1039 users online (189 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MT - Heather 'Brianna' Wilkins, 17, Livingston, 11 Jan 2006

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...issinggirl.txt

Mother fears missing 17 year old daughter must be dead as mom believes she would have called by now.

Boyfriend, who doesn't live in the area, is staying with the family while they are searching.

She recently moved to this new home and has taken to walks. Search and Rescue is underway with no results so far.

More at link

This case has a ton of baggage attached to it. I read the article and it says she is
    17, years old was emancipated adult, yet now living back with her mother for the last few weeks. It says she often wondered the world for weeks at a time. I think there is a lot more to this story. I am hoping she is okay but a put concerned by the mothers remarks that she must be dead if she didnt' call. Those remarks since contradictory to how they discribed this young womens life.
    mjak

Livingston is 21 miles from here and I haven't even heard about this. It's been in the low teens at night and we got snow on Saturday morning so if she's outside she's probably dead from exposure. Poor girl. We don't have homeless shelters or anything around here so if she's staying with someone they should have come forward by now.

MontanaGirl is it possible she was "communing with nature" and a large animal got her?

I have no idea if this is a city, town, rural, or deep country area.

Thanks!

It has been a cold winter so far so all bears would be hibernating. Mountain lions are in the area, but they prey mainly on the mule deer in the area, although some get quite bold and do attack people. They lion hunt in the mountains south of Livingston so we know they are around. There were wolves in the region, but the pack in that area have all been wiped out since they were killing sheep. So I would be more concerned with the animals on two legs rather than on four. Livingston is right on I-90 and we get a lot of truck traffic, so if she was in search of enlitlentment she may have hitched a ride.

In addition, south of Livingston is a compound of the Church Universal and Triumphant which most consider a cult. It was popular in the 80's and had a large following that believed that the end of the world was coming. They even built fall-out shelters underground and were going to live in these shelters during Armageddon and emerge unscathed. They were supposedly heavy into the brain washing type of 'religion', they wore only red and believed in the devine holiness of a woman called Elizabeth Claire Prophet. This girl may very well have gone there to seek guidance. The CUT believe the Paradise Valley south of Livingston is a very spiritual place and a center of cosmic energy. I hope Le have thought of that as well.

Wow Montanagirl I've heard of Elizabeth Prophet and the compound. I wonder how active they are in the area. I know that they have restructured and the group is no longer under her control According to the site I've referenced below, their numbers have dwindled markedly.

For those that would like to learn a little more about this group:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Clare_Prophet

Someone who is in search of enlightenment could have met up with one, or more of the followers.....

Mmmmm

The email address for the Livingston Police is:

policechief@ci.livingston.mt.us

I'm sure the police are aware of the group. Is it possible though that they haven't made any connection that she may have gone there.

I'm wondering if the family wouldn't mind calling, or visiting, their centre. Its not a crime to be a missing person, but if Brianna is in seclusion with this group, while learning their "techniques", its possible she is unaware that her family is looking for her.

I would be happy to send an email, as I think this is important. Since you are the person who thought of this possible tip, would that be ok with you, or would you like to send one youself?

This is another article that lists her full description:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...ews/kidnap.txt

Park County Search and Rescue continues to look for a 17-year-old girl missing since Wednesday night.

Heather "Brianna" Marie Wilkins was last seen at 5:30 p.m. walking east on Convict Grade road northeast of Livingston, about a mile east of Rattlesnake Ridge.
    Wilkins is 5-foot 8-inches tall, 135 pounds with a light complexion, lean build, long blonde hair and blue eyes.

She was wearing an ankle-length, tan-colored sheepskin coat, gray sweat pants, a blue sweat shirt, a gray sweat shirt, a purple pullover hat with a plaid trim and brown fuzzy boots.

A brown, older four-door passenger car was in the area at the time Wilkins was last seen and Park County deputies want to speak with the owner or occupants of the car.

Search efforts have included three dog teams, search flights and multiple ground crews.

Anyone with information regarding Wilkins should call Livingston dispatch at 222-2050. Anyone who sees her should call 911.

I found another article and in it is says Brianna has been listed with the National Center for Missing Persons.
    Reference: http://www.billingsgazette.com/index...ssing-girl.inc

I did a search on the National Center for Missing Adults: www.theyaremissed.org

and at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
    www.missingkids.com

and at the North American Missing Persons Network at:
    http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us

and she isn't showing up on any of these sites!

...maybe its too new????????
    Last edited by PonderingThings; 01-17-2006 at 05:42 PM.

Nope, you can go ahead and send an email and I will too. We do have a good'ol boys LE in some small towns still, so you might get a very polite "Thanks but no thanks". On the other hand, CUT has been an issue with the local LE. Several members got busted in Seattly trying to buy arms in 1999 I think as they thought the Millenium would be Armageddon and they were sure the end was nigh.

Prophet lost most of her followers when she predicted the exact date of the end of the world and was (obviously) wrong. The cult was notorious for recruiting people with lots of money . When you join, you give all your worldly possessions to the church. Needless to say Prophet was wealthy when she died.

Here's a link to the paper. May be the same as above. Sorry if it is.

After an extensive ground search of the area, her mom is now saying that it looks like Brianna had some cash and may have had a destination in mind.

So... don't know where it stands.

More background leading up to the disappearance
    http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...ssing.girl.txt

Thanks Montanagirl. I'm going to send an email, just in case.

I sent an email to the link provided and asked if they'd thought ot look for her at the Ranch. We'll see what they say.

I just received a nicely worded, "Thank you for the information" email, and it also said they are already looking into the possibility.

Good enough for me!

Good job!

Me too!

Here's mine:

"Thanks for the information. We are checking into this.

Darren S. Raney
    Chief of Police
    Livingston, MT"

God Bless the Good ol' boys!

Interesting... in Livingston County, Mo, boy scout leaders found a man who had been missing since November 2005.

I wonder if they were searching, or if it was an accidental find.

The post is here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=943644

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast