny Chen, 26, went on a backpacking trip through Mexico in March. This trip also included hitchhiking to different cities. Jenny was also a member of the traveling website couchsurfing.com, and used it to find places to stay during her trip.

Jonathan, her husband, was supposed to meet Jenny in Cancun on April 15th, but she never showed up. The last time friends and family heard from her was April 11th when she was in Oaxaca.

Help Find Jenny Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/?pnref=story

chen-400x267.jpg

http://q13fox.com/2016/04/23/wallingford-man-says-wife-missing-in-mexico/
http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/woman-missing-on-oaxaca-cancun-trip/

Her husband is also raising money to hire a private investigator. He speculated that money may be needed for a “ransom,” although he hasn’t heard from anybody. He also fears that his wife may have been sold into human trafficking. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...kpacking-trip/

it was a chance for her to clear her head and figure out what she wants to do with her life. The two met while he was living in China in 2008. They two eventually moved to the U.S.. Chen was granted permanent residency and was working toward becoming a citizen. But she struggled to find work. One last adventure on her own seemed like the perfect way to refocus.

Reinhard says they kept in close contact through Skype and Facebook as his wife posted photos of her adventures in different cities along the way.

The two agreed to meet up at the Cancun airport on April 15, but Chen never showed up. The last time family and friends heard from her was 4 days earlier.

On Friday, he's planning to head back to Mexico to try to retrace his wife's steps.

He's remains hopeful she will be found, but he fears something horrible may have happened to her.

She was scheduled to be back in Seattle on July 5.

http://komonews.com/news/local/seatt...trip-to-mexico

Previous Thread - #3

from Post #1258 of Thread #3
I didn't know that! Was it reported in a Chinese publication?

It was in an English language news report, and I believe it may be quoted somewhere in our thread #2. It will be prior to my letter of April 3rd 2017. It stated that the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore helped Jenny's family. If I find it I will link or direct to it here.

I found it, not in Thread #2...

Post #406 of Thread #3

"After many investigation, the Mexican police provided encouraging information to prove that in late May Chen Qun Dan still travel in the south of Mexico more. Know the situation, Chen Qun Dan's family was pleased. The search work of the embassy has also been grateful to the President of the Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and the Chinese Embassy, ​​Ms. Huo Hongmei, for their help."

It is a Google translation...but likely accurate for the Chamber of Commerce in Singapore.

[FONT=&quot]I sent my email to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore because I felt they would have the highest likelihood of being able to read it. There may well be a better recipient for an email in Chinese.[/FONT]

It was in an English language news report, and I believe it may be quoted somewhere in our thread #2. It will be prior to my letter of April 3rd 2017. It stated that the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore helped Jenny's family. If I find it I will link or direct to it here.

Post #406 of Thread #3

"After many investigation, the Mexican police provided encouraging information to prove that in late May Chen Qun Dan still travel in the south of Mexico more. Know the situation, Chen Qun Dan's family was pleased. The search work of the embassy has also been grateful to the President of the Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and the Chinese Embassy, ​​Ms. Huo Hongmei, for their help."

It is a Google translation...but likely accurate for the Chamber of Commerce in Singapore.

[FONT=&quot]I sent my email to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore because I felt they would have the highest likelihood of being able to read it. There may well be a better recipient for an email in Chinese.[/FONT]

You know what's odd, though. I put the site through Bing Translator just to see, and this is how it translated the portion you quoted from Google Translate above:

"After much investigation, Mexican Police provided encouraging information and prove that Chen is still in southern Mexico in late May to hitchhiking. After learning of the situation, Chen's family feel gratified. Embassy search also Jin Jiachi Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce in Mexico President and Ms Chung Wah Huo Hongmei's help, here to thank them!"
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...//mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm

I think we need southlanecherry to translate the text for us. Calling out to southlanecherry, are you there? We need you! :)

After 3 complete threads of research, opinions, comments, and review - we are still where we started in thread 1. I will say though, that the indepth thought processes and discussions that have persisted for all threads, even with no real new information has been mature, insightful, well thought out, and thought provoking. I personally have not seen so much really intense and valuable discussion with barely anything to go on anywhere else in WS. Granted, I don't stray too far away from MP cases so I may be missing a lot elsewhere, but I appreciate the logical thinking on this case.

You know what's odd, though. I put the site through Bing Translator just to see, and this is how it translated the portion you quoted from Google Translate above:

"After much investigation, Mexican Police provided encouraging information and prove that Chen is still in southern Mexico in late May to hitchhiking. After learning of the situation, Chen's family feel gratified. Embassy search also Jin Jiachi Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce in Mexico President and Ms Chung Wah Huo Hongmei's help, here to thank them!"
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...//mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm

I think we need southlanecherry to translate the text for us. Calling out to southlanecherry, are you there? We need you! :)

The Google translation reads more coherently than does the Bing, but that doesn’t mean it is correct. It would be great if southlanecherry could make a translation for us.

After 3 complete threads of research, opinions, comments, and review - we are still where we started in thread 1. I will say though, that the indepth thought processes and discussions that have persisted for all threads, even with no real new information has been mature, insightful, well thought out, and thought provoking. I personally have not seen so much really intense and valuable discussion with barely anything to go on anywhere else in WS. Granted, I don't stray too far away from MP cases so I may be missing a lot elsewhere, but I appreciate the logical thinking on this case.

Agreed. However this case turns out, and even if it never finds closure, it is a learning experience; maybe to pay off down the road on another case.

使馆的搜寻工作也得到了墨西哥温州商会金加池会长和中华会馆霍红梅女士的大力协助,在此向他们表示感谢!

This is the sentence in question. I've used a few online translators and gotten a different result from each! Google's has seemed the most coherent.

使馆的搜寻工作也得到了墨西哥温州商会金加池会长和中华会馆霍红梅女士的大力协助,在此向他们表示感谢!

This is the sentence in question. I've used a few online translators and gotten a different result from each! Google's has seemed the most coherent.

It says...."The search work of the embassy has also been grateful to the President of the Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and the Chinese Embassy, ​​Ms. Huo Hongmei, for their help."

I've been asked to bring over my post from shortly before the door slammed on thread #3...as follows:

I've been perusing previous threads. I'm working on a Media Thread with links to MSM and SM...I'm tired of digging for stuff. So far, from thread #1 I've got MSM stories and important SM posts from HFJ and Jenny's Weibo. It's labor intensive and probably an exercise in futility, but hey, what else do I have to do! Plenty! But sometimes I'm like a dog with a bone. I'll start the thread and post the thread #1 stuff within a few days. I don't think threads #2 and 3 will have quite as much stuff, so maybe I can get those done soonish too...or maybe not. If anyone has requests or specific suggestions, let me know.

ANYWAY...on thread #2 I ran across this post of Kaboom's from 7/5/16 that summarizes the whole case up to that point. The time since then has been wash, rinse, repeat. Maybe we can just go with this and skip the Media Thread! :D This illustrates perfectly why our heads are spinning and we have whiplash. The recent cycle of "the suspect has disappeared bad news but Jenny has been sighted good news" is more of the same.

Thanks, Kaboom! Great post! Still relevant a year later....

"The good news bad news cycle continues. Remember a month ago when JR said they were just about ready to wrap the case up?

So to recap what has happened so far:

Good news: PI found witnesses to which way Jenny was headed.
Bad news: JR suspects Jenny was picked up human traffickers.
Good news: JR is offline waiting for some good news.
Bad news: No action from Chinese or US governments.
Good news: JR's investigators heading to Oaxaca to continue the search.
Bad news: JR found out the Oaxaca Police have done nothing.
Good news: JR heading to Mexico, to nail down the new leads.
Bad news: Corona won’t cooperate with name of driver.
Good news: Corona has finally responded, and promised information soon.
Bad news: JR has no more money to pay to pay the PI. Needs more donations.
Good news: The private investigator believes they are very close to finding Jenny.
Bad news: More stall tactics from Corona. JR needs help to turn up the heat on them.
Good news: Corona is showing some effort. JR hopes we have some positive results soon.
Bad news: Corona and the Oaxaca police are playing games.
Good news: Corona is helping with the investigation, and JR is pleased for their assistance.
Bad news: Corona is not giving JR access to the driver.
Good news: JR hired the best lawyers.
Bad news: JR is running out of money. Needs more donations.
Good news JR’s meeting with Corona was very productive.
Bad news: Police are stonewalling. Have to move the case to a new prosecutor
Good news the "Special Elite Task force” is now on the job.
Bad news: Everything is on hold because of a teacher’s strike.
Good news: JR has been promised that the case will speed up."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post12673243

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-3&p=13633789#post13633789

It says...."The search work of the embassy has also been grateful to the President of the Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and the Chinese Embassy, ​​Ms. Huo Hongmei, for their help."

Here's what I got from three sites. No mention of Singapore.

The search work of Embassy also obtained Wenzhou Chamber of commerce
President King Chi and vigorous assistance of Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association Mrs Hugo Hongmei, here expressed gratitude to them

http://www.systranet.com/translate/

The search Embassy has been ably assisted by the Mexican president of Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce gold plus pools and Ms. Chung Wah Huo Hongmei, and to thank them here!

http://www.etranslator.ro/chinese-english-online-translation.php

The embassy search work also obtained Mexican Wenzhou Chamber of commerce Jin Jiachi the association president and Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association Ms. Huo's the hungmuy tea vigorously assistance, expresses thanks in this to them!

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

I read/write Chinese. If needed I can translate for you. However, I do not recall reading about the family getting help from Chamber of Commerce in Singapore. Am I missing something?

That part of message that you translated in Google have been translated by me and posted in Thread 3 somewhere. I have dug it up and reposted here as follows:

此外,使馆还出资聘请了西语翻译,陪同陈某的父母在各地活动。经过多方排查,墨警方提供了令人鼓舞的信息, 证明5月下旬陈某仍然在墨南部多地搭车旅行。得知情况后,陈某的家人倍感欣慰。使馆的搜寻工作也得到了墨西 哥温州商会金加池会长和中华会馆霍红梅女士的大力协助,在此向他们表示感谢!

Translation: In addition, the embassy hired Spanish translators and accompanied Chen's parents to various regions. After conducting multiple investigations, the Mexican Police provided encouraging news, attesting that Chen was still hitchhiking in southern Mexico in late May. After receiving the news, Chen's parents were very happy and relieved. The search was assisted by Chairman Jia Chi Jin of Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce of Mexico and Chairman Hong Mei Huo from MexChina. The embassy would like to express their sincere gratitude towards them.

Unless you are translating from another article, the organization mentioned was Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce of Mexico. Chinese Camber of Commerce in Singapore is an organization in Singapore. Why would they be involved in a case in Mexico?

Post #406 of Thread #3

[FONT=&amp]I sent my email to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore because I felt they would have the highest likelihood of being able to read it. There may well be a better recipient for an email in Chinese.[/FONT]

Okay the problem with google translate is they cannot detect the name of a person. The sequence of the Chinese text is "Mexico Wenzhou Commerce Chamber Jin Jia Chi Chairman"... to an auto translator, this sentence is bound to mess up and come up with weird stuff, because Jin Jia Chi sounds kind of like Singapore in Chinese which is Xin Jia Po.

I hope this clears things up. Singapore has nothing to do with it, people!

I read/write Chinese. If needed I can translate for you. However, I do not recall reading about the family getting help from Chamber of Commerce in Singapore. Am I missing something?

That part of message that you translated in Google have been translated by me and posted in Thread 3 somewhere. I have dug it up and reposted here as follows:

此外,使馆还出资聘请了西语翻译,陪同陈某的父母在各地活动。经过多方排查,墨警方提供了令人鼓舞的信息, 证明5月下旬陈某仍然在墨南部多地搭车旅行。得知情况后,陈某的家人倍感欣慰。使馆的搜寻工作也得到了墨西 哥温州商会金加池会长和中华会馆霍红梅女士的大力协助,在此向他们表示感谢!

Translation: In addition, the embassy hired Spanish translators and accompanied Chen's parents to various regions. After conducting multiple investigations, the Mexican Police provided encouraging news, attesting that Chen was still hitchhiking in southern Mexico in late May. After receiving the news, Chen's parents were very happy and relieved. The search was assisted by Chairman Jia Chi Jin of Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce of Mexico and Chairman Hong Mei Huo from MexChina. The embassy would like to express their sincere gratitude towards them.

