Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Hearing on Dunn evidence delayed; defense wants statements tossed

A decision on whether statements Scott A. Dunn made to police the day his wife was found beaten to death inside her parents’ burning Grove City home can be used at his trial will have to wait another month.
    A suppression hearing on that question has been postponed for a second time due to scheduling problems with the prosecution, said Mercer County District Attorney James P. Epstein.

Originally set for Feb. 7 and then rescheduled for Wednesday, the hearing — at which the judge will also consider a request for a venue change — will be at 1:30 p.m. April 4 before Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Thomas R. Dobson.

More at the link http://www.sharonherald.com/local/lo...063214657.html
    Retired 08/03/03

A Grove City man admitted in Mercer County court yesterday to killing his wife and setting their house on fire.

More at link http://www.insidebutlercounty.com/in...etail&id=26233

Mercer County Man Admits To Killing Wife In Rage

Couple Fought Over Excessive Partying, Drugs

POSTED: 5:23 pm EDT June 6, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:24 pm EDT June 6, 2007

MERCER COUNTY, Pa. -- A Mercer County man described Wednesday how he killed his newlywed wife and tried to cover up the crime.

more at link http://www.wpxi.com/news/13455956/detail.html
    Last edited by AeroFanRW; 06-08-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add

He'll be sentenced on Thursday, August 9th before Mercer County Judge Tom Dobson. He faces up to 52 years in prison.

I'm curious to see what kind of sentence he gets.
    Retired 08/03/03

He got 24 yrs, 4 mos to 52 years in prison. Says he was not a man at that time, but now accepts full responsibility. Drugs were his problem. Lots of time to think about it all.

Unfortunately, that problem extended to killing his wife. So sad.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Dunn gets 24 to 52 years for killing wife

From the long article:

In court, Epstein talked of a “savage” attack that shattered Mrs. Dunn’s skull and noted the significance of where Dunn dumped gasoline and set fires — his wife’s body, their wedding gifts and their bed.

“(Dunn) didn’t just strike out in anger,” Epstein said. “He obliterated her.”

Before Dunn was sentenced, several members of Mrs. Dunn’s family spoke about her murder and the affect it has had on them.

Her father said the past 18 months have been full of trauma and pain.

“When the charred and scarred remains of your daughter are lowered into the ground you realize there are no second chances and you’ll never see your little girl again,” Montgomery said.

Help with Pennsylvania case!

Hello,

Can anyone help me remember this compelling case? It happened in the early 2000's in Pennsylvania. There was a newly married couple and their house was burned down. I cannot remember if the husband did it or not. The wife was a Steeler's fan. There was something about maybe cocaine was involved and they were partiers. No matter. The house was owned by her parents who resided in California. This case has always fascinated me and I am trying to remember what happened. The girl was pretty. I believe the arsonist struck and she was burned in the house. What was this case? The last name may have begun with a "B". At any rate, I just started thinking of it again. Thanks in advance.

Western Colorado

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westerncolorado For This Useful Post:

Got it! Brandi Dunn

9. The Following User Says Thank You to westerncolorado For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19