1382 users online (345 members and 1037 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

WV - Sodder Family - 5 children, Christmas eve 1945 - #2

Please continue this here ...

Part #1 can be located here
    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22973

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    On the back of the picture was this:

Louis Sodder
    I Love brother Frankie
    lili Boys
    A90132 or 35
    I wanted to bring this forward.
    Could this be what it is saying:

Louis Sodder
    I Love (his) brother Frankie
    (He has) lili (little) boys
    A90132 (partial SSN or a visa number?)
    This could be someone who knows English only as a second language, and doesn't know it well. What seems to be a cryptic message, could actually be someone with a language barrier.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That is certainly possible Mysteriew. If so then who is "Brother Frankie"?
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    That is certainly possible Mysteriew. If so then who is "Brother Frankie"?
    Possibly someone from the family that they were living with? If they were placed with a family, then the other children in the household, would be referreed to as their "brother".
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I wonder if it could be a reference to a Brother Frankie, maybe if he stayed in some type of boys home or something? Just something that popped into my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I wanted to bring this forward.
    Could this be what it is saying:

Louis Sodder
    I Love (his) brother Frankie
    (He has) lili (little) boys
    A90132 (partial SSN or a visa number?)
    This could be someone who knows English only as a second language, and doesn't know it well. What seems to be a cryptic message, could actually be someone with a language barrier.
    There is a school in Washington, DC called National Cathedral School . It's number is 090135. Secondary/High Schools -- District of Columbia I think someone from Kentucky sent the picture but I wonder if it was sent to them from somewhere else.

Looked again-this is an all girls school

John's middle initial was "F" as I recall, but I don't remember reading what it stood for.

There are many Frank Cipriani's listed on Ancestry.com, some of an age close to the childrens'...

Just some things I found with I googled 90135-Italy. Probably Nothing

MassTimes

Assumption B. M. V. 0916760859 Map Updated: 11/23/2003
    Address: Via Perpignano, 183 Palermo PA 90135 Italy
    Jesus Christ 091221146 Map Updated: 11/22/2003 Address: Via Castellana, 110 Palermo PA 90135 Italy
    Sacred Heart of Jesus 0916823898 Map Updated: 11/25/2003
    Address: Via Noce, 126 Palermo PA 90135 Italy

Does PA90135 mean Providence Area? Any one know? Could this go with the code on the back-A090135 or A90135
    Last edited by fox1950; 01-15-2006 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fox1950
    Just some things I found with I googled 90135-Italy. Probably Nothing

MassTimes

Assumption B. M. V. 0916760859 Map Updated: 11/23/2003
    Address: Via Perpignano, 183 Palermo PA 90135 Italy
    Jesus Christ 091221146 Map Updated: 11/22/2003 Address: Via Castellana, 110 Palermo PA 90135 Italy
    Sacred Heart of Jesus 0916823898 Map Updated: 11/25/2003
    Address: Via Noce, 126 Palermo PA 90135 Italy

Does PA90135 mean Providence Area? Any one know? Could this go with the code on the back-A090135 or A90135
    There appears to be a zip code for not only Palermo, but also for Big City Cal.

Also check this out:Untitled Document

Lombardia, 46040, Guidizzolo, MN, Saiore 116, Islamic Moviment of Italy ... Sicilia, 90135, Palermo, PA, via GE Di Blasi, 10, Associazione Culturale ...

http://www.carta.org/agenzia/testimo...ti/tabella.htm

Palermo hotels and accommodation, hotel reservations in Sicily, by ...
    Palermo hotels, hotel reservations in Palermo, Sicily, Italy by all-hotels(tm) - travel and lodgings ... Via Ottavio D'aragona 25, Palermo, Italy, 90135

Palermo, Lingerie & Hosiery: Lingerie & Hosiery in Palermo,...
    The fabrics are said to be as smooth as a caress, or, carezze. Address: Corso Calatafimi, 103h Palermo PA Italy 90132 ...

If you search 90135 Italy you find several web sites for Palermo, Italy. ...

Could A90132 or 35 stand for PA90132 or PA90135 standing for Palermo, Italy?
    Last edited by fox1950; 01-15-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Lightbulb

Hi All. I'm a new member and just signed up on Websleuths. I've been following this thread since I first read the Sodder story transcript on the NPR website in late December. I did a lot of research online when I was in college. So, I discovered ways to look up "hard to find" information online. I just wanted to share this. This is in regards to JBandy post "Italy Family", where he received a mystery post on Ancestry.com.

I went to Yahoo International websites, Italy (http://it.yahoo.com/). I am fluent in Spanish, and can sort of follow along the lines if reading something in Italian (as both languages are latin based). At any rate, I decided to do a search in the White Pages (Pagine Bianche) to look for the names mentioned in this "mystery post" in Ancestry.com.

Re: Family History
    Author: adelaide Date: 23 Aug 2003 12:45 PM GMT
    Surnames: Dessena Adelaide Ignazia Lalla
    Classification: Query

Our grand father Salvatore Soddu had a brother, is name was Giorgio, he goes in USA west virginia in beginning 1900, he was 16 years old.He changed his surname in Sodder, we have a photo of George family (1960),he had five soons,and his wife's name was Maria Cipriani. We live in Italy, Sardegna in a little village Tula in Sassari's provincia. We are Ignazia,Adelaide e Lalla Dessena our mother is Anna Maria Soddu.Sorry for our english. Is the person that you are looking for? bye bye
    I searched a combination of names for "Dessena Adelaide Ignazia Lalla", and no hits. Then, I searched for Anna Maria Soddu in Tula. This is where I got a hit http://it.paginebianche.yahoo.net/ex...d=&nc=&x=0&y=0.

Now, it may not seem like a lot, but if the family would like to attempt to call this listing to see if Adelaide can be contacted, I'm thinking this is a good lead to finding the family connection in Italy. JBandy, I hope this is of some help. Perhaps someone in your family speaks Italian and can try this number.

I look forward to reading more excellent ideas in trying to help the Sodder family find some answers to this painfully long mystery.

I had done a search on the numbers as possibly postal zip codes, but couldn't get a hit (I tried various combinations).

Is it possible that some codes were discontinued down through the years? What happens if a post office closes, either due to lack of residents or a merger with another post office? Would these codes probably somewhere on the west coast if they were zip codes?
    By the way, welcome InquisitiveT, we welcome any help we can get!!

Inquisitive T, thanks so much for the info. And welcome to WS!

Shadowangel, when I did a regular google of zip code+ 90135, I also came up with hits in Palermo and also one in Big City, Calif. ( http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/th200.pdf address is on pg. 5 of the pdf) Whoops, scratch that, it is a sample form, and probably a bogus address.
    Interestingly enough 90132 also shows up as a zip code in Palermo. I didn't find anything for 90132 in the US.
    Here is the link to research Italian zip codes
    http://sicilia.indettaglio.it/eng/ca...re/motore.html

I also did a check on both numbers at the USPS and no hits on either number. I only saw that in the Google search.

Can anyone find when zip codes were first used in the United States. If my memory serves me correctly it was in the 1960's. Remember everyone complaining about having to (now) put a zip code after the address. This was started to make it easier on the postal service to sort and forward the mail.

I found it - ZIP Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

California zip codes start with 9, however did not find one that was 90132 or 90135. Regarding information about Italy-enter a description here

Inquistive T- Thanks and welcome-Do you know when zip codes first started in Italy?

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast