Found Deceased SC - Aaliyana McCoy, 9 mos, Myrtle Beach, July 2017 *Arrests*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Investigation into disappearance of missing 11-month-old baby continues
The investigation into the disappearance of a missing 11-month-old baby in Myrtle Beach continued Friday morning.

Capt. Joey Crosby, spokesman with Myrtle Beach police, announced Thursday night that investigators launched an investigation into the missing 11-month-old baby’s disappearance after receiving information that the baby hadn’t been seen since July.

He said foul play was suspected in the child’s disappearance, but stressed the public was not in danger, and stated officers have identified suspects in the case.
Police served a search warrant at a home along 3rd Avenue South Thursday evening as part of the investigation.

From the link above.

WPDE spoke with the property manager of the 3rd Avenue South home that police searched Thursday night, and he said the couple staying there had a 1 or 2-year-old child, and appeared to be decent people.

He allowed a WPDE reporter inside and baby formula, food, and stroller were seen in the home, along with a tipped-over gas can on a bedroom floor.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article174782551.html#storylink=cpy

Is it strange that the property owner has/had access to the unit? Where are the parents now?...... Hinky.
Gas can? Random. This doesn't sound good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The property manager for the home that was searched says he spoke with police and officers asked him about the missing child.

“They asked me about the child, asked me when the last time I had seen the child, and I told them as far as I could recollect, it was roughly about two months back when I last seen the child,” says property manager Arnold Laws.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division’s special victim’s unit is assisting with the investigation.

News13 crews on the scene reported a K-9 Unit was also at the scene.
http://wbtw.com/2017/09/21/foul-pla...ng-11-month-old-baby-myrtle-beach-police-say/

From the link above.

WPDE spoke with the property manager of the 3rd Avenue South home that police searched Thursday night, and he said the couple staying there had a 1 or 2-year-old child, and appeared to be decent people.

He allowed a WPDE reporter inside and baby formula, food, and stroller were seen in the home, along with a tipped-over gas can on a bedroom floor.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article174782551.html#storylink=cpy

Is it strange that the property owner has/had access to the unit? Where are the parents now?...... Hinky.

From the wbtw link there is a video of the house the police were searching Thursday night and shows the address.
It appears to be this house:
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.686...4!1s1fQePt57JygjbIbf0APV3g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

From the street view I can see a "for rent" sign in the yard and the house has A, B, & C over the doors-- Appears the house is dived into at least 3 units. Perhaps the property manager lives in one of the units?

Gas can tipped over in bedroom is hinky....

Neighbors also said they haven't seen the couple's child in a while.

They said when they inquired about the child, they were told the child was staying with her grandmother.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call 843-918-1382.

http://wpde.com/news/local/police-s...lay-suspected-in-case-of-missing-11-month-old

LE not releasing the couple's names or the child's name when you know darn well they have both (MOO) is very concerning. They suspect foul play. They have surely checked with relatives of the couple and child and not found the child. Some articles claim that there will be more info from LE sometime today.

I am getting baby Chance vibes - I pray I am wrong :(

From the link above.

Most property owners do retain a key and right to enter the property.

The landlord showing the apt. Makes me think the parents or people that lived there are no longer there?

same headline different news org. none I have found name the child or the mother. :sigh:

This updated article shows a picture of the house:
TheHouse

You can clearly see 3 doors with different lettered units. Hopefully the neighbors living in the same building will be able to tell if they heard something.

So who exactly reported the child missing?

grrr no updates :(

Horry County booking Site for those who want to watch. REMEMBER: Do not post links to individuals or potential arrestees in this case until the name has been provided by LE or MSM. Thanks.

Where is the child's father or the man that was living there with mother and child? Maybe they are still looking for him and delaying releasing the mother's name so they don't tip him off? Although, the news has published the picture of the house, so he probably knows if they are looking for him by now. This not releasing the mother's name seems SO strange to me. :scared:

[snip]. This not releasing the mother's name seems SO strange to me. :scared:

RSBMFE I agree, very odd, they are clearly playing close to the vest. I wonder if they are worried if the child is still alive and in his care he may do something horrible. I think they think lil one is already gone but just in case . . . maybe . . ? IDK

RSBMFE I agree, very odd, they are clearly playing close to the vest. I wonder if they are worried if the child is still alive and in his care he may do something horrible. I think they think lil one is already gone but just in case . . . maybe . . ? IDK

Could the mother be a minor? Or a missing person from another state who disappeared with her baby and they want to contact her family first? IDK. :scared:

Some more neighbor interviews have been added to the article:
JoAnne Mendenhall lives next to the home police searched and told The Sun News she was shaken by the investigation happening so close to her home. She’s lived in the area since June.
“I’m terrified. I knew this was a crowded neighborhood when I moved here, but I didn’t know it was so extremely violent. Shootings and police cars constantly,” she said.
Mervyn Mcutchen has lived in the home housing several apartments where police searched Thursday night. He said he works often, and while he wasn’t aware a baby once lived nearby, he noted the people staying in the apartment police searched are no longer there.

BBM. 1st neighbor gives some insight into the area. 2nd comment makes me think the police were called after the people moved out and maybe LE had to track them down. Still no hint at what tipped off the search for baby. Hope there is a press conference soon.

[h=1]Babysitter of missing Myrtle Beach child says she was ‘fooled’ by baby’s mother[/h]
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A woman who says she babysat the missing 11-month-old child from Myrtle Beach feels like she was fooled by the baby’s mother.

The woman, who did not want to release her name, says the news of the baby missing has had her awake for days.

“Since the day before yesterday I have not slept a wink,” she explains. “I want to know where this baby is.”
The child’s babysitter, who says she watched the child about four or five times, says she wishes now that she would have paid more attention to any red flags.

“If I thought something was going to happen to her, I would have watched that baby every day,” she says. “I swear I would have watched that baby every day.”

The babysitter lived next to the mother and says the young woman knocked on the sitter’s door quite often.

“She asked me things. How to cook, how to season things, what to wear, how to talk to her boyfriend. She always asked me for advice,” the woman describes.

The sitter says the child’s mother had a live-in boyfriend and the babysitter feels she was misled by the duo.

Video at link shows inside the apt: http://wbtw.com/2017/09/22/babysitt...ch-child-says-she-was-fooled-by-babys-mother/

Crosby said the investigation into the baby’s disappearance continued throughout the night after police served the search warrant, and authorities were evaluating evidence and putting the pieces together Friday morning.

Police haven’t said whether any arrests have been made in connection with the case, or what was discovered during the search Thursday night. Crosby said Friday morning that more details on the case would be coming later Friday.

Crosby said that the mother was being held in the Columbia-area, and that she has been transported back to Myrtle Beach.
Her identity will be released once she has been booked.

Same article but it keeps being updated. I think the bold above is new info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley
Back