Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
:modstop:​

*** Before you post, be sure to READ and THANK this post and the one which follows.
=============

A fresh thread here, open for posting.

There will be zero tolerance for TOS violations, to include among other things:

1. Bullying other members
2. Addressing other members in a rude and degrading manner
3. Posting rumors
4. Posting "facts" without a legitimate, mainstream media or law enforcement source.
5. Posting suspicions and allegations about fellow members.
6. Abusing the private messaging feature to spread rumors and gossip, and to bully others.
7. Abusing the private messaging feature to draw members away from Websleuths. If you're a member of another group, so be it. Don't discuss it here. Leave the remarks and rumors where you find them.

If you lack the maturity to maintain courtesy and respect, and to exercise common sense, then you have no business posting on a public forum.

ETA: No screenshots or images are to be posted unless you include a link to the MSM source where you found them.

Copyright rule:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11371918

Please preview your posts before submitting them to the thread to ensure your quotes appear correctly and are attributed to the right person.

If you do not know how to use the “Reply with Quote” feature properly, please PM a Mod or Admin to have it explained to you.

Broken quotes that are not attended to quickly get so out of hand, at times it is almost impossible to go back to determine who really said what, and it is totally discourteous to staff who have to take time to fix members’ mistakes.

Your courtesy and co-operation would be appreciated.

:tyou:

Do not post screenshots of Websleuths posts. Members are not able to click on a screenshot to view the original post for themselves, and a post # within a screenshot does not indicate which thread it is in.

If you want to quote an old post, go to the old post, click on “Reply with Quote”. When all the html text comes up, right click within the text and choose“Select All”, then right click on the highlighted text and choose “Copy”. Then simply paste that into your new post and type your response below it. Even if the post is from an old thread, members will still be able to click on the little black arrow that will take them back to the original post.

If you don’t understand that, please contact a Mod or Admin for help.

Don't discuss other WS members or make accusations/insinuations against them.

Sorry if this was posted already and I missed it! Has a mod or admin OK'd discussing-sleuthing WS posters as possible suspects in this case? I don`t want to risk violating ToS or getting too o/t if not. ... TIA!

:doorhide:

OkieChance, Thank You so much for asking :biggrin:

Not only has no Mod or Admin approved the discussing or sleuthing of WS members, but yesterday morning I specifically reminded members not to do so.

Or for those who wish to ignore the above hyperlink:

There have been numerous reminders/warnings in previous threads.

Do some members just feel they can disregard The Rules and Mod/Admin warnings because they feel what they have to say is more important than following The Rules?

Those members who have chosen to disregard The Rules and Admin reminders/warnings are subject to loss of posting privileges.

ZERO TOLERANCE is now in place and Time Outs will be forthcoming when a review has been completed.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

I am very confused and have a couple of questions. I understand the not making accusations of insinuations against members, and agree with that rule but I have three questions.

1. Are you saying that former members are considered to still be members?

2. If a former member has posts that the current members consider to be useful, when the posts were originally rubbished, why is that not OK to publish those posts?

3. I have researched the achieved copies of news reports at the Baytte Library. I have taken note of the source, date and page number and made notes. On multiple occasions I've put the notes here in websleuthes with the source, date and page, however I don't have the original article as they are not available online.

If I also have notes on an article in a mainstream news paper that was published saying an online sleuther making a certain number of posts was the accused, and I have the source, date and page number is that also OK to post? The source would not give any extra copies of this newspaper version for the date and the wanted page is missing in the online version.

Following on from query from OkieChance:

"Hey Spinnaker, some of the clips you posted look like they've been laminated, or they were printed on higher-quality magazine-grade paper instead of standard newsprint? I'm trying to find these articles, or links to them, to see what else I might be able to find out before and after these articles were printed. Where are these clips from, originally, and what dates did they run? TIA!!'

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Western-Australia-16&p=13647503#post13647503

Source of article - Battye Library in Perth, microfiche, Daily News - date range in image below - personal photograph of article direct from the microfiche.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (12).jpg
    FullSizeRender (12).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 642
Microfiche!!! Thank you. That probably means I'm unable to pore over older papers like you've been able to do. My curiosity is making me itch. LOL. (Must admit I'm a little envious.) That definitely explains the "gleam" on them — it's the microfiche viewer!

Following on from query from OkieChance:

"Hey Spinnaker, some of the clips you posted look like they've been laminated, or they were printed on higher-quality magazine-grade paper instead of standard newsprint? I'm trying to find these articles, or links to them, to see what else I might be able to find out before and after these articles were printed. Where are these clips from, originally, and what dates did they run? TIA!!'

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Western-Australia-16&p=13647503#post13647503

Source of article - Battye Library in Perth, microfiche, Daily News - date range in image below - personal photograph of article direct from the microfiche.

attachment.php

OkieChance, Thank You so much for asking [emoji3]

Not only has no Mod or Admin approved the discussing or sleuthing of WS members, but yesterday morning I specifically reminded members not to do so.

