805 users online (159 members and 646 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 512
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    More than likely they were carried off by animals. She lay out there for nearly three years. I think she was walked into those woods after the rape and shot there, and left there. All her stuff found along the road was to keep the focus away from where the body was.

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,635
    I didn't see this posted


    Burton S. Staggs
    12 hrs ·
    Zach Adams offered to plea guilty at least two times prior to the trial
    According to a source with knowledge of the plea negations Zach Adams made at least two attempts to plea guilty before the Holly Bobo trial. The source said that Adams approached the state about a plea of guilty which would have him serve 25 years and at a later date a plea that would have him serve 45 years. According to that source both offers were decline by the state of TN

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...07291309290215

  3. #438
    SteveS is offline Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,095
    Quote Originally Posted by terpstra1 View Post
    I have a question about discovery. Would JA be untitled to see all of the discovery or only the discovery that pertained to himself?
    Having been charged with all the crimes, JA would have been REQUIRED to get to see and absorb every piece of evidence they had about any and all of the crimes. By the time he made his initial offer to testify, he had had almost three years to explore LE's evidence and get his "preferred story" set up that would lay the bulk of the blame elsewhere, with an offer to testify to it in court in exchange for a sweetheart deal.

    It should be noted, for those unfamiliar, that in most trials the witnesses are insulated from knowing what others testify to, to try to help prevent this type of testimony (testimony tailored to match that of others) from happening. They can't even sit in the courtroom before it's their turn to testify, lest they glean some info to tailor their account. And when done that way, a matching of their details becomes significant.

    However, in this case, the matching could tell us nothing objective or meaningful, because JA knew what everyone else would testify. All he had to do was tailor his testimony to match what the others were going to say, and then it would look like his testimony was corroborated. In essence they had given him the exact script to use, with extreme motivation to follow it, and he had plenty of time to rehearse it and make it believable.
    REMINDER: All my comments are IMO AFAIK
    All posts are offered imo and to the best of my knowledge.

  4. #439
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    920

    Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017 penalty phase LWOP

    Well, if JA's story is lies, then what about ZA's story? We know ZA cleaned up a truck, washed mattresses with water, got scrapes, threatened to kill his gfriend, desperately wanted a gun from his grandfather in a big freak out the day of murder, his white truck possibly observed by a neighbor a few days prior....etc. So why was there no clear cut story/alibi of Zach's whereabouts?
    Even Casey Anthony had a Zanny the Nanny and 'dad did it' story, and the jury bought it!
    P.S. Anyone ever clean their mattresses by hosing them down? Must be a neat nik.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aydrianna523; 10-06-2017 at 01:37 AM.

  5. #440
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    I didn't see this posted

    Burton S. Staggs
    12 hrs ·

    Zach Adams offered to plea guilty at least two times prior to the trial

    According to a source with knowledge of the plea negations Zach Adams made at least two attempts to plea guilty before the Holly Bobo trial. The source said that Adams approached the state about a plea of guilty which would have him serve 25 years and at a later date a plea that would have him serve 45 years. According to that source both offers were decline by the state of TN

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...07291309290215



    JMO but this reporter is a johnny come lately on this case ... I followed some of his Tweets during the trial and IMO, Staggs came across as he was the only one who had the inside scoop.

    I sure would like to know WHO is feeding him this info ...

    IF Staggs' above statement on is true, then I want to hear it from ZA or his attorney, Jennifer T ... until then, I don't know IF I believe it.

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  6. #441
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    I think JA may be the one who actually killed her, not that it makes ZA any less guilty of murder because he participated in the crime.

    I wonder if we'll ever know what happened to her body after she was killed.

    It makes no sense to me that only her scull, some teeth, and ribs were found. No bones from her arms or hands and no bones from her lower body, and IIRC, no bones from her spine. None.

    How can that be if her whole body was disposed of in one place?

    I have the same questions.

    1st BBM: I hope so.

    2nd BBM: Agree.

    3rd BBM: Agree ... JMO but here a few possibilities ... and my apologies for being so graphic:

    What if she was disposed where her items and these bones were found, could it be the animals took the bones and dragged them through the wooded area ? The bones that were missing are larger - so do animals like "larger" bones ?

    What if the perps did "gut" her - "gut" being the word JA used when he testified -- and threw some of the body in the nearby water, and left some of the body at the location she was found ?

    For quite some time, **rumor** was she was killed in one place and moved to another place ... then you have ZA's brother Dylan statement to LE, in which he claimed that Holly was at ZA's house with JA and SA. That is why LE tore Zach's house apart looking for any evidence that Holly was there ... but they found nothing at ZA's house. They even searched the yard, the well, etc, and NOTHING - NO evidence linking Holly there.

    What if she was killed somewhere else, "gutted" there, and then the perps dumped some of the body where she was gutted and being the "sickos" that they are, dumped the rest of the body in the woods ?

    I have so many questions about this evidence found ... so when I get the time, off to the "Evidence Thread" here ...

    Last edited by dog.gone.cute; 10-06-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  7. #442
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410


    Here is the link to the Post Trial Discussion of Evidence Thread here at WS:

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...on-of-evidence


    JMO but I think the evidence - or rather LACK of evidence - is a good subject for debate ...

    Don't want to tie up this thread so I will try to move the discussion there.

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  8. #443
    SteveS is offline Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,095
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    IF Staggs' above statement on is true, then I want to hear it from ZA or his attorney, Jennifer T ... until then, I don't know IF I believe it.
    To be fair, that's an impossible criteria that can never be met. Neither ZA nor his atty can admit anything because of the nature of the appeals process.

    But even if they did answer the question, it's not necessarily the ultimate word, since the plea process doesn't lend answers that are as perfect as we would like to think.

    It's possible that such an offer never happened, of course.

    But if it did, it doesn't quite tell us an answer with any certainty. All it indicates is that ZA felt his path to the best OUTCOME (not necessarily the fairest) was via a negotiation rather than the whims of a jury. It's not unheard of for a defendant who is innocent to plead guilty because they think the system is rigged where they are going to be legally lynched, and they see no better recourse. So there's that.

    I am a bit bothered, if there is truth to this report of such offers, inasmuch as it would be a leak from the prosecution, and would be intended to taint the public perception (as regards either the prosecutors themselves, or ZA) as well as influence the appeals, rather than simply letting the jury and the trial speak.
    REMINDER: All my comments are IMO AFAIK
    All posts are offered imo and to the best of my knowledge.

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    To be fair, that's an impossible criteria that can never be met. Neither ZA nor his atty can admit anything because of the nature of the appeals process.

    But even if they did answer the question, it's not necessarily the ultimate word, since the plea process doesn't lend answers that are as perfect as we would like to think.

    It's possible that such an offer never happened, of course.

    But if it did, it doesn't quite tell us an answer with any certainty. All it indicates is that ZA felt his path to the best OUTCOME (not necessarily the fairest) was via a negotiation rather than the whims of a jury. It's not unheard of for a defendant who is innocent to plead guilty because they think the system is rigged where they are going to be legally lynched, and they see no better recourse. So there's that.

    I am a bit bothered, if there is truth to this report of such offers, inasmuch as it would be a leak from the prosecution, and would be intended to taint the public perception (as regards either the prosecutors themselves, or ZA) as well as influence the appeals, rather than simply letting the jury and the trial speak.



    Hi Steve, Very good points ... oh, it may not have come across as such, but I was trying to be somewhat "sarcastic" in my comment about ZA and JT

    I remember after the Verdict and Sentencing Agreement, JT admitted to plea talks during the trial.

    From News Channel 5:

    Thompson revealed there had actually been plea talks during the trial -- but, Adams refused to listen hoping for an acquittal.

    Link: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/def...o-murder-trial


    Also from News Channel 5:

    "When she said look at me ... he was looking at her. He sat there with a neutral expression on his face," said Thompson who after sentencing approached Karen.

    "Karen Bobo was standing there and I said may I speak to you? She said yes. I just want you to know what you did today is an incredible gift to my client," said Thompson.

    Karen had said the decision had nothing to do with Adams, but more with the future of her family.


    Link: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/def...o-murder-trial


    JMO but it was totally inappropriate for Jennifer Thompson to approach Karen after that Sentencing Agreement was reached and make such a comment. I mean really, WTH ?

    Yes, ZA was found guilty, however, he is entitled to a proper appeal by law. But his attorney should have just kept

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  10. #445
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    2,259
    Staggs was disclosing that the Adams team offered a plea deal PRIOR to trial, which is different then the offers that occurred during the trial. I can't imagine the state would have ever offered a sentence that would allow him to walk the streets or require hearings about his getting out.

    The pleas offers during the trial came from the state, IIRC.

    Burton S. Staggs
    Yesterday at 12:25pm ·
    Zach Adams offered to plea guilty at least two times prior to the trial
    According to a source with knowledge of the plea negations Zach Adams made at least two attempts to plea guilty before the Holly Bobo trial. The source said that Adams approached the state about a plea of guilty which would have him serve 25 years and at a later date a plea that would have him serve 45 years. According to that source both offers were decline by the state of TN
    Violence diminishes our humanity. ~Coretta Scott King


  11. #446
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,710
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    I have the same questions.

    1st BBM: I hope so.

    2nd BBM: Agree.

    3rd BBM: Agree ... JMO but here a few possibilities ... and my apologies for being so graphic:

    What if she was disposed where her items and these bones were found, could it be the animals took the bones and dragged them through the wooded area ? The bones that were missing are larger - so do animals like "larger" bones ?

    What if the perps did "gut" her - "gut" being the word JA used when he testified -- and threw some of the body in the nearby water, and left some of the body at the location she was found ?

    For quite some time, **rumor** was she was killed in one place and moved to another place ... then you have ZA's brother Dylan statement to LE, in which he claimed that Holly was at ZA's house with JA and SA. That is why LE tore Zach's house apart looking for any evidence that Holly was there ... but they found nothing at ZA's house. They even searched the yard, the well, etc, and NOTHING - NO evidence linking Holly there.

    What if she was killed somewhere else, "gutted" there, and then the perps dumped some of the body where she was gutted and being the "sickos" that they are, dumped the rest of the body in the woods ?

    I have so many questions about this evidence found ... so when I get the time, off to the "Evidence Thread" here ...

    Warning: may be too graphic for some. Continue reading at your own discretion.

    A coyote den was found close to the remains that were discovered. It was reported that the den was cleared out and searched and nothing was found. The long bone in the leg, the femur, is one of the hardest bones in the body. Scavenger animals, like coyotes, eat the soft tissue like the fat, muscles, and skin. They do eat bones but of all the bones, the ribs would probably be amongst the best and easiest to devour but they were recovered. I'm just not buying that they dragged away or ate every single bone except the ribs, and of course the scull.

    Skeletal remains of people have been found decades after they passed away and many of the bones, if not all, are recovered in the same place. Why so few in this case?

    Zach allegedly said he was there for the worst of it. What did he mean by that?

  12. #447
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    I didn't see this posted


    Burton S. Staggs
    12 hrs ·
    Zach Adams offered to plea guilty at least two times prior to the trial
    According to a source with knowledge of the plea negations Zach Adams made at least two attempts to plea guilty before the Holly Bobo trial. The source said that Adams approached the state about a plea of guilty which would have him serve 25 years and at a later date a plea that would have him serve 45 years. According to that source both offers were decline by the state of TN

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...07291309290215
    If this is true, and i have no reason to believe it isnt, im blown away. I think the state took quite a chance not taking his plea. Although im sure of his guilt Imo this was not a slam dunk case.


    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  13. #448
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Warning: may be too graphic for some. Continue reading at your own discretion.

    A coyote den was found close to the remains that were discovered. It was reported that the den was cleared out and searched and nothing was found. The long bone in the leg, the femur, is one of the hardest bones in the body. Scavenger animals, like coyotes, eat the soft tissue like the fat, muscles, and skin. They do eat bones but of all the bones, the ribs would probably be amongst the best and easiest to devour but they were recovered. I'm just not buying that they dragged away or ate every single bone except the ribs, and of course the scull.

    Skeletal remains of people have been found decades after they passed away and many of the bones, if not all, are recovered in the same place. Why so few in this case?

    Zach allegedly said he was there for the worst of it. What did he mean by that?
    Oh, yes, the worst of it. I remember now...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #449
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,812
    I don't really care about 'who did what' to Holly, out of the 4 *******s that were involved. I don't care if JA told the exact truth about 'who, what, when' it all went down.

    I just want to KNOW that it was these four POS's that did this evil deed. That is all I need to take away from JA's testimony. Were these the 4 guys that kidnapped and defiled this sweet girl?

    They all need to be locked up. I don't care who took her from the carport, or who had the idea, or who planned it or who wrapped her in the blanket...I DON"T CARE. They ALL need to be held equally responsible and need to be in
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  15. #450
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,710
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post


    Hi Steve, Very good points ... oh, it may not have come across as such, but I was trying to be somewhat "sarcastic" in my comment about ZA and JT

    I remember after the Verdict and Sentencing Agreement, JT admitted to plea talks during the trial.

    From News Channel 5:

    Thompson revealed there had actually been plea talks during the trial -- but, Adams refused to listen hoping for an acquittal.

    Link: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/def...o-murder-trial


    Also from News Channel 5:

    "When she said look at me ... he was looking at her. He sat there with a neutral expression on his face," said Thompson who after sentencing approached Karen.

    "Karen Bobo was standing there and I said may I speak to you? She said yes. I just want you to know what you did today is an incredible gift to my client," said Thompson.

    Karen had said the decision had nothing to do with Adams, but more with the future of her family.


    Link: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/def...o-murder-trial


    JMO but it was totally inappropriate for Jennifer Thompson to approach Karen after that Sentencing Agreement was reached and make such a comment. I mean really, WTH ?

    Yes, ZA was found guilty, however, he is entitled to a proper appeal by law. But his attorney should have just kept

    I totally agree. This woman got up in front of that jury in her opening and closing statements and emphatically stated her client had nothing to do with this terrible crime. And then she thanks Karen Bobo after the trial for agreeing to LWOP? What happened to 'her client did't do it'? Why on earth would she think Karen Bobo would want to hear anything she had to say after what she had just been though.

    Another wonky thing she did was to make the statement that ZA didn't want to make a deal during the trial because he thought she had created enough reasonable doubt. If she wasn't going to/couldn't say he didn't want to make a deal because he didn't do it, then she should have said nothing.

    Nothing like a defense attorney who makes you look guilty for sure by making dumb statements.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 886
    Last Post: 09-23-2017, 10:40 AM
  2. Replies: 1059
    Last Post: 09-21-2017, 02:17 PM
  3. Replies: 1115
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 08:47 AM
  4. Replies: 1183
    Last Post: 09-15-2017, 08:45 AM
  5. Replies: 781
    Last Post: 09-13-2017, 08:42 AM

Tags for this Thread