MO MO - Tammy Fields, 21, Kansas City, 12 Jan 1987

sunnynz

Reaction score
I can't find a thread for Tammy.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/236/2

Tammy was last seen at approximately 1:40pm leaving her residence in the vicinity of Topping Ave. and St. John Ave. in Kansas City, MO. Tammy indicated she would be back home by 4:00pm but never returned. She was supposed to leave for Pensacola, FL the next day, but is not know to have arrived there. She may be in the area of Pine Bluff/Benton, AR or Pensacola, FL however her passport was found in the possession of an individual in IL who was found to have vials of blood in his vehicle during a traffic stop.

Age last seen 21 years old
Age now 52 years old
Race White
Height (inches) 64.0
Weight (pounds) 125.0
Hair brown curly
Eyes green
Scar approximately 1" long on abdomen
Tattoo of a "heart" on groin, tattoo of a "butterfly" on groin
Double pierced ears
Black jeans, black leather jacket
White Nike athletic shoes

Dentals and fingerprints in Namus but no DNA
img_258.jpeg

Tammy's Doe Network link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/902dfmo.html

Fields left her residence on foot at about 13:40, telling her friend she had something to do, and would be back by 16:00. She had a date to a wrestling match for that night, but never returned. Fields was due to leave for Pensacola, Florida the next day, but she never arrived.
She may be in the area of Pine Bluff / Benton, Arkansas or Pensacola Florida. Foul play is suspected.

31 years missing. :candle:

Tammy L. Fields – The Charley Project

Tammy L. Fields
  • tammy_l._fields_1.jpg
Fields, circa 1987

• Missing Since01/12/1987
  • Missing FromKansas City, Missouri
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/17/1965 (53)
  • Age21 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA black leather jacket, a sweater, black jeans and white Nike sneakers.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Fields has a one-inch scar on her abdomen and has tattoos of a heart and a butterfly on her groin area. Her ears are double-pierced. She may use the last name Humphreys.
Details of Disappearance
Fields resided in an apartment in the 100 block of north Topping Street in Kansas City, Missouri in 1987. She departed from her residence on foot to run an errand at approximately 1:40 p.m. on January 12, 1987.

Fields told her roommate that she planned to return home by 4:00 p.m. She had a date scheduled for a wrestling match during the evening hours. She never arrived at her apartment and has not been heard from again.

She planned to travel to Pensacola, Florida on January 13, the day following her disappearance. Fields never arrived as expected.

Fields may have traveled to the Pine Bluff or Benton areas of Arkansas. After her disappearance, her passport was found in the possession of a man in Illinois. When police searched the man's vehicle after a traffic stop, they found vials of blood. It isn't clear whether this individual was involved in Fields's disappearance.

Authorities suspect foul play was involved in her case, which remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Kansas City Police Department 816-234-5136
Source Information
That man obviously killed her, he should be charged with homicide.

Tammy L. Fields – The Charley Project

Tammy L. Fields
  • tammy_l._fields_1.jpg
Fields, circa 1987

• Missing Since01/12/1987
  • Missing FromKansas City, Missouri
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/17/1965 (53)
  • Age21 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 125 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA black leather jacket, a sweater, black jeans and white Nike sneakers.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Fields has a one-inch scar on her abdomen and has tattoos of a heart and a butterfly on her groin area. Her ears are double-pierced. She may use the last name Humphreys.
Details of Disappearance
Fields resided in an apartment in the 100 block of north Topping Street in Kansas City, Missouri in 1987. She departed from her residence on foot to run an errand at approximately 1:40 p.m. on January 12, 1987.

Fields told her roommate that she planned to return home by 4:00 p.m. She had a date scheduled for a wrestling match during the evening hours. She never arrived at her apartment and has not been heard from again.

She planned to travel to Pensacola, Florida on January 13, the day following her disappearance. Fields never arrived as expected.

Fields may have traveled to the Pine Bluff or Benton areas of Arkansas. After her disappearance, her passport was found in the possession of a man in Illinois. When police searched the man's vehicle after a traffic stop, they found vials of blood. It isn't clear whether this individual was involved in Fields's disappearance.

Authorities suspect foul play was involved in her case, which remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Kansas City Police Department 816-234-5136
Source Information
That man obviously killed her, he should be charged with homicide.

Wow! Yeah that man makes alarm bells ring in my ears. I can't imagine why else he would have her passport along with vials of blood. Did they even test the blood? I know DNA wouldn't have been available back then, but they could've at least determined blood type and tried to match it to Tammy's type.

Where are her relatives? I’ve been looking online to see if any relative has a page for her but nothing comes up. I did find marriage records for Tammy L Fields (born 1964-1965) and Humphrey. They got married when she was 14! Other than that nothing. I find strange that nobody is looking for her.

I have submitted this jane doe as a possible match. See below for photo comparison.

1654324172858.png 1654324283147.png

- Tammy went missing from Missouri but was reportedly heading to Florida the next day. It is unknown if she ever arrived.
- Jane Doe was found in Florida, albeit she was found in Broward County FL, not Pensacola FL.
- Only 1 tattoo is identical. The blue butterfly. Maybe reports and memories were incorrect?
- Height is noted exactly the same for both.
- Weight is 15 lbs difference (although Jane Doe died from a cocaine overdose which could explain the weight loss)
- Jane Doe is thought to be around 30 years old, but Tammy fits within the estimated range of 21-35.
- No mention if ears are pierced or not for Jane Doe. Maybe that is something I will ask medical examiner about.

I wondered if Tammy could have been a victim of Gregory Breeden, although she was never named as one. Neither was Lynn Baltzley, who I also thought was a possibility.

Tracy Ramsey, however, was listed as a victim of his for whatever reason (newspaper article provided in her thread).

All three of the women were last seen walking in the vicinity of Independence Avenue, which was where Breeden was trolling at the time. Breeden was also working nearby at the Kansas City Public Works Department, which was around the corner from where Batzley disappeared, three miles from Tammy's apartment, and a mile from where Tracy disappeared.

"There have been about 77 prostitutes reported missing in and around Kansas City since the late '70's. Six suspected victims of Greg, all with ties to drugs and the Independence Avenue trade, were found in the river between 1982 and 1994, some without their legs. Furthermore, several torsos and other surgically removed body parts have turned up in area rivers suggesting the existence of other serial killers in the area or a rising body count for Gregory Breeden."

I'm not implying by any means, that Tammy, Lynn, and Tracy were prostitutes or on drugs. One of Breeden's victims was a 13 year old girl so he's most likely just an opportunist. I'm merely pointing out the proximity they all shared in common to both his work and stomping grounds, and the time-frame in which they went missing is when Breeden was active.

On an unrelated note, I'm curious as to what the "L" in Tammy's middle name stands for. If it's "Lynn", then all three women have that name in common. That would be a strange coincidence if it was.

Last edited:
^ ^ ^ Regarding previous post... another missing woman, Tammie Lynn Wilkinson, who was a suspected victim of Breeden- and she fits the vitimology of the previously mentioned missing women. She disappeared in 1984, she went on foot, she went missing in the same vicinity of the others - the 100 block of Topping Avenue, which is about 0.6 of a mile from where Tammy Fields was last seen, and she lived nearby of off the 300 block of Bellefontaine, right off of Independence Avenue.

Another coincidence of sharing the name "Lynn" missing from Kansas City at the time. Strange if it was actually two Tammy/ie Lynns if Field's middle name is also Lynn. It's also the anniversary of Wilkinson's disappearance today.

Last edited:
I have submitted Tammy L. Fields case, and Long Beach's unidentified female to NamUs, and both investigating agencies. ...

Unidentified is not her:

Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner said:
Both MP236 and UP4124 have fingerprints on NamUs, I compared the prints and have Excluded MP236 Fields as being a match to UP4124. I entered the exclusion on NamUs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back