Or for those who wish to ignore the above hyperlink:

There have been numerous reminders/warnings in previous threads.

Do some members just feel they can disregard The Rules and Mod/Admin warnings because they feel what they have to say is more important than following The Rules?

Those members who have chosen to disregard The Rules and Admin reminders/warnings are subject to loss of posting privileges.

ZERO TOLERANCE is now in place and Time Outs will be forthcoming when a review has been completed.

Sillybilly
WS Admin
A couple of quick questions before the time out.
Since WS requires an email address to log on, and the accused email addresses in this case had become public knowledge after his arrest, does WS Administration therefore notify the Police immediately when you establish that an arrested person in a high profile case was a member of the forum?
Or is a warrant required, if so do you have an article to direct police to as to who to serve it upon etc?
Do you preserve posts and deleted posts that might be of evidence value in a criminal prosecution prior to receiving a warrant?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I can't answer all your questions, but without getting into too many specifics of how the forum is operated/administered, here is an excerpt from Websleuths Etiquette & Information:

LAW ENFORCEMENT

Members of Law Enforcement regularly read at WS. Generally they contact WS Admin when they register, but there is no requirement that they do so. Unless they ask us to, we do not publicly identify them, but all posters should be aware that public comments about illegal activity could bring them attention they may not want. WS receives subpoenas on a regular basis from various agencies. WS will comply with all valid subpoenas received.

and from the WS Privacy Policy Statement:

If law enforcement provides a proper subpoena for a member's data Websleuths will abide by the subpoena.

A couple of quick questions before the time out.
<rsbm>

FWIW, as part of the review, over 80 posts were removed (a very time-consuming task) due to TOS violations of sleuthing/discussing other members. After giving it much thought, it has been decided to not issue TOs to all involved because it would pretty much wipe out the membership on the thread and bring other important discussion to a halt.

We trust the Zero Tolerance policy going forward will prevent a recurrence as it relates to sleuthing other members.

As always, please use the Alert feature as soon as you see the thread going off the rails with TOS violations.

So post away, but remember ... Websleuths is not a free-for-all, anything goes type of forum. Please read The Rules and post accordingly. They exist for a reason and members are expected to post responsibly.

:wave:

I find it odd that a grown man would wear a pair of gold shorts to a footy match. Where would one go to buy such an item in size Large Man?

<rsbm>

FWIW, as part of the review, over 80 posts were removed (a very time-consuming task) due to TOS violations of sleuthing/discussing other members. After giving it much thought, it has been decided to not issue TOs to all involved because it would pretty much wipe out the membership on the thread and bring other important discussion to a halt.

We trust the Zero Tolerance policy going forward will prevent a recurrence as it relates to sleuthing other members.

As always, please use the Alert feature as soon as you see the thread going off the rails with TOS violations.

So post away, but remember ... Websleuths is not a free-for-all, anything goes type of forum. Please read The Rules and post accordingly. They exist for a reason and members are expected to post responsibly.

:wave:
Many thanks will adhere to your requests. Whereabouts is the Alert feature? I've looked for it but never seen it. Thanks in advance.

Canning,

Lower left corner (red triangle) if you're using a web browser. If you're using Tapatalk, tap and hold the post, then click on "more" to find the report feature.

I find it odd that a grown man would wear a pair of gold shorts to a footy match. Where would one go to buy such an item in size Large Man?
The gold shorts look like a pair of silk shorts like ones worn as an undergarment. In the photograph he was in the middle, did BRE play a special part in the match. Why aren't the others wearing the gold silk shorts.

Canning,

Lower left corner (red triangle) if you're using a web browser. If you're using Tapatalk, tap and hold the post, then click on "more" to find the report feature.
Many thanks. I've seen the red triangle but thought it was for quote correction. It's like an emergency button. Ta.

I am very confused and have a couple of questions. I understand the not making accusations of insinuations against members, and agree with that rule but I have three questions.

1. Are you saying that former members are considered to still be members?

2. If a former member has posts that the current members consider to be useful, when the posts were originally rubbished, why is that not OK to publish those posts?

3. I have researched the achieved copies of news reports at the Baytte Library. I have taken note of the source, date and page number and made notes. On multiple occasions I've put the notes here in websleuthes with the source, date and page, however I don't have the original article as they are not available online.

If I also have notes on an article in a mainstream news paper that was published saying an online sleuther making a certain number of posts was the accused, and I have the source, date and page number is that also OK to post? The source would not give any extra copies of this newspaper version for the date and the wanted page is missing in the online version.

1. Those former members were members when they made their posts with the expectation that they be warranted the same privacy and consideration as all other members. No member here would like it if they left the forum and everybody was then allowed to "talk behind their back".

2. If you feel there is a post that is useful, find it and link it (no screenshots).

3. That is the best anyone can do when there is no current MSM.

To answer your last question, no it is not okay to post that. It is an unsubstantiated accusation, and I might suggest that the reason it has been retracted is due to potential liability.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member