873 users online (90 members and 783 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 887
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DofC
    Posts
    22,011
    You guys had to mention Jose Baez earlier and now he is having a pc today at 4pm. lol
    __________
    “Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.” - Maya Angelou

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,337
    Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    You guys had to mention Jose Baez earlier and now he is having a pc today at 4pm. lol
    His ears must have been burning ... is his PC on Holly's case ?

    TIA!

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  3. #18
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,230
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Re the testimony of ZA saying no body no gun four months before Holly's skull was even found ...

    In the defense's closing argument, she made the point that while the witness claimed that ZA said that in March, the testimony was that the witness didn't come forward and say anything to anyone until much later, and after the body was found. If true, that really blunts the "proof" provided by that testimony. Was her account of the testimony (that the witness didn't come forward and say anything to anyone until much later) right?
    To me it makes zero sense that ZA would say "no body" AFTER a body was found. So by logical conclusion, he said it before HB's body was found.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro TN
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by MsArk View Post
    BBM
    Forgive me if I missed something but was there testimony about what ZA, et al did with Holly's body after leaving the river? Jennifer Thompson's statement about Zach not going to Parsons with a body in the back of a truck made sense to me.
    BBM - my personal feeling is that the time where Zach is continually texting Shayne is them frantically trying to figure out what to do now. IMHO, they couldn't have dismembered her and dumped her before he showed up at the video store. That's an ugly, nasty, messy business that would take some time. Makes me queasy to think about it. Or maybe Shayne and Dylan did that part. Either way, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't make the second attempt to dump Holly's body until that night when he was so frantic to get his hands on a truck that Dick Adams called 911. It's not clear to me whether he eventually got the truck or if he used one he already had access to.

    April 13, 2011
    In case others want to see all in chronological order.

    4:54a - 8:18a – Zach – no activity (from 8:17a to 8:25a Holly's phone is moving near Cox Rd @ 641/I40)

    6:50a - Jason-- near Camden (GF house) text
    6:51a - 8:19a – Jason -- no pings

    7:00a - Karen Bobo leaves for work/Holly was sitting at dining room table, also texting back and forth with classmate Hannah
    7:30a -- Holly speaks to BF, Drew re hunting on grandmother's property
    7:30a - 7:40a - Holly -- home area
    7:40a - Neighbor hears a scream
    7:42a - Holly -- last outgoing call (wondering "who" she dialed?)
    7:45a - Neighbor's mother calls Karen
    7:50a - Clint is awakened by dogs barking/Karen calls Clint
    7:53a - 8:09a - Holly's phone connect to towers close to home
    7:55a - Karen calls 911 from work

    8:00a - Karen calls Clint to call 911 after he tells her what he saw
    8:00a - Holly's phone is moving
    8:17a - Holly's phone going north I40
    8:17a - 8:26a – Holly -- ping off 2 different towers (anyone "which" towers & "where")
    8:17a - 8:55a - rape and murder occurred between 8:17am and 8:55am (if Autry is to be believed that Holly was already in back of Zach's truck, wrapped )
    8:18a - Zach's phone on ("where" ? - at home?)
    8:19a – Zach's phone at Cox Rd @ 641/I40- incoming text From JA
    8:19a - 8:53a - Zach's phone utlizing same tower close to his home
    8:28a -- Defense witness (Dikas) says ZA phone pings at home (several miles from where Holly's pings)
    8:30a – Zach -- outgoing text to JA
    8:30a - 8:52a - Zach and JA-- texting back & forth
    8:53a - 8:55a – Zach - phone call from JA-call went to voice mail--Zach called JA back –Zach’s phone near Yellow Springs & Adams house (Holly's pinged twice just after 9 near where Adams' phone pings - by Yellow Springs near Cox Rd)
    8:55a – Jason phone - Autry, Adams & Holly's all shown in same area (same tower) - (at Shayne's where Jason sees Holly's body wrapped in back of Zach's truck)
    8:57a - 9:00a -- Holly's phone pings Yellow Springs area (2nd ping)


    ~8:19a - 9:12a -- Zach's phone close to home-in same general area of where Holly's phone pings)
    9:06a –Holly's phone - East of Shiloh Rd @ Cox & I40/641 (3rd tower pinged) Same tower as Zach's house
    9:10a – Holly - Sugar Tree near Tennessee River (Shayne leaves to dump her phone)
    9:10a - 10:43a -Zach - texts between ZA & Shayne Austin/Zach @ Birdsong area
    9:12a – Zach's phone pings Yellow Springs area (Holly's 2nd ping in same area)
    9:25a – Holly - pings near home - final ping - sim & phone found in this area.
    9:40a - Holly's phone stops pinging/probably dead battery
    9:42a - 10:37a – Jason phone -- pings near Tenn River near Birdsong Rd exit (Zach & Jason at Birdsong with Holly's body)
    9:50a – Zach - pings near Tennessee River

