1207 users online (235 members and 972 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

ROSEMONT, Ill. (WLS) -- A Chicago woman who was reported missing to police was discovered inside a freezer at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont Sunday., Rosemont police said.

The sister of 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins told police that Jenkins was seen leaving her Chicago home at 11:30 p.m. Friday for a party at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 54440 North River Road in Rosemont. The sister said that she had received a text message from Jenkins at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

Witnesses told police Jenkins was seen at a party on the ninth floor of the hotel Friday night and into the early morning on Saturday. Jenkins was reported missing at 1:16 p.m. Saturday.

After being contacted by Rosemont police, the staff of the Crowne Plaza searched the hotel and Jenkins was discovered inside a freezer early Sunday morning. Police said her body was beyond resuscitation and was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://abc7chicago.com/chicago-woman...hotel/2400501/

Thread #1
    Last edited by sillybilly; 09-20-2017 at 04:40 PM.

The Rules in this thread are no different than any other thread.

First of all, there is no official indication that a crime has occurred.

Secondly, unless someone is named a POI or suspect in a case, do not sleuth them. You may only discuss what has been said about them in MSM or by LE. In other words, stop the sleuthing, discussion, aspersions related to the hotel, all law enforcement, and any other individual or entity that has not been officially named as responsible for what happened to Kenneka.

This is not a free-for-all, so leave those type of posts out of this discussion.

Post responsibly folks, or timeouts will be issued. No more warnings.

Subscribing.

Quote Originally Posted by WVWoman View Post
    I deal with security cameras as my workplace. We are told absolutely no one views footage without permission from owner. Your car got hit, someone got your purse out of your car..same answer I'll have to contact the owner and see if I can do that for you.
    A couple reasons
    1. If you find a crime the cops come record it. then the owner has to show up for court and testify those are his camera at his place of business. Date ,Time, and then we may be sued by someone who thinks we should have been out there guarding their car.
    2. Also you don't know if they have gave a truthful reason to view them. Someone hit my car could really be "I think my spouse is cheating and her car was parked here while I was at work" and we don't get involved in that.
    Now we have an excellent camera system the officers do come and ask to see if someone drove by out front..such as after maybe a robbery or hit and run...we do always comply with request from them.
    But I can see why they told her no.

Always My Own Opinion
    Thanks for the information! Both of those reasons make a lot of sense.

Learning a little I think

if on Insta i had an account @tom would anyone be able to start one with that exact name

if you wanted to post on my acct like it was me writing it would you be able to do that ??

are there real safeguards againist people being able to do that??

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post

if on Insta i had an account @tom would anyone be able to start one with that exact name

if you wanted to post on my acct like it was me writing it would you be able to do that ??

No. You can't do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perception is reality...no matter how you want to spin it...

If someone knew your username and password, they could post on your account

No. Each account name must be unique.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeInLA View Post
    No. Each account name must be unique.

Peroid?

So anything on that account from my account I posted?

also

from boys room

your in that setting

get getting a cocktail for friends or people I am with grab me one when your there fine

if someone comes up to you, that you dont know and tells you to go bring a drink to a stranger would you do it ?

i
    some stranger coming up to me and telling me to bring a drink to some person out there in the room that I dont know --

I am not a nasty person but I think my response would be you bring it to the person??????????

Peroid?

So anything on that account from my account I posted?

also

from boys room

your in that setting

get getting a cocktail for friends or people I am with grab me one when your there fine

if someone comes up to you, that you dont know and tells you to go bring a drink to a stranger would you do it ?

i
    some stranger coming up to me and telling me to bring a drink to some person out there in the room that I dont know --

I am not a nasty person but I think my response would be you bring it to the person??????????

BBM

Around here, it would be according to the tone. If it were perceived as an order, it likely wouldn't get far. If someone asked, if I'd mind taking a drink to that person over there, I'd probably hand them the drink and say, So and So, sent this to you, and be on my way. That's early 80s me. 2017 me? I'm not so sure that I'd hand a stranger a drink, from someone else who was also a stranger to me. It's called "experience". "Good judgement comes from experience. And experience? Well, that comes from poor judgement." ~ Alan Alexander Milne
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2¢.)

​Note: My "r" key is still sticking off and on. Thanks for your cont'd. patience.

Maybe not the exact name but people make spoof accounts all the time with usernames that are very close to fool people.

Someone could make an account named @t0m or @Tom or @_tom and then post a bunch of stuff pretending to be you

IMO, that's one reason we can't discuss social media stuff here.

Anyone can pretend to be anyone else online and screenshots can be faked.

If you made a twitter account, only one Twitter account can be made with that name. Just like on here there can be only one CARIIS.

On Twitter, you can allow people to "Follow" your posts, or you can request to "Follow" other people's posts that you find entertaining or informative.

You can like, and share, other folk's content on their Twitter pages, to your Twitter page. You can only respond to other people's original post. You can't make a post on someone else's Twitter page, as them, though.

I'm not a big Twitter user, so I may have left something out or not explained it very well.

​Note: My "r" key is still sticking off and on. Thanks for your cont'd. patience.

Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    If you made a twitter account, only one Twitter account can be made with that name. Just like on here there can be only one CARIIS.

On Twitter, you can allow people to "Follow" your posts, or you can request to "Follow" other people's posts that you find entertaining or informative.

You can like, and share, other folk's content on their Twitter pages, to your Twitter page. You can only respond to other people's original post. You can't make a post on someone else's Twitter page, as them, though.

I'm not a big Twitter user, so I may have left something out or not explained it very well.
    bbm I could set up an account under CARllS instead of CARIIS - can you spot the difference?

Could fool people, for a while at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    bbm I could set up an account under CARllS instead of CARIIS - can you spot the difference?

I can only see the difference when I copied and pasted into a Word document. Good example!

ETA: Okay, now I can see the difference on here but I had to look VERY hard with my old eyes!
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post

Ii lL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast