Dad Terrorizes Daughter While Wearing a Clown Mask Winds Up in Jail

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up. This story comes from Cleveland OH

Vernon Barrett Jr., was arrested this weekend after police say he wore an orange and tan clown mask and chased the girl from their apartment on Aravesta Avenue in Boardman to an apartment on Lemans Drive on Saturday evening.

http://fox8.com/2017/09/18/father-c...th-clown-mask-i-didnt-mean-for-this-to-happen

Get this. The mother of this precious little girl is in PRISON for CHILD ABUSE.

I truly hope they take this child away from these monsters.

Ugh. Her mother is indeed in jail for allegedly breaking the child's ribs and "stepping on her."

The dad is due in court Tuesday morning.

http://wkbn.com/2017/09/17/boardman-man-dresses-as-clown-to-scare-daughter-gunshot-is-fired/

More from the link:

"Dion Santiago, a member of the family, told police he looked out the window and saw Barrett Jr., still wearing the mask, standing outside of the building.

"The report said Santiago fired his gun toward the yard of the building next door to scare him off, but Barrett Jr. was not hit by the gunshot.

"Officers went inside the building and another family member brought out the young girl, who told the officers she was being chased, the report said.

"An officer tried to explain that the man was her father, but the girl still ran and hid in the back bedroom, the report said."

[emoji202]MOO

God. I hope she can find a safe home. Poor little girl. Already had a hard life and dad's making it worse.

Yeah, this child needs to get away from all of them. Praying she finds safety and security soon — and adults who nurture her.

She was placed with the alleged abuser's girlfriend?!

http://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/index.ssf/2017/09/ohio_man_charged_after_scaring.html

From the link:

"The young girl was apparently so frightened by the mask that she fled to a nearby car and jumped inside, where she told a woman in the car she was being chased by a clown. Barrett arrived at the car and removed the girl from inside, while still wearing the mask.

"The woman in the car called police, but before they arrived, the girl ran away from her dad again and to a neighbor's apartment.

"The girl was placed in the custody of Barrett's girlfriend."

[emoji202]MOO

this poor girl is going to have nightmares for life
not to mention PTSD from being tortured by her 'mother'
neither should be parents

From above link:

[FONT=&quot]"Barrett said due to this he cannot discipline his daughter and reported they have been having behavior problems with J.B. at school and home," read a portion of the police report. "Barrett said that he decided to use the clown mask into scaring her to behave" but that the 'prank' got out of hand."

Apparently this is his version of parenting...Can't physically abuse her, so might as well psychologically terrorize her. =([/FONT]

Gross. Just gross. Terrorizing a child, chasing her, pulling her from a car as she's screaming, chasing her to an apartment ... dude just kept going. Guhhhh. 🤢🤡[emoji90][emoji35]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-with-inducing-panic/?utm_term=.6943a7d646f5

From WaPo:

Santiago, meanwhile, defended his actions to police, saying he was with his family when the 6-year-old burst into their apartment and startled them.

“Santiago’s son [redacted] spoke to officers and provided a written statement and said due to the news and Internet coverage of people dressed as clowns chasing people he got nervous and scared when he looked outside the window and saw a man with a clown mask on,” the police report stated.

[emoji202]MOO

Neither of them are capable of being parents. The child still hasn't been placed with anyone who can raise her properly. The father's girlfriend will just give her straight back to "daddy" when he comes back home from prison. Ugh! The poor sweet child, what sort of a future does she have. MOO

Neither of them are capable of being parents. The child still hasn't been placed with anyone who can raise her properly. The father's girlfriend will just give her straight back to "daddy" when he comes back home from prison. Ugh! The poor sweet child, what sort of a future does she have. MOO

Yep. I hope he stays in jail for now. He has a court hearing tomorrow morning. I hope we'll know more then

[emoji202]MOO

Disgusting. My 7th day adventist stepmother used to take pictures off the wall in my bedroom and place in in various other spots in my room when I was very little and try to convince me that "demons" did it, and that because I "attracted" demons, I would never be in heaven, and that God didn't love me. Her sister would tell her kids "not to get attached to me" because my Dad didn't attend their church, and I would not "be in heaven". When she told me she was planning to throw me down the garbage incinerator of the apartment where we lived, that was okey-dokey with the authorities, because she never made good on her threat! This crap started when I was about two years old, and her whole family and church supported her. Is there a name for this kind of abuse?

Indeed. Also, when this creep gets out of prison, he will, once again, have primary legal custody. It's actually rather unusual that a parent who does this kind of stuff even faced sanctions of any kind for it.

Disgusting. My 7th day adventist stepmother used to take pictures off the wall in my bedroom and place in in various other spots in my room when I was very little and try to convince me that "demons" did it, and that because I "attracted" demons, I would never be in heaven, and that God didn't love me. Her sister would tell her kids "not to get attached to me" because my Dad didn't attend their church, and I would not "be in heaven". When she told me she was planning to throw me down the garbage incinerator of the apartment where we lived, that was okey-dokey with the authorities, because she never made good on her threat! This crap started when I was about two years old, and her whole family and church supported her. Is there a name for this kind of abuse?

That's sick. I'm so sorry you had to suffer at the hands of people who were supposed to love and nurture you.

There is a name for what your stepmother did. It's psychological/emotional abuse. I'm sorry this happened to you. What a horrible thing to do to a child!

[emoji202]MOO

What a total *advertiser censored* wipe!

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Both parents are abusive. Isnt there a normal family member who could step in and get custody?

I hate to be nit-picky, but this isn't anywhere near Cleveland. Boardman is by Youngstown, which is about an hour and a half/80 miles southeast of Cleveland.

Of course no matter where he's from, this 'clown' (har har) is cleary unfit to be around children, and I hope the little girl will get a chance to grow up peacefully in a healthy environment... with all the publicity this has been getting, I hope she stands a much better chance to be kept away from him.

Is there a name for this kind of abuse?

There's a book called "Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Abuse" that has information on the types of abuse and the types of people who abuse their own children in this way. It saved my life.
You didn't deserve that. No child does.
I hope you find healing!:grouphug:[h=2][/h]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane