NE - James Womack, 32, killed in Omaha road rage incident, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Snick1946

Reaction score
http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/man...cle_d7a0e520-9cba-11e7-b24e-fb79f3d161d9.html

This happened yesterday and the shooter is still at large.
The victim made the mistake of leaving his vehicle and confronting ther other driver, was shot three times in the back while returning to his truck.

Local media has not mentioned it but I have to wonder if there was a racial motive. The victim is African American and it sounds as if the shooter is white.

No matter how angry you are, stay in your car. Get away from anyone acting crazy in traffic. As we have seen, there are too many people out there who are devoid of conscience and common sense.

One poster on the newspaper's site said he thought the license plate was from Wyoming. Today's print edition had one small out of focus photo. I am getting nagging feeling that this one may not be solved.

A little taken back at the lack of comments on this, but too many other things are going on I guess.

Anyone remember the young man that was terrorized in a road rage incident at night a few years back. He was calling 911 but the truck kept following him. He was shot to death. I don't think the killer was ever caught. I can't remember what state or year, just that he was 20 something, and he was scared. Broke my damned heart.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Anyone remember the young man that was terrorized in a road rage incident at night a few years back. He was calling 911 but the truck kept following him. He was shot to death. I don't think the killer was ever caught. I can't remember what state or year, just that he was 20 something, and he was scared. Broke my damned heart.

I believe it was Timothy “Asti” Davison of Maine but he was shot in Pennsylvania. I didn't know that they actually found his killer and he's been charged. http://www.pressherald.com/2015/09/21/killer-of-maine-man-on-i-81-identified-family-says/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Finding the truck increases greatly the chances of catching this guy. I wonder if it was stolen or 'borrowed' from someone.

What a stupid thing to do. If he'd have just let this guy alone, today Mr Womak would still be alive and this unknown guy would have been getting on with his life while griping about the guy who chewed him out in traffic.

Per article in first post - James Womack served 3 tours in Iraq and had 3 children.

Not that that makes this any worse than if had he been penniless, childless, etc. This just should NOT happen to ANYONE.

Peace and love to this man's family. This is one you can never make sense of IMO.

Finding the truck increases greatly the chances of catching this guy. I wonder if it was stolen or 'borrowed' from someone.

I am guessing that it could well have been borrowed. The probable first instinct of a driver / owner from out of state would be to leave the area in the truck and try to return home.

Yet, this driver abandons the truck (presumably his only means of rapidly leaving the area). This could imply that his is already "home" in the sense that he is local and the truck is not his property.

Local media has not mentioned it but I have to wonder if there was a racial motive. The victim is African American and it sounds as if the shooter is white.

Where is the race of the shooter inferred in the article? Wyoming is largely white, but also has a large native American population and a growing number of Hispanics.

Where is the race of the shooter inferred in the article? Wyoming is largely white, but also has a large native American population and a growing number of Hispanics.

You are correct, Eyewitness were not specific, it apparently went down so fast. My reasoning is that in a predominately White neighborhood, those witnesses might have picked up more on it being a non White shooter. Before this goes off the rails, this was pure speculation on my part

This happened in Phoenix Arizona in September 2016. A woman called 911 because she was being chased by three men in a white pickup truck. It resulted in her crashing her vehicle and dying. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/woman-asked-911-for-help-as-was-chased-on-phoenix-freeway.html

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Wow, thanks for that, but the one I remember was definitely a young man on his way home from college I think. Scary how often this happens. I tell my husband and grown kids never to beep or flip the bird at anyone while driving. There are some real psychos with low tolerance out there.

Per article in first post - James Womack served 3 tours in Iraq and had 3 children.

Not that that makes this any worse than if had he been penniless, childless, etc. This just should NOT happen to ANYONE.

Peace and love to this man's family. This is one you can never make sense of IMO.
Yes I agree. But it does add that extra dash of sadness to know he served in the armed forces to protect us all, then this senseless way to die.

Something occurred to me today. Could the victim have seen something or someone in that car that made it seem necessary to be sure he never passed on what he saw?

No real news here on this. Not real hopeful this gets solved.

Can someone provide a link for the pick-up being found.

Can someone provide a link for the pick-up being found.

I think the media may have gotten ahead of itself. In the link provided by post #6, which I had originally read the day it was posted, it was linked to a completely different article that made it sound like the physical truck had been located.

This is currently what I can find:

truck info

Which makes it sound like they have identified the truck by sight only, but don't have it in their physical possession and still need the public's help finding it.

HTHs and if anybody else has a different take please share!

One poster on the newspaper's site said he thought the license plate was from Wyoming. Today's print edition had one small out of focus photo. I am getting nagging feeling that this one may not be solved.

A little taken back at the lack of comments on this, but too many other things are going on I guess.
I think there is definitely hope this can be solved. They have a picture of the suspect vehicle and a number of witnesses that saw it happen. The article also said that a metro bus may have video of what happened.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back