Time for Websleuths Members and Guests to Get Up From the Computer and Write this Boy

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
To Everyone Reading This Post.

Jackson Bezzard is picked on constantly because he has Treacher Collins Syndrome.

He is talking suicide. He is 8 years old in a few days. From the article:

My heart is in pieces right now...my soul feels like it's ripping from my chest...this beautiful young man my son Jackson has to endure a constant barrage of derogatory comments and ignorance like I've never witnessed. He is called ugly and freak and monster on a daily basis by his peers at school. He talks about suicide...he's not quite 8! He says he has no friends and everyone hates him. Kids throw rocks at him and push him shouting these horrific words...

http://ktla.com/2017/09/18/dad-behi...er-son-is-bullied-called-a-monster-at-school/

Come on.... we can send this kid THOUSANDS of cards if people who are members or visit Websleuths will do this one small thing.

Cards for Jackson Bezzant can be sent to P.O. Box 1563 Idaho Falls, ID 83403.

Attachments

• Jackson Bezzant.jpg
    Jackson Bezzant.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 125
  • Address to Bezzant.jpg
    Address to Bezzant.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 86
This is beyond disturbing and disgusting. The individuals who are saying awful things like that to this boy need to go look in the mirror first before they call him ugly.

The true ugliness is in the hearts of those pathetic people who would show such cruelty to a child

I will be way more than HAPPY to send this precious child a card!! Thanks so much for allowing us to help!

oh no poor guy
and his mama must be so worried
the cards would help show her support too

I am so happy for the outpouring of love & support for this adorable little boy.....
I was in tears reading this article......

“Several parents have contacted me and said their children want to be friends with Jackson. Some older boys want to pal around with him and make sure he’s protected. It’s pretty surreal,” Bezzant says."

"Bezzant wants to make it clear that Jackson’s school is doing a good job at preventing bullying, and he doesn’t place any blame on teachers or administrators."

"He says it’s parents of other children who need to teach their kids to be kind and accepting."

“I want parents to see my post and feel my heartbreak. This could be any kid anywhere,” Bezzant says. “Please educate your children and let them know that bullying is not OK.”

"Bezzant doesn’t plan to tell Jackson about the Facebook post and wasn’t expecting it to be so popular. Folks have offered money and gifts, which the family is declining, and Bezzant has set up a P.O. box for people wanting to send Jackson cards."

"BEzzant says he’s also learned about two other children in east Idaho with Treachers Collins syndrome, and they plan to meet for a playgroup and lunch soon."

“I didn’t think a simple Facebook post would get this big. I just hope this helps,” Bezzant says. “Jackson may not look like your ‘normal’ kid, but he is such a good boy and he’s got a huge heart. That’s what matters.”

"Cards for Jackson Bezzant can be sent to P.O. Box 1563 Idaho Falls, ID 83403."

Card ready to go out in the mail tomorrow (Sept 20, 2017). Such a special, precious child!

Poor kid. I hate bullies. I was the kid in school who ran interference when this crap was going on. I walked alot of kids home. I threatened the bullies. They knew I meant business.
I will send a card out in the morning.

My young daughter and I each made him cards and will send them out in the morning. I hope he gets a ton of support. I know he will. No one deserves to go through bullying.

I'd be more than happy to send his school a note asking why they are letting this child be bullied at school!! If this child is getting bullied then obviously the school doesn't have the zero tolerance for bullying as their top priority! I'm sick to my stomach over this!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Me, my kids, my mentally handicapped aunt are making cards and will see them tomorrow!

I am an educator. I do believe it is a school issue and a home issue. From my humble perspective, there needs to be a better school response if an aide heard about this in the lunch room, I would bet my lunch money that it is happening in the halls, the bathrooms, the bus. Teachers can do a lot to help model how to talk about his syndrome and the differences and sameness that we all have. The school counselor and psychologist should be on this like there is nothing else to do but create a plan for the education of all in the building.

I had an accident that caused disfiguration when I was 15. I know the horror of having a person look at you and say horrible things. His parents and all adults in those situations should model how he can address this situations in the present and in his future when he is out in the world on his own.

I have written a card but also want the school and adults in his life to step and lead to fight the ignorance of others.

I am an educator. I do believe it is a school issue and a home issue. From my humble perspective, there needs to be a better school response if an aide heard about this in the lunch room, I would bet my lunch money that it is happening in the halls, the bathrooms, the bus. Teachers can do a lot to help model how to talk about his syndrome and the differences and sameness that we all have. The school counselor and psychologist should be on this like there is nothing else to do but create a plan for the education of all in the building.

I had an accident that caused disfiguration when I was 15. I know the horror of having a person look at you and say horrible things. His parents and all adults in those situations should model how he can address this situations in the present and in his future when he is out in the world on his own.

I have written a card but also want the school and adults in his life to step and lead to fight the ignorance of others.
Agree! Well said!

I hope Jackson wants to be my friend because I would love nothing more than to be his friend. :loveyou:

I always say, "hurt people, hurt people". People who bully do so because they don't like themselves and they want others to be as miserable as they are. I know it might not make it hurt any less, but perhaps their is some comfort in knowing the bullies actions are a reflection about how they feel about themself.

I will definitely be sending Jackson a card within the next few days.

Picture card and simple letter sent to him from 4,500 miles away :uk:

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump.

Bump

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member