GUILTY NV - Crystal Figueroa, 3, beaten to death, Las Vegas, 12 Jan 2006

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A swarm of cops and volunteers came up empty Friday after hours spent combing a neighborhood for clues as to the identity of a toddler found dead in a trash bin nearby.

As medical examiners tried to determine how the girl died and scrutinized her clothing for evidence, residents of The Fountains at Villa Cordova apartments, near Sahara and Eastern avenues, expressed dismay at the callous method used to dispose of her body in their complex.

By Friday afternoon, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was preparing a manipulated photograph of the dead child's face to make it appear she was alive in hopes of turning up more leads. Authorities planned to distribute the image on posters and put it on a mobile billboard to be set up in the area.

Based on the time frame for when trash haulers emptied the bin, police presume the body was dumped between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. The girl had not been dead for long when she was discovered, Simpson said.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Jan-14-Sat-2006/news/5357127.html

Clothing- a blue sleeveless shirt, lt. purple nylon pants, and a white fleece jacket decorated with pink hearts.

sketch.jpg

Composite Sketch
babydoe.jpg
map.jpg
jacket.jpg

mysteriew said:
Clothing- a blue sleeveless shirt, lt. purple nylon pants, and a white fleece jacket decorated with pink hearts.
You'd think the parents that bought her a white jacket decorated with pink hearts would not throw her away in the trash.

They have added a manipulated photo to the link provided above.

I went back to search for some updates, hoping she had been id'd, but didn't find anything, though it looks as though additional info has been added to the article.

What a sweet face.

I hope this child is identified and whoever is responsible for throwing her away is found. There are a disturbing number of children whose bodies remain unidentified. What kind of world is this?

How heartbreaking.:(
What a little dolly...

unfathomable.

I know the police have to start somewhere and logically it would be the area she was found in since that's all they know so far but I'm sure she isn't from that immediate area. I was curious about the description of clothing and wondered what the weather was like? I don't see anything about shoes. I didn't see an approximate age either but toddler indicates to me a child under school age.

I'm sure if her death was accidental then she wouldn't have ended up in a dumpster. If the parents didn't want her then why didn't they just hand her to the state? At least she'd have a chance at adoption. I hate these stories.

strach304 said:
I know the police have to start somewhere and logically it would be the area she was found in since that's all they know so far but I'm sure she isn't from that immediate area. I was curious about the description of clothing and wondered what the weather was like? I don't see anything about shoes. I didn't see an approximate age either but toddler indicates to me a child under school age.

I believe the approximate age was thought to be about 3 yrs old.

I think she is(was) an illegal immigrant, after checking the weather for that area I see no reason why she would've had a sleeveless top on and nylon pants unless she came from a warmer climate. No mention of shoes so a pair of sandals is what I'd expect. The jacket might be a good lead for LE to track down because someone from a shelter or church may have given it to them. If she died of disease or any natural causes what were the parent or parents gonna do without getting caught and deported?

I fear her case will turn out like the little boy's story that is posted on this site and they have managed to track his clothes to wal-mart. I'm sure there is an underground for some of these people where others in the country are trying to help them especially with all that we know is going on in illegal human trafficking. Very dangerous and that's why noone who knows them will talk. I just read a news story today about the mexican mafia hiring a gang called the m-13's or something like that as hit men to combat the border control authorities. To me she looks of south american descent as does the little boy I mentioned I'm sure most here are familiar with his story as well.

Someone on doe said that that coat is a pretty expensive coat. I can't find a site that lists it specifically but I saw one that had similar coats and they were $70+. But you can't go by clothes, she could've gotten it anywhere as someone else mentioned a church shelter or a Goodwill.

http://www.crimeweb.net/details.asp?id=7619

7619.jpg

General Information

Hispanic Female 2-3 Years Old
Height: 3'1" (94 cm)
Weight: 27 lbs (12 kg)
Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown

Incident Details
The image is a forensic reconstruction of a young girl found deceased on 01-12-06 at 2800 S. Eastern, Las Vegas, NV (see map link below). The jacket and shirt depicted in the image were the clothes she was wearing when discovered. In additon to the jacket and shirt, she was wearing purple jogging pants with light pink tights with yellow ties around the waist and ankles of the jogging pants. The jacket is size 3T.

A forensic reconstruction is not a photograph and certain techniques may have been done by the artist to complete the image.

If you have any information that could lead to the identification of this child or the circumstances surrounding her death, call the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Missing Persons Detail at (702) 229-LOST (5678), the Clark County(NV) Coroner's Office at (702) 455-3210 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (843-5678).
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST) or contact NCMEC Cold Case Review Unit at 1-877-446-2632, ext. 6235 or 6295 or The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Missing Person Detail at (702) 229-LOST (5678)

oh for God's SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fricking frucking people. Poor baby. :furious: :furious:

that poor child. What's wrong with their heads?

You do? Where is the thread? I did a search and nothing came up!

Yes please merge or disregard this thread.... just tell me where the other thread is please.

Police believe the child may be from out of State, or even Mexico. They are trying to get the message out as far as possible.

It's in the located forum titled UID girl found in dumpster. That one was started yesterday and there are posts there you might wanna read too.

Poor baby. I hope she's given her name and justice very soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back