947 users online (182 members and 765 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    BAY AREA
    Posts
    10,356

    Shelley Winters Dead

    Shelly Winters actress has dies of CFG.
    More at link
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10851769/?GT1=7538
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.


    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

  2. #2
    awwww

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8,276
    She was a very talented lady and will be missed.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,231
    I really hate this. I love Shelley Winters.
    You put the light in me...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748
    Super actress. 85 was a good, long life.

    apparently she was a censor's nightmare on chat shows due to her salty language.

    an extremely talented actress, i thank her for her work.

    Shelley Winters: Obituary
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4613692.stm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Super actress. 85 was a good, long life.

    apparently she was a censor's nightmare on chat shows due to her salty language.

    an extremely talented actress, i thank her for her work.

    Shelley Winters: Obituary
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4613692.stm
    I agree. She will be missed. She was a handful wasn't she!?!!? She really had personality plus.

  7. #7
    Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    2,793
    The world has gained a lot from her talent. God bless her, thru her ups & downs she always had something to contribute for 85 years!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    At the Beach and in our hearts
    Posts
    8,143

    Loved Shelley..........

    I've alway's love Shelly Winters. Several years back my middle son who live's in Valley in LA ran into her at at some breakfast place and I have a photo of her holding my grandson... Now it's a really special photo. She still looked good ...........older but the same soft features.
    Whatta' gal. She'll be missed by many.
    xxxxxxxxoooo
    mama

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Where else? Texas ! ! ! !
    Posts
    12,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Mama
    I've alway's love Shelly Winters. Several years back my middle son who live's in Valley in LA ran into her at at some breakfast place and I have a photo of her holding my grandson... Now it's a really special photo. She still looked good ...........older but the same soft features.
    Whatta' gal. She'll be missed by many.
    xxxxxxxxoooo
    mama


    Mama glad to see you back!!!! How was the birthday? :HappyBday
    /


    "Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,715
    She was very talented. It's hard to be "overweight" and get good parts in movies; that attests to her great appeal and talent. Didn't she have an alcohol problem for a while? I guess she overcame it. She had lots of personality and is one of the old Hollywood Greats.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,162
    Shelley was a great actress, and she will indeed be missed. I loved her in The Diary of Anne Frank and in The Poseidon Adventure.


    Hey Love Mama !!!!! It's so good to see you back here !

    I missed you so much !

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    She was very talented. It's hard to be "overweight" and get good parts in movies; that attests to her great appeal and talent. Didn't she have an alcohol problem for a while? I guess she overcame it. She had lots of personality and is one of the old Hollywood Greats.
    She wasn't always overweight. When she was young, she wa a real looker. I think she used to be Marilyn Monroe's room mate, back when they were first breaking into Hollywood. Here's an early PR shot:
    http://www.nndb.com/people/859/000022793/gzrhsw02.jpg

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,173
    Most people don't know that she was instrumental in helping both Burt Lancaster and Robert DeNiro break into movies. The last movie I saw her in was HEAVY, where she played the tavern-keeper mother of a rather socially regressed (but nice) adult son. (She also supposedly owned a very sweet Boston Terrier in that film that nearly stole the show. )She was one hell of a gal.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    Most people don't know that she was instrumental in helping both Burt Lancaster and Robert DeNiro break into movies. The last movie I saw her in was HEAVY, where she played the tavern-keeper mother of a rather socially regressed (but nice) adult son. (She also supposedly owned a very sweet Boston Terrier in that film that nearly stole the show. )She was one hell of a gal.
    i didn't know that..about Burt Lancaster..interesting...he's one of my all time favorite actors...i believe his last movie was Atlantic City (maybe it was one of his last movies)....a great movie with him & Susan Sarandon...i bought the movie ages ago, & still play it every now & then...



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 09:59 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-29-2015, 08:46 PM
  3. IN IN - Catherine Winters, 9, Newcastle, 20 March 1913
    By Mischa in forum Pre-1960's Missing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 08:49 AM
  4. Jonathan Winters Dead at 87
    By Softail in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 02:04 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 10:00 PM