MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #2 *Suspect found Dead during Trial*

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
LauraElizabethWallen_1504731180444_4102441_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Police searching for missing pregnant Maryland teacher

September 7, 2017

Montgomery County police are asking for help to find a missing pregnant Maryland school teacher. Police say 31-year-old Laura Elizabeth Wallen, of Olney, was last heard from on Sunday, Sept. 3, after she contacted her family by what police call a 'troubling' text message. Since then, Wallen’s family members have not been able to reach her.

According to police, there is concern for Wallen’s emotional and physical welfare.

Wallen is described as a white female who is at least three months pregnant. She is 5’5” tall, weighs 200 pounds and has blonde hair and blue eyes. Investigators believe that she may be driving a black 2011 Ford Escape with Maryland tags M522473. Anyone with information about Wallen is asked to call police at 301-279-8000.

Body of missing pregnant Maryland teacher found; boyfriend arrested

September 13, 2017

Montgomery County police said they have arrested the boyfriend of a missing pregnant teacher after her body was found in a shallow grave Wednesday afternoon.

[...]

After nine days of searching and investigating, Montgomery County Police Chief Thomas Manger said at around noon Wednesday, detectives and a police search and rescue team conducted a search warrant in a wooded area near Prices Distillery Road in Damascus. With the help of K-9 dogs, detectives located Wallen's body in a shallow grave at a secluded field. She was around four months pregnant at the time of her death.

Her boyfriend, Tyler Tessier, was later arrested at around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and charged with Wallen's murder. Investigators said it will be up to the Montgomery County State's Attorney's Office to determine if Tessier will face a murder charge for their unborn child.

Thread #1

IRT the texting the other woman.

She could have just as easily been meeting with her to assure her that she wasn't trying to usurp her position in <modsnip> life.

But we will never know. And I suspect it is THAT meeting that put <modsnip> over the edge and made him act. Once both the ladies got in the same room, all his lies would start unraveling. Because if I was him *shudders* I would have told Laura that I met GF (omitted fiance part!) before finding out she was pregnant, but after fertilization/failed BC, and honestly I bet he told his fiance that wasn't even his baby - that Laura was an ex who was borderline stalkery. So my theory, is he just couldn't have them in the room together. Period.

But, I'm totally willing to be wrong. However, when I look at Laura's life I see a very happy, settled, intelligent. independent woman who was more than capable of single parenting. But hey, I'm all those things, and I've definitely dated some losers, and thought they were "the one", so there ya go.

I am really curious as to who this other woman is. It could blow my theory out of the water completely.

Theories aside, Tragic loss of life. She would have made an amazing mother.

IRT the texting the other woman.

She could have just as easily been meeting with her to assure her that she wasn't trying to usurp her position in <modsnip> life.

But we will never know. And I suspect it is THAT meeting that put <modsnip> over the edge and made him act. Once both the ladies got in the same room, all his lies would start unraveling. Because if I was him *shudders* I would have told Laura that I met GF (omitted fiance part!) before finding out she was pregnant, but after fertilization/failed BC, and honestly I bet he told his fiance that wasn't even his baby - that Laura was an ex who was borderline stalkery. So my theory, is he just couldn't have them in the room together. Period.

But, I'm totally willing to be wrong. However, when I look at Laura's life I see a very happy, settled, intelligent. independent woman who was more than capable of single parenting. But hey, I'm all those things, and I've definitely dated some losers, and thought they were "the one", so there ya go.

I am really curious as to who this other woman is. It could blow my theory out of the water completely.

Theories aside, Tragic loss of life. She would have made an amazing mother.

Totally agree that Laura's text to the other woman pushed him over the head <modsnip>.I see Laura the same- a very happy, settled, smart lady.

I, too, want to know more about the other woman. She was originally named in the charging docs, but they've since redacted those other names. Plus, she has never been named as a POI so we wouldn't really be able to discuss her too much here.

I also want to know what Laura and her family fought about in regards to Tyler- ie, have they wanted him out of the picture for a while? Was she fine with the status quo and being a single parent but they wanted her to pursue something more serious? (seems doubtful, IMO, but you never know).

Such a tragic loss of life indeed. No matter what she wanted, this was completely avoidable and awful.

I disagree with this line of thinking. My guess is that he played mind games with her, probably saying things like "I don't want to be on social media because of" blah blah who knows what crazy reasons he gave her, never wanting to move in or settle down with her or have any type of public relationship with her. All signs point to the fact that he was a manipulator. I thought I read somewhere that he told his parents that she had stalked him for years, and another friend of hers mentioned he was always reluctant to put a label on their relationship. And I'm willing to bet her parents and family fought over him because they knew she deserved someone who should be shouting on the rooftops that he was lucky enough to be her boyfriend instead of hiding their "relationship" and lying at every corner about why he couldn't settle down with her. A person can be completely settled, successful, and still suffer from the "I can change him" syndrome, or from low self esteem thinking this person is all they deserve. I know plenty of other girls who can relate, especially when you are young...including me when I was younger. I think this type of situation is way more prevalent for younger people than anyone wants to discuss or admit, and while most dont end as tragically as Laura's did, it breaks my heart for her and all other women who have ever been in this type of situation before. Low self esteem does not discriminate and master manipulators like this <modsnip> hone in on it and take advantage of it. This must have just been the perfect storm forming since the beginning. Indeed this is beyond tragic and I don't think I will ever forget this story or stop praying for her and her family.

Is there any possibility that she did know about his other relationship and told her friends, family, and others little white lies in order to save face about knowingly "being the other woman"?

Being the other woman is a shameful position to be in. IMO, it happens more often than people think. NOT saying I believe this about Laura but that it's a possibility.

Wondering if Laura had 0 intentions of being with Tyler for the long term, but once a baby came into the mix, she felt an ethical obligation to let his finance know she would be raising a child fathered by him.

[video=twitter;914399535732072449]https://twitter.com/wusa9/status/914399535732072449[/video]

Is there any possibility that she did know about his other relationship and told her friends, family, and others little white lies in order to save face about knowingly "being the other woman"?

Being the other woman is a shameful position to be in. IMO, it happens more often than people think. NOT saying I believe this about Laura but that it's a possibility.

Wondering if Laura had 0 intentions of being with Tyler for the long term, but once a baby came into the mix, she felt an ethical obligation to let his finance know she would be raising a child fathered by him.

I'll be interested to hear more about what her family and friends thought about her relationship with TT. I'm not sure if you've read the charging docs, but her dad stated that after she found out she was pregnant, TT asked him for his permission to marry her. It also states that TT and her have been together on and off for 7 years. Her father also stated in media interviews that "their relationship was the only thing that Laura and her family ever fought about."

To me, it's plausible that Laura might have tried to cover up the fact that she was the other woman, but it seems like her family knew that something was not totally right in that relationship. IMO, just reading in to how close she was with her friends and family, it seems really unlikely to me that she would be able to keep up that facade for so long with all of them. And oh, to be a fly on the wall when TT asked for her father's permission if he really disliked TT the whole time...

I'm still interested to know more about the timeline. If they've been together on and off for 7 years, I wonder how long he has been with his other fiance? Or how many other woman there were throughout the years? Would Laura really have felt the the "other woman?" Just thoughts, of course.

Charging docs: [video=twitter;908366412770574336]https://twitter.com/HellgrenWJZ/status/908366412770574336[/video]

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/laura-wallens-dad-suspected-killer-tyler-tessier-a-monster-and-a-liar/

“A 33-year-old Maryland man accused of luring his pregnant girlfriend to a field, shooting her in the back of the head and then making a dramatic public plea for help finding her was indicted Thursday on one count of murder, according to Montgomery County Circuit Court records.

The grand jury indictment against Tyler Tessier was not unexpected.

. . .

Court records filed Thursday did not include a charge related to Wallen's unborn child. In Maryland, it is possible to charge someone with murder or manslaughter of a fetus. In such cases, however, the fetus must be viable, meaning potentially able to live outside the womb, according to Maryland law and several attorneys.

Law enforcement officials have said Wallen was between 14 and 16 weeks pregnant.

Hal Lawrence, a doctor who is chief executive of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, said Thursday said a 14-week fetus would not be viable.

"At 14 weeks' gestation, there is no possibility that the fetus will survive outside the womb," Lawrence said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...6b33ec-af86-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to share here that I saw on Facebook Laura's family is holding a holiday donation drive for a domestic violence shelter in honor of Laura. I thought this was a wonderful way for her family to honor her.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

From the Oct. 20, 2017 article, referenced above:

"Previously, Wolf* [TT's attorney] has told WTOP: 'Tyler Tessier is innocent of the charges against him. His family and friends know that he is a quiet, peaceful person. Although he has made mistakes in his personal life, he cared deeply about Laura Wallen and never would have physically hurt her.'”

[*Allen Wolf, District Public Defender, is one of the attorneys representing Tyler Tessier ("TT")]

A 10-day trial is anticipated. If TT is convicted, he will face life without the possibility of parole.

After 40 years wearing the badge, the chief said he hopes for a more peaceful 2018, though he admitted high-profile cases that dominated 2017 seem like the new normal. Reflecting on the major crimes of the last year, the murder of pregnant Howard County teacher Laura Wallen was top on Manger&#8217;s mind.

&#8220;When she was found murdered, it broke the heart of an entire community,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I think the Wallen family will never be the same, in my opinion, with the loss of their daughter.&#8221;
https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/...licing-is-essential-to-combating-hate-crimes/

There were two court hearings held Friday to discuss the start of Tessier&#8217;s trial. Prosecutors played a recording of Tessier speaking to his father in a jailhouse phone call in October. Prosecutors believe the defense was purposely trying to stall the trial.

The public defender denied stalling and told the judge this is a huge case and they needed more time. The judge had hoped to start in June, but because of scheduling issues, he decided on Sept. 4.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...f-murdering-pregnant-maryland-teacher-delayed

Recorded jailhouse call surprises defense in case of murdered Md. teacher

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2018/02/recorded-jail-phone-calls-dramatic-but-generally-legal/

In the call, Tessier said a trial delay would be in his best interest.

In explaining his rationale, Tessier mentioned the Las Vegas shooting tragedy.

“People forget; things happen,” Tessier said in the phone conversation, which was recorded in October 2017. “When something more important happens, it puts me out of the public eye.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back