1174 users online (216 members and 958 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Is there a typo in the first post? She "Arrived for work at Shore Drive ,.... nor attend classes...."

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    The younger Billie was last seen at her apartment building Ė Midtown at Town Center on Bonnie Road Ė at about 4 a.m. Monday, police said. She lives there with three roommates, according to her mother.

She drove up to a gate at Little Creek, where a guard checked her ID at 4:56 a.m., Brandy Billie said. She would normally get to the sub shop at about 6 or 6:30 a.m. when she was scheduled to open, her mother said.

The car was seen leaving the base about a half-hour later, but investigators could not determine who was in it, or how many people, the elder Billie said.
    <snipped> https://www.stripes.com/news/us/fami...7#.WciNedQrIrg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did it take her more than an hour to get to work once she checked in at the gate? Then, her car was seen leaving the base a Ĺ hour later. Cars don't have to check at the gate when exiting the base, is that right?
    First post from a longtime lurker here. I'm from VB and my retired military dad is currently a student in the same culinary program and has seen her around a few times. This is all so sad. I'm very familiar with all the Hampton Roads bases. Unfortunately, no they do not check cars or ids on the way out.

I can't help but think that someone on that base has something to do with her disappearance. Possibly a DOD employee or service member. She is a very pretty girl. I'm sure she was noticed by more than a few while on base.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith257 View Post
    First post from a longtime lurker here. I'm from VB and my retired military dad is currently a student in the same culinary program and has seen her around a few times. This is all so sad. I'm very familiar with all the Hampton Roads bases. Unfortunately, no they do not check cars or ids on the way out.
    Welcome Faith257.

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    Welcome Faith257.

FBI offering 10K for info: http://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/arti.../291-478374578

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I can't help but think that someone on that base has something to do with her disappearance. Possibly a DOD employee or service member. She is a very pretty girl. I'm sure she was noticed by more than a few while on base.
    If the times that have been reported of her leaving home, arriving on base and arriving at work are accurate, that leaves a lot of spare time before reporting to work. Did she maybe exercise somewhere in the AM, like at a gym on base? Are there any outdoor rec areas on base? Or, maybe she met up with someone. My hope is she wanted a break and decided to disappear with someone, and ditched her cell phone so she can't be traced. That is my hope because the alternative isn't good.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

A press briefing was scheduled this afternoon. Did anyone see it? I can't find the actual briefing online.
    https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field...ashanti-billie

Maybe they only announced the reward.

From your link, Dalagali:
    Congressman Scott Taylor spoke with the Billie family Monday morning. Taylor said, "Understandably they're a little upset with sort of the progress of what's happening to find their daughter."

He also said,"listening to them I think that there perhaps were some mistakes made in protocol... I don't know that for sure yet. I don't want to disparage anybody, but we're going to make some calls to everything from the feds all of the way down to local level and in my office, all resources all hands are on deck."
    Last edited by Indy Anna; 09-25-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: changed word
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Having held jobs that required me to go in before dawn the last thing one normally does is go in an hour or more early. She arrived at the base almost 90 minutes before work started. Hopefully, the phone will provide some clues. Did she have a friend on base she was going to meet before work - did she go to a gym there? There might be info on the phone.
    Last edited by GraceG; 09-25-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: comma in middle of a word

It doesn't say if anyone else was working at the sub shop that morning. Her car was seen leaving the base. Wondering if there was a car following hers? Hoping she is taking a break somewhere. Seems to me a lot of pressure on her with school and a 4:30 am start time for work.

I wonder if the guards at the gate have to actually scan her ID when she goes on base. We're military (Coast Guard) and my son is in Security Forces at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. They will actually scan the drivers military ID when we go on to our local Navy base here in CT and they scan our ID's at Langley. I would imagine that whoever was working the gate scanned her ID so they would know exactly when she came through that gate. It's weird that she got there so early ahead of her work schedule. An idea that we could consider is that maybe someone was in the car with her when she came on base. Did any of her room mates see her leave in the morning for work? Could she have maybe not been alone? Maybe someone stayed the night and she was returning them back to base early so they could report to work on time also. Just a random thought or idea.

Yes they actually scan them at little creek too. (I live in Hampton and go to Langley AFB too even though my husband is navy and works in Norfolk.) When they scan your ID the pic is supposed to come up on the scanner with all info and it will alert if itís expired or what not. Iím sure the ID scan time is accurate.

I believe this Blimpie Sub shop just opened on August 23 (according to a FB post anyways). They only reason I can imagine her getting there that early is because of traffic. My husband usually leaves at 5:15 to get to base in Norfolk but he doesnít have to be in at work til 6:30 or so. Traffic is horrible in this area, especially getting on base early.

Also, sometimes the guards will scan each persons ID or request to look at an ID if they donít have a military ID. Sometimes when we go they request both my husbands and mine (if I am sitting in the front seat), sometimes they donít. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagali View Post
    FBI offering 10K for info: http://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/arti.../291-478374578

This gives me pause. Why such quick involvement? She's of age, and there doesn't appear to be any evidence of a kidnapping across state lines. The linked article also mentions NCIS and a Congressman. Is it because she was last seen on base?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flute4peace View Post
    This gives me pause. Why such quick involvement? She's of age, and there doesn't appear to be any evidence of a kidnapping across state lines. The linked article also mentions NCIS and a Congressman. Is it because she was last seen on base?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
    Yes any involvement in/of crime on base is handled by NCIS and if needed turned over to local authorities

Quote Originally Posted by CatchingClues View Post
    It doesn't say if anyone else was working at the sub shop that morning. Her car was seen leaving the base. Wondering if there was a car following hers? Hoping she is taking a break somewhere. Seems to me a lot of pressure on her with school and a 4:30 am start time for work.
    Per an earlier article, Ashanti was opening the store that day. Another employee showed up around 9:00 am? (not sure if this is correct) and she wasn't there. I assume AB was scheduled to work alone until the next shift arrived. They wouldn't have much business until around noon, IMO. I don't see where they serve breakfast foods, but the opener would likely set up for lunch time and prepare catering orders.

When Andrew Estrada got to work Monday at a Blimpie sub shop at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, he was surprised to find no one there.

Ashanti Billie was scheduled to open that morning. The 19-year-old assistant manager is reliable and never late, Estrada said. She should have been there hours earlier.

[...]

That was sometime after 9 a.m. Monday.
    <snipped>
    https://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...5617a583e.html

No hours are listed for this Blimpie store.
    https://www.blimpie.com/stores/12268...19063069999999

I wonder if she was carjacked when she arrived at work and was getting out of her car.
    - Henry David Thoreau

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast