IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

Dénouement

Reaction score
2400617_630x354.jpg

ROSEMONT, Ill. (WLS) -- A Chicago woman who was reported missing to police was discovered inside a freezer at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont Sunday., Rosemont police said.

The sister of 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins told police that Jenkins was seen leaving her Chicago home at 11:30 p.m. Friday for a party at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 54440 North River Road in Rosemont. The sister said that she had received a text message from Jenkins at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

Witnesses told police Jenkins was seen at a party on the ninth floor of the hotel Friday night and into the early morning on Saturday. Jenkins was reported missing at 1:16 p.m. Saturday.

After being contacted by Rosemont police, the staff of the Crowne Plaza searched the hotel and Jenkins was discovered inside a freezer early Sunday morning. Police said her body was beyond resuscitation and was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://abc7chicago.com/chicago-woman-found-dead-in-freezer-of-rosemont-hotel/2400501/

Thread #1

The Rules in this thread are no different than any other thread.

First of all, there is no official indication that a crime has occurred.

Secondly, unless someone is named a POI or suspect in a case, do not sleuth them. You may only discuss what has been said about them in MSM or by LE. In other words, stop the sleuthing, discussion, aspersions related to the hotel, all law enforcement, and any other individual or entity that has not been officially named as responsible for what happened to Kenneka.

This is not a free-for-all, so leave those type of posts out of this discussion.

Post responsibly folks, or timeouts will be issued. No more warnings.

I deal with security cameras as my workplace. We are told absolutely no one views footage without permission from owner. Your car got hit, someone got your purse out of your car..same answer I'll have to contact the owner and see if I can do that for you.
A couple reasons
1. If you find a crime the cops come record it. then the owner has to show up for court and testify those are his camera at his place of business. Date ,Time, and then we may be sued by someone who thinks we should have been out there guarding their car.
2. Also you don't know if they have gave a truthful reason to view them. Someone hit my car could really be "I think my spouse is cheating and her car was parked here while I was at work" and we don't get involved in that.
Now we have an excellent camera system the officers do come and ask to see if someone drove by out front..such as after maybe a robbery or hit and run...we do always comply with request from them.
But I can see why they told her no.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

Thanks for the information! Both of those reasons make a lot of sense.

Learning a little I think

if on Insta i had an account @tom would anyone be able to start one with that exact name

if you wanted to post on my acct like it was me writing it would you be able to do that ??

are there real safeguards againist people being able to do that??

if on Insta i had an account @tom would anyone be able to start one with that exact name

if you wanted to post on my acct like it was me writing it would you be able to do that ??

No. You can't do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone knew your username and password, they could post on your account

No. Each account name must be unique.

No. Each account name must be unique.

Peroid?

So anything on that account from my account I posted?

also

from boys room

your in that setting

get getting a cocktail for friends or people I am with grab me one when your there fine

if someone comes up to you, that you dont know and tells you to go bring a drink to a stranger would you do it ?

i
some stranger coming up to me and telling me to bring a drink to some person out there in the room that I dont know --

I am not a nasty person but I think my response would be you bring it to the person??????????

Maybe not the exact name but people make spoof accounts all the time with usernames that are very close to fool people.

Someone could make an account named @t0m or @Tom or @_tom and then post a bunch of stuff pretending to be you

IMO, that's one reason we can't discuss social media stuff here.

Anyone can pretend to be anyone else online and screenshots can be faked.

those little men you guys were doing when your walking through the hotel yesterday

there are a heck of a lot of super comfy looking chairs in the hallway where all the conference rooms are

I think if I were having trouble walking i might take a break

at that time of night i certainly would think lighting would mellow

take a load for a minute and see if i could walk without crashing into things

in the hallways off the rooms there is no where to do that but man all those couches and chairs on the other hallway sure do look heavenly

moo

If you made a twitter account, only one Twitter account can be made with that name. Just like on here there can be only one CARIIS.

On Twitter, you can allow people to "Follow" your posts, or you can request to "Follow" other people's posts that you find entertaining or informative.

You can like, and share, other folk's content on their Twitter pages, to your Twitter page. You can only respond to other people's original post. You can't make a post on someone else's Twitter page, as them, though.

I'm not a big Twitter user, so I may have left something out or not explained it very well.

those little men you guys were doing when your walking through the hotel yesterday

there are a heck of a lot of super comfy looking chairs in the hallway where all the conference rooms are

I think if I were having trouble walking i might take a break

at that time of night i certainly would think lighting would mellow

take a load for a minute and see if i could walk without crashing into things

in the hallways off the rooms there is no where to do that but man all those couches and chairs on the other hallway sure do look heavenly

moo

i love you to pieces Cariis (what happened with Rascal - I PMed you about her... glad you are ok) but I am using your post as a vault for something I've been thinking a lot in this case.

I am using this post to gently remind myself that what WE would do in a situation does not mean anyone else would act the same. It's not right or wrong, it's just different. It is hard to imagine all possibilities when our own worldview and mannerisms, and thoughts, and reactions etc. are unique to each of us. So often in cases I see folks assume that because a person didn't do the logical, rational thing (i.e., the right thing, i.e., the thing I would do) then it's wrong, out of place, nefarious, etc. We sometimes have to step back and try not to interject what we'd do or think or surmise in a situation and instead let the known facts speak for themselves.

It is so very hard, but can lead in new directions sometimes IMO.

That said, I probably would not sit but would instead continue to work my way out.

It's not right or wrong, it's just different.

ETA: In fact, I am changing that to my sig line. =)

Peroid?

also

from boys room

your in that setting

get getting a cocktail for friends or people I am with grab me one when your there fine

if someone comes up to you, that you dont know and tells you to go bring a drink to a stranger would you do it ?

i
some stranger coming up to me and telling me to bring a drink to some person out there in the room that I dont know --

I am not a nasty person but I think my response would be you bring it to the person??????????

BBM

Around here, it would be according to the tone. If it were perceived as an order, it likely wouldn't get far. If someone asked, if I'd mind taking a drink to that person over there, I'd probably hand them the drink and say, So and So, sent this to you, and be on my way. That's early 80s me. 2017 me? I'm not so sure that I'd hand a stranger a drink, from someone else who was also a stranger to me. It's called "experience". "Good judgement comes from experience. And experience? Well, that comes from poor judgement." ~ Alan Alexander Milne

Peroid?

also

from boys room

your in that setting

i

Everything on your account would be posted by you unless someone hacked you or you gave them your username and password.

Idk I would bring a stranger a drink. I'm sure I've done it plenty of times. I'm friendly at parties, especially after a few drinks.

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for interrupting your discussion about Kenneka.

Websleuths is in trouble. We have raised almost half of the money needed in our fundraising campaign.

Flat out we need your help. Go to https://www..com/websleuths and read the Websleuths story. The first page and the 4th update have the most information.

You can also use PayPal or Google Wallet. to make a donation. Use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

Even if you donate 5 dollars that would be great. If one-third of the people who came on Websleuths today and gave 5 dollars Websleuths would be set.

Please help. We are down in revenue 60 percent per month yet we still have the same bills we need to pay 100 percent per month.

There is a more in-depth explanation at https://www..com/websleuths on the first page.

It's serious. It is wearing me out. Anything you can give would be appreciated.

However, I will keep repeating this because I want to be sure everyone knows if donating 5 dollars or more will put a strain on your finances DO NOT MAKE A DONATION. I so get what it is like to literally not have an extra 5 dollars.

Kenneka's case is so tragic. I am sure it was an accident but that video they have of her. Very creepy.

Thank you for reading.

Take Care,
Tricia

Everything on your account would be posted by you unless someone hacked you or you gave them your username and password.

Idk I would bring a stranger a drink. I'm sure I've done it plenty of times. I'm friendly at parties, especially after a few drinks.

Haha. If a stranger came up to me and said here I got this for you, I wouldn't be alarmed but then again I wouldn't drink it.
*Thumb in beer rule*

My sister is friendly when she has a few and doesn't stop talking lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah ha

you guys are right about how she looks bigger

really good guy just explained it

He did it more justice

CCTV records is squares. But when they are being played on YT they are set up in widescreen - so it kinda pulls her apart for lack of a better way to say it!

Makes sense !!

Well, the only new information I've seen today isn't really that new. The hotel has confirmed that there is no security footage of KJ walking into the freezer. Do we know positively that there are no other exits from the freezer besides the one on video?

ah ha again!

piss#s me off when YT does it -- I just learned why the day it!

dateline ones do it a lot when the show ends they restart it from the beginning YT pays by length x viewers !!

he gave an example 80,000 views if at 20 min can get between 10 60 bucks depending on ads !

he explained freezers was tickets and why it sounds so much like freezers !

ah ha algain !

YT does watch time -- so if we click out that matters too !

also called click away!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back