FL- Navy hospital staffers fired for behavior w newborns, Jax, 19 Sep 2017

Neither of these girls were nurses, they are basically aides in the Navy and don't have any medical training or licenses.

WHERE were the other employees? I've been an RN for over 30 years; I would never have allowed this to happen! And they FILMED IT???

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

this is just... I don't even know. they wont remember this at all and they weren't hurt, but these women were in a helping profession, why? why treat brand new ppl w such distaste? rhetorical question, as I know parents treat their own brand new ppl w hate sometimes. I just cant even most days. sigh. smh.

These people are NOT NURSES!

Could a mod change the title of this thread please?

http://theprovince.com/news/world/d...tans/wcm/c28ed7aa-7c4f-4d74-803b-f24f1ef15d0d

In a statement Tuesday, Navy Surgeon Gen. Vice Adm. Forrest Faison said that he has ordered commanding officers to make sure no photos of patients remain on social media and to personally reassure all mothers planning to deliver at Navy facilities. He is also prohibiting employees from using personal cell phones at patient-care areas.

Um, no disrespect sir, but I think most people are much more concerned about how the babies were being treated?

WHERE were the other employees? I've been an RN for over 30 years; I would never have allowed this to happen! And they FILMED IT???

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

That's my question. How were these untrained, non-nurses allowed to be alone with newborns for such a long period that they felt comfortable playing rap music and making them "dance"? Who was in charge?

http://theprovince.com/news/world/d...tans/wcm/c28ed7aa-7c4f-4d74-803b-f24f1ef15d0d

Um, no disrespect sir, but I think most people are much more concerned about how the babies were being treated?

Exactly. Wth! The main issue isn't that they were filmed. It's what these creeps were doing to innocent newborns while the camera rolled. What do they feel comfortable doing when the camera is off? Mini satans? How can innocent newborns be satanic?

this is just... I don't even know. they wont remember this at all and they weren't hurt, but these women were in a helping profession, why? why treat brand new ppl w such distaste? rhetorical question, as I know parents treat their own brand new ppl w hate sometimes. I just cant even most days. sigh. smh.

This is their introduction to the world. They just came from their comfortable cocoon and were thrust into a bright, noisy and odd world where they alternately feel too still and then sudden, random movements. Newborns need quiet and cuddles and comfort. These babies were assaulted with rap music, stripped of their swaddling and forced to "dance" under bright lights, and I see no head support in the photo.

There may may not be lasting physical damage but I think they were damaged. To treat fragile, utterly dependent newborns in such an ugly, unfeeling manner is assault. They are pure feeling. Poor little lambs.

I hope those nasty women are charged.

I'm sorry I misunderstood and thought these women were neonatal nurses. Thank you for correcting.

These women were responsible for taking care of newborns, though. The one woman mishandled an infant. Someone working with infants should know how to handle a newborn. The other woman showed contempt for a newborn in her care. If that's how she feels about those babies, how can she be trusted not to abuse them?

I just hope they don't remember :*(

This is their introduction to the world. They just came from their comfortable cocoon and were thrust into a bright, noisy and odd world where they alternately feel too still and then sudden, random movements. Newborns need quiet and cuddles and comfort. These babies were assaulted with rap music, stripped of their swaddling and forced to "dance" under bright lights, and I see no head support in the photo.

There may may not be lasting physical damage but I think they were damaged. To treat fragile, utterly dependent newborns in such an ugly, unfeeling manner is assault. They are pure feeling. Poor little lambs.

I hope those nasty women are charged.

I'm sorry I misunderstood and thought these women were neonatal nurses. Thank you for correcting.

These women were responsible for taking care of newborns, though. The one woman mishandled an infant. Someone working with infants should know how to handle a newborn. The other woman showed contempt for a newborn in her care. If that's how she feels about those babies, how can she be trusted not to abuse them?

I read somewhere that I can;t find now that one of the women was pressing on the baby's soft spot too in a photo. If this is what they publish on social media, God knows what they were doing to those babies that they didn't publicize.

If one of these babies was mine I would demand a full body scan and brain scan to make sure there aren't broken bones or brain bleeds or anything. And I don't think that's hysterical. God knows what these freaks did to those babies.

I just hope they don't remember :*(

I don;t think they have the brain capacity to remember but trauma, even slight trauma, can affect their development/psychology, I think.

:grouphug:

for the babies & their families & the rest of the hospital staff!

Those poor babies, how can people hate newborns? I hope the parents sue the hospital and win every dime! No excuse for this behavior at all.Hope these women were discharged from military.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back