    10:01a - 10:32a - Zach continuallly texting Shayne
    10:35a - Zach's phone uses the other side of tower near Birdsong Rd exit
    10:35a - Jason's phone uses the other side of tower near Birdsong Rd exit
    10:38a - Zach's phone moving away from tower & going back home
    10:39a – Jason - phone is moving away from tower at Birdsong Rd exit (again pings near Cox Rd. (leaves Tenn river area)

    11:04a -- CCTV at AmFarm shows TBI SUV traveling to Parsons
    11:05a -- CCTV at AmFarm shows TBI SUV traveling to Parsons
    11:07a -- CCT at AmFarm shows ZA's Pickup traveling to Parsons
    ~11a - 12p – Zach - in Parsons (video store w/GF)

    ~2:30p - 3:30p - All (Zach, Jason & Shayne) at Dinsmore house (per house cleaner)

    9:47p -- First 911 call by Dick Adams (ZA's GrF) - ZA is causing a problem
    9:49p - Second 911 call by DA - Didn't want officers to come over
    9:51p - Third 911 call by DA - ZA is back & causing problem; was raising hell, wanted guns & keys to his/Dylan's truck. More frantic call - sounds exasperated (JMO)
    We will never forget the missing.

  5. #20
    SteveS is offline Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    To me it makes zero sense that ZA would say "no body" AFTER a body was found. So by logical conclusion, he said it before HB's body was found.
    Perhaps. But it changes the nature of the proof, as an extended time period means ZA could have been saying "They've found no body" for quite a while, then changed it to "They've found no gun" at a later point. But if the witness actually came forward in March, then it becomes much more intriguing. So I'm wondering if the def atty was accurately relating what was said by the witnesses, or not, as to what happened when.
    REMINDER: All my comments are IMO AFAIK
    All posts are offered imo and to the best of my knowledge.

  6. #21
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,230
    Why would ZA be commenting about a body and/or gun in the first place? If he has nothing to do with this crime then why is he commenting at all?

    The jury will be the ones to decide what the evidence was and what weight to give it. They are the sole triers of truth.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    To me it makes zero sense that ZA would say "no body" AFTER a body was found. So by logical conclusion, he said it before HB's body was found.
    The point is, he may not have said it at all. The witness may have lied about what ZA said, or they may have misremembered - eg. He may have said "No body, no weapon" and after the witness learned through prison gossip that she had been shot they misremembered his words.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada "A"
    Posts
    11,960
    Any predictions of when we will get a verdict while we wait? I will go with late tomorrow or Saturday.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,641
    Picking my daughter up at 2:15 so won't be listening to the rebuttal...I really hope the state drives it home, I think the case rides on it being a grand slam rebuttal.

    Anyone else find it ironic when Thompson said people in workout? Maybe some people workout, I just don't think her client does.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    DofC
    Posts
    22,011
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    His ears must have been burning ... is his PC on Holly's case ?

    TIA!

    No AH
    __________
    “Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.” - Maya Angelou


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    where orchids grow on trees
    Posts
    5,318
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedwoman View Post
    BBM - my personal feeling is that the time where Zach is continually texting Shayne is them frantically trying to figure out what to do now. IMHO, they couldn't have dismembered her and dumped her before he showed up at the video store. That's an ugly, nasty, messy business that would take some time. Makes me queasy to think about it. Or maybe Shayne and Dylan did that part. Either way, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't make the second attempt to dump Holly's body until that night when he was so frantic to get his hands on a truck that Dick Adams called 911. It's not clear to me whether he eventually got the truck or if he used one he already had access to.

    April 13, 2011
    In case others want to see all in chronological order.

    4:54a - 8:18a – Zach – no activity (from 8:17a to 8:25a Holly's phone is moving near Cox Rd @ 641/I40)

    6:50a - Jason-- near Camden (GF house) text
    6:51a - 8:19a – Jason -- no pings

    7:00a - Karen Bobo leaves for work/Holly was sitting at dining room table, also texting back and forth with classmate Hannah
    7:30a -- Holly speaks to BF, Drew re hunting on grandmother's property
    7:30a - 7:40a - Holly -- home area
    7:40a - Neighbor hears a scream
    7:42a - Holly -- last outgoing call (wondering "who" she dialed?)
    7:45a - Neighbor's mother calls Karen
    7:50a - Clint is awakened by dogs barking/Karen calls Clint
    7:53a - 8:09a - Holly's phone connect to towers close to home
    7:55a - Karen calls 911 from work