Unless you are translating from another article, the organization mentioned was Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce of Mexico. Chinese Camber of Commerce in Singapore is an organization in Singapore. Why would they be involved in a case in Mexico?
Thank you, southlanecherry. Yes, you did just translate this for us here. Thank you for bringing it to the new thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-3&p=13626531#post13626531

Also....
Okay the problem with google translate is they cannot detect the name of a person. The sequence of the Chinese text is "Mexico Wenzhou Commerce Chamber Jin Jia Chi Chairman"... to an auto translator, this sentence is bound to mess up and come up with weird stuff, because Jin Jia Chi sounds kind of like Singapore in Chinese which is Xin Jia Po.

I hope this clears things up. Singapore has nothing to do with it, people!
I would like to reiterate southlanecherry's reminder that the Chinese embassy did not participate in and does not support the search for Jenny in Mexico.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-3&p=13628366#post13628366

According to this page, her husband is offering 50,000 pesos in reward money.

50,000 pesos is $2,726.67

http://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/8660...a-desaparecida

it also goes on to say (through Google translate):

... cameras caught Jenny Chen, at 10:17 am on Monday, April 11 against the Peppa Pig cafe where [she] exchanged words with a man and then continued on his way towards Administrative City on federal highway 190 Christopher Columbus in Tlalixtac jurisdiction of Cabrera.

[Jenny's husband] said the [Chinese] embassy does not support in the search for his wife, because she is in the United States with a permanent visa and despite being married dede ago three years, the procedures of nationalization just 70 percent advance.

The Chinese community in Oaxaca offer 120,000 pesos to support Jonathan on his trip to Mexico (?):
The Chinese community based in Oaxaca ...offered 120 thousand pesos for economic support for the pursuit of his compatriot situation thanked Jonathan Reinharel, and no doubt that the authorities of the Asian country as soon as they hear the news support Chen Qoudan finding, which has already invested $ 200,000, including per diem and private investigations.

It also appears that Jenny decided 3 weeks before the trip to go:
"Three weeks before starting the journey, suddenly he told me to take new decisions in his life had to be herself, and which would travel through Mexico to get to Cuba, stopping at several locations throughout the country, including Cancun them, where would for a few days with me, "explained Jonathan.

First I'm hearing this, she purchased a phone in Mexico but did not give Jonathan the number:
Arriving in Mexican territory, the woman who worked as a cashier and then took a year, bought a cell phone, but did not give the number to her husband and only communicated with him via social networks when found connections Wifi.

Something about a woman selling tamales:
The Chinese reported that traveled to Ocotlan de Morelos to know the life of a woman selling tamales and similarly Capulálpam Mendez was in the Sierra Norte. Meanwhile, the young man who stayed last time Jenny south of the city, said Chen said he decided to move house because the man who gave him asylum, "he said strange things and had very dirty house, even with rats. "
http://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/8660...a-desaparecida.

I would like to reiterate southlanecherry's reminder that the Chinese embassy did not participate in and does not support the search for Jenny in Mexico.

That is incorrect per Chinese media reports.

The Chinese Embassy in Mexico is fully assisting in finding lost friends

According to the Chinese Embassy in Mexico news, since April this year, Wenzhou girl Chen in Mexico tourism loss of the news affects the hearts of the majority of overseas Chinese. The Chinese Embassy in Mexico has attached great importance to the situation, has been closely linked with Chen's family, and the first time to contact the Mexican state government and the police department, informed the situation, urged all around to help find Chen. At the end of May, Chen's parents came to Mexico under the assistance of the embassy. Embassy Yao Fei Counselor and Li Shu consul accompanied them have visited the Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and other state police departments to understand the progress of the search work.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://world.people.com.cn/n1/2016/0610/c1002-28424500.html&prev=search

southlanecherry JUST explained this, AND translated it for us, which is included in BOTH posts, her post and my post.

Can you please quote the specific part of the post where southlanecherry said the Chinese embassy did not participate in and does not support the search for Jenny in Mexico. I'm missing it.

GigTu, I was pointing out that Singapore is not involved in this case, because a member here wrote a letter to the Chinese Commerce Chamber of Singapore. I believe it was a mistake because the said member used google to translate the Chinese article and the translation was wrong which led him to believe Singapore was involved.

Chinese embassy, however, is involved in this case, at least their political stance is to support the search of Jenny, they even went far and beyond by taking everything that Mexican police said for granted. (smirk)

southlanecherry JUST explained this, AND translated it for us, which is included in BOTH posts, her post and my post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back