637 users online (77 members and 560 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JenaTaoson
    I'm going to wait until after today's testimony from defense expert. Just so I can get a clearer idea of which cell towers are used. I have the first two towers so far for Holly that morning.
    I was going to suggest that - as I do believe with all those maps JA made there had to be an expert coming to testify on their side - and she did say - when questioning Dikas that he was coming. Thanks for your help!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Seniors or gotten into this case? I am not a senior.
    A "senior" is fifteen years older than me!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Emi is offline CSKA sofia fan!!! Amanda Knox supporter!! Justice for Sierra LaMar!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by turaj View Post
    i guess I will have to re listen to Dicus because I thought they at least did some follow up on them early on...I mean everyone said oh look at Zack et al. Is that not what happened?
    Yes - I think people were saying look at ZA, et al. Dicus did look and believed their alibis. So by believing them he thought there was no reason to look further - so would have had no reason to look at their texts, etc. Isn't this what Boone said was where TBI messed up early in the case
    Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    All posts by me reflect my opinion only and are not a statement of facts unless a source is provided. I am doing the best I can with the information available and my opinion is subject to change without notice.
    I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by turaj View Post
    i guess I will have to re listen to Dicus because I thought they at least did some follow up on them early on...I mean everyone said oh look at Zack et al. Is that not what happened?
    IIRC the TBI guy stated the 3 alibi themselves and he took their word. Did not validate what they said.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    IIRC the TBI guy stated the 3 alibi themselves and he took their word. Did not validate what they said.
    Dicus said he checked Holly's phone pings against one of theirs and at 2 different points in time, they were a couple of miles apart so he ruled out the 'idiots'.

That boiled my blood yesterday when he callously said there was nothing to see there since they all alibi-ed each other. Like these upstanding young gentlemen would always tell the truth and couldn't possibly be involved w/ this. <modsnip>
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 09-20-2017 at 09:53 AM. Reason: sleuthing witnesses is not allowed

JMO
    It sounds like it is wrapping up. I havent been able to follow as closely as I would have liked. I did manage to watch some of the main witnesses and saw enough to be disgusted with the low lifes that took Holly from this world.

I do think LE identified the main circle of people involved and just disappointed in how long it took to get where we are.

With the sloppiness of these criminals I am really surprised they were not arrested and gathered up shortly after she went missing.

What is also bothering me is the use of plea deals in this case. I know plea deals can be an effective tool that LE has but it seems to me that in this case they rotated from one to another as they found out they were all involved one way or another.

This may not be accurate but this is how it came across to me. Summarizing how it felt to me.
    -Hey lets make a plea deal with SA to turn on them. He knows them well and he can be our main guy to help us prosecute.
    Whooooops he may have had more involvement than we thought.
    Lets go back on the deal we made with him.

-Hey lets make a plea deal with the brother. He surely will be able to help us prosecute.
    Whooooops he may have had more involvement than we thought.
    Lets change our mind about that.

-Hey there is JA and he knows them well and we can surely get him to help us prosecute.
    Whooooops he may have had more involvement than we thought. But we have to prosecute someone so lets at least prosecute ZA and use JA.

I know it may not have been this bad but it sure feels like it happened that way.
    I dont mind the use of plea deals as an effective tool but not when it is sloppily used as a crutch. It seems to me that if things were handled better then this case could have been prosecuted better without giving some of the bad guys any favors.

All JMO

Oh well at least someone may finally be held responsible soon. Praying the jury does the right thing.

no one is talking about rebuttal ...but the defense did not raise much new evidence other than could they put someone on to rebut the implications of involvement of Terry Britt?

Hi Hatfield glad your here. Autry has been given limited immunity when his trial comes up. IMO the best he may get is DP off the table.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

In reply to Holly G Lightly: The previous thread had closed by the time I caught up this morning. Dicus' testimony about the behaviorist telling him it was probably one person does not bother me because at that time, they were operating on the theory that this was a normal abduction case. Standard practice becomes the standard based on what is typical. However, this did not turn out to be a typical case. Should they have looked VERY hard at Britt? Of course they should. But, even if you are suspicious of someone's alibis being a little weak, if you can't find any other evidence to implicate them then you should move on. Professional LEOs do this every day.

I heartily disliked former agent Dicus. Not because I think he hates being proved wrong but, because I think his removal from the case and subsequent resignation left him with a lot of bitterness that showed clearly on the stand. And it seemed to me that he was relishing the chance to get in some shots at the institution that found him lacking. I was appalled by his usage of terms like Britt's alibis being "garbage" and something else being "ridiculous". That are opinions, not fact and I think it reflected very poorly on him.

I think at the end of the day, we have to decide whether the evidence tells us that one man became wrongly fixated on Britt or the entire rest of the TBI became wrongly fixated on the A-train. Based on the evidence presented, I think the first option is far more likely.
    We will never forget the missing.

so ZA admits to being involved in the "worst of it"...but he says he did not kill her...so is the "worst of it" rape? For me the killing is the worst.

Hi Hatfield glad your here. Autry has been given limited immunity when his trial comes up. IMO the best he may get is DP off the table.
    Thanks Bravo and that is good. I do remember when he was on the stand and was asked about it. It sounds like he is just hoping they are lenient with him.

It would be hard to be lenient on him after hearing all the things he said happened where he was present. It was hard to handle listening to some of the details he talked about.

Emi is offline CSKA sofia fan!!! Amanda Knox supporter!! Justice for Sierra LaMar!! :)

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast