1214 users online (250 members and 964 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Philadelphia Co, Unksex&race UP17000, 20-70, in old property, 1955 ID, Aug'73

NamUs UP 17000

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17000

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found August 13, 1973 in Philadelphia County, PA
    Body Condition: Not recognizable - near complete or complete skeleton
    Probable year of death: 1955 to 1970
    Estimated postmortem interval: years

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 20-70 (Adult - Pre 70)

Approximate Height: 70 estimate
    Approximate Weight: 130 estimate
    Hair Color: Unknown
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
    Clothing:
    Shirt, tie, brown trousers, leather belt, brown socks
    Jewerly: nothing
    Footwear: nothing
    Accessories:
    Reading glasses made by American Optical Co. ~45 years of age at initial report date. They have a slight plus Rx. Assumed to be used by an older person for reading per investigation findings. Full pack of Pall Mall cigarettes in shirt pocket. Illegible ID card from 1955 (sent to FBI for analysis in 1970s) 3C liberty stamp found in pocket and issued in 1954. Available for purchase until 1958 at any post office.
    Identifiers
    Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
    Dentals: Dental information / is available and entered later
    DNA: Sample is not available

Case History
    :
    Found in abandoned property being demolished by wrecking crew. Location was reported as vacant since the mid-1950s.
    Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

Do they think he may have been a prior owner of this house? all bones and clothing including glasses plus cigarettes sounds to me that he just passed away from natural causes. He had a tie on. Older men (my father) always cleaned up before going out in public, sounds like this was a well kept man.

So close to where the Boy in the Box was found.

I wonder if anything more could be discerned from the ID with the advances in forensic science since the 1970s.

Also, given the description of the clothing and the 70" height it seems very unlikely that the deceased was female.

this is just so interesting.. There were no records or anything on who owned the house.. or any neighbors near by.. its really strange he seemed like he lived there and like someone above said natural causes. He seemed dressed well also.

ok I came across this guy who went missing in 1957 he wore glasses and apparently said he was going to start a new life

JOHN DUNHAM MacEACHRON IMG_6881.jpg

White male, age 30, 6 feet, very thin build, sandy hair, blue eyes, medium complexion. Very large lined hands. Wears horn-rimmed glasses. Has worked as taxi driver, chauffeur, Boy Scout Counselor and in theatrical work. Has taught speech in public schools. Missing since January 8, 1957. May be using an alias, as he has stated he was going to try to start life over again some where else. Any knowledge concerning whereabouts of this missing person notify Police Dept. , Lake Worth, Pla., or Florida Sheriffs Bureau, Tallahassee, Florida.

https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/s...UGUST_1957.pdf

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/taorminapete.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First I had no idea missing persons were destroyed after 10 years. So frustrating. Next up Pierre was known to have diabetes so eye issues would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this guy was a fugitive... and he wore glasses he was being looked for as of Sept 1958
    https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/s...EMBER_1958.pdf

JACK H. SCHATZ
    White male, age 30, 6 feet tall, weighs 155 pounds, medium build, brown hair, blue eyes, fair complexion. Possibly Jewish descent. Driving 1958 white Cadillac convertible, 1958 Fla. License 1E-1882. Uses Pennsylvania Driver's License No. 4123660 and All States Ins. card +84402937 as means of Identification. Claimed to be a Doctor but hands appeared to be those of mechanic or other type manual work. Passed checks drawn on Dauphin Deposit Trust Co., Harrisburg, Penn. , and has previous arrests that city. Warrant issued, charge Worthless Checks and Beating Board Bill. If located advise Police Dept. , Lakeland, Fla., or The Florida Sheriffs Bureau, Tallahassee, Florida.

IMG_6921.jpg

Do we know exactly where this property was located? If there were no neighbours close by it sounds as if it was rural or semi rural, or maybe in an area that people were moving out of and just abandoning other local properties.

Would there not have been local property tax records relating to the property and showing who was responsible for paying them? I realise that they may have been lost or destroyed in the decades since then.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    Do we know exactly where this property was located? If there were no neighbours close by it sounds as if it was rural or semi rural, or maybe in an area that people were moving out of and just abandoning other local properties.

Would there not have been local property tax records relating to the property and showing who was responsible for paying them? I realise that they may have been lost or destroyed in the decades since then.
    I had been thinking the same thing Melmoththe Lost. Someone had to have owned the house or there must of been a record at a post office of the address and if someone got mail there..I wish they posted address or location and even a photo of the ID.. maybe something could of been seen in the house.. also if it was a house in the middle of nowhere..was there a vehicle found.. or was there anything at all in the house whatsoever..its kind of frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post

According to NamUs the location was 300 Newmarket St. in Philadelphia. Searching that address on google maps came up nothing. It redirects to 300 Market st, which is in a downtown urban area. I was able to find a New Market st also located in a urban area. The only thing was the street addresses ranged only from 900-1000's, but there was a vacant lot in between the otherwise connected buildings/houses.
    Who Killed Bryan Smith?

Say hello 2 heaven Chris Cornell

Philadelphia Inquirer - August 14, 1973
    Attached Images Attached Images

Front and Vine. That's a little out of the way, near all the highways. I don't think I have been back that way at that intersection, but I am on Front Street every week, near one of America's oldest alleys. Lots of rebuilt and historic areas, and just hidden places back there. How can a guy die and stay there for so long? Who took over the property?
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

Quote Originally Posted by CCJD View Post

Philadelphia Inquirer - August 14, 1973
    wow great find.. this is so weird though.. it does not seem like it was a little house in the middle of nowhere.. seems as though it was more residential or city.. there had to be some info as who owned the property and there must of been people near by.. this article mentions a Coat but does not mention any other clothing ID or items found with the guy.. You think article would mention more info
    Last edited by madamx; 12-05-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast