1108 users online (173 members and 935 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamelateach5 View Post
    I'm a newbie, so forgive me, if this post is not in the right place. I want to ask how far off the road was Holly's remains found, and is the terrain hard to get over?

    Hello and

    The link below has some photos from day 3 of the trial ... I think there are some photos that may answer your question.

    http://www.newschannel5.com/news/pho...rder-trial#id0


    If I find any more, I will post.

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    I am not understanding the importance of NB not testifying.
    I don't see how her testimony could have harmed the state's case.


    Not saying I believe this - but hypothetically say the defense showed a connection between Holly and ZA - even say she bought pills from ZA or through NB - which I don't believe - but even if she did that does not lessen the guilt of the 4 accused - it does not justify gang rape or murder - even if the victim puts themselves in harms way it does not justify those unspeakably horrible crimes.


    1st BBM: In my opinion, NB was the link to the A's ...

    2nd BBM: And NB's testimony did NOT fit the Version No. 2 of the State's case - the JA Version.

    Version No. 1 of the State's case was Dylan's interrogation which was presented before the Grand Jury.

    ALL JMO and
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,337
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I don't believe either side wanted her on the stand. I think she was too unpredictable for both.

    She was dangerous for the State because of what she might have said about Clint and his possible connection with any drug usage or connections to the defendants, over time. They are the same age in the same rural area.

    She was dangerous for the defense because she knew way too much about Zach and friends. JMO

    I agree with the above !
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,337
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    ReaLLY? At the trial for her dead, murdered cousin, it wouldn't be a problem that she offered her cousin up sexually to the murderer?

    I can't imagine it wouldn't be a problem, stripper or not.
    I totally understand your point here ... But her absence speaks volumes IMO ... I posted earlier that she had made some statements to the MSM very early on ... but then poof !

    My question is why ?

    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,367
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    I totally understand your point here ... But her absence speaks volumes IMO ... I posted earlier that she had made some statements to the MSM very early on ... but then poof !

    My question is why ?

    I think the reason she was absent was because it was easier for all involved.

    It was better and easier for NB, and for her family.

    And less dangerous for both the state and the defense,

    So everyone just let it be. JMO
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

  6. #66
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is online now Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,232
    There was compelling evidence, and enough of it, to convince this jury, so they said through their verdict. To me that means they believed at least some of JA's testimony, if not most or even all of it. I myself believed the major parts of JA's testimony and it was those major parts that had corroboration.

    As for NB and what she could have added, it might have added to the "why take Holly/motive" question. If ZA became aware of HB because NB showed him a picture and if NB had indicated a sexual tryst was possible, that would certainly be of interest to ZA, even if what NB said wasn't the least bit true. And, if it was a lie ZA told and NB never said it and never showed ZA a picture, it doesn't help ZA anyway. The defense wouldn't want to show any ties between ZA and the Bobo women and NB would potentially be a link.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,041
    I'd like to know how close Holly and NB actually were. When they last had contact. When NB last had contact with any of Holly's family members i.e. Mother, father or brother! <modsnip> What was the question asked to Holly that morning to have her respond with a "No, why?" (Clint heard those words or similar words anyway). Was she asked if NB had been in touch with her? (or a similar question involving NB). <modsnip>. All MOO
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 10-04-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: against TOS

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    I have been watching the trial on YouTube. Why would Jason Autry say that Zach Adams went there to teach Clint how to make meth? I’ve tried to read everything I could and I can’t find where Clint had any connection to drugs. Why didn’t he just say Zach went there to abduct her. Her remains were also not found where Autry said Zach told him they were. If he lied about part of his testimony, how do we know he wasn’t lying about all of it? Maybe he was in it from the beginning.......

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamelateach5 View Post
    I have been watching the trial on YouTube. Why would Jason Autry say that Zach Adams went there to teach Clint how to make meth? Iíve tried to read everything I could and I canít find where Clint had any connection to drugs. Why didnít he just say Zach went there to abduct her. Her remains were also not found where Autry said Zach told him they were. If he lied about part of his testimony, how do we know he wasnít lying about all of it? Maybe he was in it from the beginning.......
    JA testified that ZA told him he went there to teach Clint how to make meths. ZA could very well have told JA that. Doesn't make it true, but ZA may not have wanted to tell JA he was there solely to kidnap Holly. As far as we know, Clint was not involved in anyway. I don't recall ZA's telling JA exactly where Hollys remains were, just that they were buried or they got rid of her body. SA (Shayne Austin) apparently told LE where Hollys body was buried but when LE went to the location, they could not find Hollys body/remains. It's quite possible, SA was telling the truth but her body was removed. If my memory has failed me (anybody), please feel free to correct me. TIA

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    ZA told JA he dumped the body at a place called Kelly’s Ridge, but that’s not where the remains were found.


  11. #71
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is online now Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,232
    JA repeated what he said ZA told him (about HB's abduction). If what ZA said was a lie, then he's the liar and JA was repeating it, not knowing if it was true.

    If JA wasn't himself at the Bobo residence, and there's no evidence he was, then he would have no first-hand knowledge of abduction details beyond what ZA or SA told him.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamelateach5 View Post
    ZA told JA he dumped the body at a place called Kellyís Ridge, but thatís not where the remains were found.

    Can anyone point out where Kelly's Ridge is?

    Since so little was found of Holly's bones, it is also possible there might be bones at Kelly's Ridge, just not surfaced like the ones near the cell tower.
    Last edited by AmandaReckonwith; 10-03-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

    "LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,337
    Quote Originally Posted by UndiscoveredTruth View Post
    I'd like to know how close Holly and NB actually were.
    When they last had contact.
    When NB last had contact with any of Holly's family members i.e. Mother, father or brother! <modsnip>
    What was the question asked to Holly that morning to have her respond with a "No, why?" (Clint heard those words or similar words anyway). Was she asked if NB had been in touch with her? (or a similar question involving NB).
    <modsnip> All MOO

    I like your questions ... ... and I have the same questions.

    1st BBM: From what I have read, apparently at one time they were close.

    2nd BBM: Now that is one of the many $64,000 questions that I have regarding this case ... I thought we would have found out these answers at trial -- we didn't -- I have more questions after the trial then I did 6+ years ago.

    3rd & 4th BBM: I totally agree ... IMO, she was the "link" to the A's ... not saying that she was involved, just linked.


    Also I went "digging" in the MSM for references to NB - they are out there from early on in the case IF you can find them.

    Here is an excerpt from CNN Nancy Grace Show with a reference to NB:

    DNA Results in Holly Bobo Case

    Aired April 20, 2011 - 20:00:00 ET

    DEBORAH NORVILLE, GUEST HOST: Breaking news tonight as we go live to Tennessee and the continuing mystery of a beautiful nursing student, the cousin of a rising country music star, who has gone missing without a trace. Investigators have turned to roadblocks, stopping Holly Bobo`s neighbors to question them about suspicious activities they might have seen in the area, her last known sighting by her own brother, who says he saw her being led into the woods by a mystery man in camouflage. The brother reportedly found flecks of blood across the lawn, prompting him to call 911. Then Holly`s lunchbox is found discarded in the woods, and reportedly also found, duct tape with blond hair.

    ........

    NORVILLE: Well, for instance, it`s being reported by one magazine that there were flecks of blood in the lawn. Would that be how he`s described it to you?

    BROMLEY: He`s not described it to me.

    NORVILLE: Has the family shared what he said?

    BROMLEY: No. No. We`ve not talked at length about what Clint witnessed that day.

    NORVILLE: As you know, we have spoken off-camera with other family members, and Natalie Bobo, who`s a cousin of Holly who`s gone missing, said to us that Clint had indicated that he had taken a polygraph test and passed it. Can you confirm that?

    BROMLEY: I don`t know that to be sure. Has the investigators said anything about that?

    NORVILLE: Well, this is a family member who has told us, and we`re trying to confirm that with you as the family spokesperson.

    BROMLEY: Right. I don`t know that to be factual. That would be something you`d have to talk with the investigators about.


    Link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../20/ng.01.html
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 10-04-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: snipped quoted post
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    The more I think about it, I don’t believe any of Jason Autry’s story. I think Holly was taken up to that cell tower, walked into the woods and raped and then shot. She stayed there until her remains were found. If Zach Adams killed her I believe that’s where it happened. Who wants to lug a dead body 400 yards into those woods. Then that person made a loop and headed back toward Parsons throwing some of her things out of the vehicle to focus attention away from where the body was. Just my opinion.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    297
    Imo the where was NB and why didn't she testify questions are moot. They obviously didn't need her as they won a conviction without her. Zacks atty. couldn't call her. She would have contradicted that he had never seen her.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 151
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 04:48 PM
  2. Evidence that was not discussed during the trial
    By Kimster in forum Allison Baden-Clay of Australia
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 09:26 PM
  3. Post verdict discussion of evidence
    By sunshine05 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 08:07 PM