Found Deceased LA - Michael Nickelotte, 21, Baton Rouge, 18 Sept 2017

Dalagali

Reaction score
BATON ROUGE - The LSU Police Department is searching for a student last seen on Monday, September 18.

Police are searching for 21-year-old Michael Nickelotte, who was last seen by his roommate around 1 a.m. on Monday.

It is believed that Nickelotte left on his own, according to police.

Police describe Nickelotte as 6’1’’ tall, with blue eyes and a close-cropped military style haircut.

Anyone with any information on Nickelotte’s whereabouts is urged to call LSU Police at 225-578-3231.

http://www.wwltv.com/mobile/article...ing-for-missing-21-year-old-student/478173008

http://www.wwltv.com/img/resize/con...214338333_11222462_ver1.0.jpg?preset=mb_large

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope he is safe...

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/lsu-police-searching-for-missing-21-year-old-student/478173008
2a16aabb6c980bde3de2446745c56a7f.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Football game hindering search:
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_d9424cce-a0c6-11e7-b17a-975597180e56.html

The father of an LSU student who's been missing for close to a week has created a Facebook group to broadcast updates, in which he voiced concern about how the search has been handled thus far.

In the public Facebook page composed of more than 400 members, Michael Nickelotte Sr. recounted on Saturday the details of his son's disappearance and police response, which he said he believes has been hindered by LSU football.

"I feel no advance of my sons case has been accomplished recently and in the days ahead because of the gridlock on campus due to the LSU home game," he wrote to the more than 400 members of the public group page.

Michael Nickelotte Jr., 21, was reported missing after he was last seen Sept. 18 at East Campus Apartments and is believed to have left on his own, police said.

He added that his son apparently left without his cell phone, computer, wallet and IDs, and car keys. His car was left parked on campus as well, he said.

Nickelotte announced that a small group of friends and family will conduct a search on Sunday around his son's apartment complex to "uncover areas of focus" that law enforcement officials can pursue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we had more info on this case. Why did Michael leave? Was there a fight? Drinking? Where is the roommate in all this? And once again LE is being spectacularly unhelpful in a missing person case.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Someone on his page posted that if he were in a hospital or a mental health facility (perhaps as a John Doe), no one would be able to verify at those facilities because of HIPPA laws. Someone needs to make sure every facility in his area has a missing poster.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Uh oh. I never like to see when someone leaves on their own without phone or belongings. I am nervous for what his dad is going to find

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We are all just heartsick over this. Surely, there are cameras and witnesses to what he was doing and with whom prior to his disappearance.

Who saw him at the apartment?

Why was he leaving on foot if he has a car?

Someone isn't telling the truth.

There is just no news on this case and its making me nuts!

Please be found safe, Michael! Someone must know, or have seen, something!

I wish we had more info on this case. Why did Michael leave? Was there a fight? Drinking? Where is the roommate in all this? And once again LE is being spectacularly unhelpful in a missing person case.

I agree. It would be nice to know what happened just before he was last seen. A last seen time of 1am would lead me to believe it was after being out during the night. Was he with friends earlier? Maybe the "last seen" info is not that important in this case. Who saw him earlier in the night?

Friend of his here - it is unusual for Michael to be up that late at night. He was in Mendeville with his family earlier that day, then went home to his apartment on LSU's campus. My understanding is that he was in his room, went to the bathroom (when the roommate saw him), then left the bathroom and the apartment. His roommate heard him leave, but had already shut the door to go to bed.

Michael is in the Marines. He has combat and survival skills. It's unlikely to me that someone abducted him because Michael can put up a fight. Grant it, Michael does have an injury in his left knee, but that has long been healed and he's getting it back up to full strength.

Friend of his here - it is unusual for Michael to be up that late at night. He was in Mendeville with his family earlier that day, then went home to his apartment on LSU's campus. My understanding is that he was in his room, went to the bathroom (when the roommate saw him), then left the bathroom and the apartment. His roommate heard him leave, but had already shut the door to go to bed.

Michael is in the Marines. He has combat and survival skills. It's unlikely to me that someone abducted him because Michael can put up a fight. Grant it, Michael does have an injury in his left knee, but that has long been healed and he's getting it back up to full strength.
Hi, has Michael served in Irac or Afghanistan? Could he have PTSD? Or any other reason to panic and take off?

Does he have many friends? Have they been proactive in trying to help find him?

It bothers me that the Campus isn't being more helpful here. There should have been organised grid searches with many students done by now.

I pray he is found soon, unharmed. So many of these cases end this way. The young person just needed to check out for awhile. Prayers to all of his family and friends.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This worries me. I can't think of a good reason for this young man to walk out without keys, phone and wallet. Not saying his roomate has anything to do with Michael's disappearance but I would want to have a long talk with him. JMO

Welcome to the board golden and thank you for your insight. I have a couple of questions and maybe some observations I wonder if you could comment. If he was stepping outside to meet someone would he need a key or a fob to get back into his building? If he was going to visit another student in his building would his apartment door lock automatically? Is his building equipped with security cameras? Does the building use keys or fobs? Did he have a girlfriend on campus?

I appreciate what u r saying about him being able to defend himself but I suggest if something happened to him it was probably someone he knew and not someone he would have his guard up with. I am sending good wishes to you that your friend is found safely.

I PRAY I am wrong, but this is eerily similar to Andrew Sadek. I really hope I am wrong.

He hasn't served overseas or been in combat, he's just trained. He is extremely reserved and quiet, so he doesn't have many friends. Extremely introverted. But everyone that I know of has been involved in the search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back