    8:00a - Karen calls Clint to call 911 after he tells her what he saw
    8:00a - Holly's phone is moving
    8:17a - Holly's phone going north I40
    8:17a - 8:26a – Holly -- ping off 2 different towers (anyone "which" towers & "where")
    8:17a - 8:55a - rape and murder occurred between 8:17am and 8:55am (if Autry is to be believed that Holly was already in back of Zach's truck, wrapped )
    8:18a - Zach's phone on ("where" ? - at home?)
    8:19a – Zach's phone at Cox Rd @ 641/I40- incoming text From JA
    8:19a - 8:53a - Zach's phone utlizing same tower close to his home
    8:28a -- Defense witness (Dikas) says ZA phone pings at home (several miles from where Holly's pings)
    8:30a – Zach -- outgoing text to JA
    8:30a - 8:52a - Zach and JA-- texting back & forth
    8:53a - 8:55a – Zach - phone call from JA-call went to voice mail--Zach called JA back –Zach’s phone near Yellow Springs & Adams house (Holly's pinged twice just after 9 near where Adams' phone pings - by Yellow Springs near Cox Rd)
    8:55a – Jason phone - Autry, Adams & Holly's all shown in same area (same tower) - (at Shayne's where Jason sees Holly's body wrapped in back of Zach's truck)
    8:57a - 9:00a -- Holly's phone pings Yellow Springs area (2nd ping)


    ~8:19a - 9:12a -- Zach's phone close to home-in same general area of where Holly's phone pings)
    9:06a –Holly's phone - East of Shiloh Rd @ Cox & I40/641 (3rd tower pinged) Same tower as Zach's house
    9:10a – Holly - Sugar Tree near Tennessee River (Shayne leaves to dump her phone)
    9:10a - 10:43a -Zach - texts between ZA & Shayne Austin/Zach @ Birdsong area
    9:12a – Zach's phone pings Yellow Springs area (Holly's 2nd ping in same area)
    9:25a – Holly - pings near home - final ping - sim & phone found in this area.
    9:40a - Holly's phone stops pinging/probably dead battery
    9:42a - 10:37a – Jason phone -- pings near Tenn River near Birdsong Rd exit (Zach & Jason at Birdsong with Holly's body)
    9:50a – Zach - pings near Tennessee River

    10:01a - 10:32a - Zach continuallly texting Shayne
    10:35a - Zach's phone uses the other side of tower near Birdsong Rd exit
    10:35a - Jason's phone uses the other side of tower near Birdsong Rd exit
    10:38a - Zach's phone moving away from tower & going back home
    10:39a – Jason - phone is moving away from tower at Birdsong Rd exit (again pings near Cox Rd. (leaves Tenn river area)

    11:04a -- CCTV at AmFarm shows TBI SUV traveling to Parsons
    11:05a -- CCTV at AmFarm shows TBI SUV traveling to Parsons
    11:07a -- CCT at AmFarm shows ZA's Pickup traveling to Parsons
    ~11a - 12p – Zach - in Parsons (video store w/GF)

    ~2:30p - 3:30p - All (Zach, Jason & Shayne) at Dinsmore house (per house cleaner)

    9:47p -- First 911 call by Dick Adams (ZA's GrF) - ZA is causing a problem
    9:49p - Second 911 call by DA - Didn't want officers to come over
    9:51p - Third 911 call by DA - ZA is back & causing problem; was raising hell, wanted guns & keys to his/Dylan's truck. More frantic call - sounds exasperated (JMO)
    You got me to thinking. He wanted the truck...very well could have been to dispose ofHolly. The gun, at first I thought to kill Dylan, maybe he intended to kill Jason?
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

  12. #27
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayemonde View Post
    The point is, he may not have said it at all. The witness may have lied about what ZA said, or they may have misremembered - eg. He may have said "No body, no weapon" and after the witness learned through prison gossip that she had been shot they misremembered his words.
    To believe all, most, or several witnesses lied about statements ZA said directly to them is to essentially not believe in direct evidence in a case.

    Why would a witness not involved in the crime, who has nothing to gain in the case lie? How would lying benefit them.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    To believe all, most, or several witnesses lied about statements ZA said directly to them is to essentially not believe in direct evidence in a case.

    Why would a witness not involved in the crime, who has nothing to gain in the case lie? How would lying benefit them.
    I'm sure that word went around the jail that privileges and deals would be available for anyone willing to testify against ZA.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    390
    I've only been able to catch a couple of the phone calls being placed into the Nicks squared, but the ones I've caught have stated the don't feel the State has proven their case. Can anyone tell me if that's been the general consensus of the calls that have been coming in? TIA
    Just my
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro TN
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayemonde View Post
    I'm sure that word went around the jail that privileges and deals would be available for anyone willing to testify against ZA.
    Even if it did, that only works if what you offer up matches the evidence in the case.
    We will never forget the missing.

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 461
    Last Post: 10-13-2017, 12:40 PM
  2. Replies: 1059
    Last Post: 09-21-2017, 02:17 PM
  3. Replies: 1115
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 08:47 AM
  4. Replies: 1183
    Last Post: 09-15-2017, 08:45 AM
  5. Replies: 781
    Last Post: 09-13-2017, 08:42 AM