802 users online (67 members and 735 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Former Telecom then Telstra complex at Ewing St Bentley

"The Bentley premises were once a Telstra depot and then home to Manheim Fowles, which auctions exgovernment fleet and other vehicles "
    http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive/...01&sk=8CA91C3E
    Veritas nunquam perit

EuTuCroquet? is online now This may be the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves. ~ HST
    Canning,

Lower left corner (red triangle) if you're using a web browser. If you're using Tapatalk, tap and hold the post, then click on "more" to find the report feature.

Quote Originally Posted by ESH View Post
    I find it odd that a grown man would wear a pair of gold shorts to a footy match. Where would one go to buy such an item in size Large Man?
    The gold shorts look like a pair of silk shorts like ones worn as an undergarment. In the photograph he was in the middle, did BRE play a special part in the match. Why aren't the others wearing the gold silk shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieChance View Post
    Canning,

Lower left corner (red triangle) if you're using a web browser. If you're using Tapatalk, tap and hold the post, then click on "more" to find the report feature.
    Many thanks. I've seen the red triangle but thought it was for quote correction. It's like an emergency button. Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerchild View Post
    I am very confused and have a couple of questions. I understand the not making accusations of insinuations against members, and agree with that rule but I have three questions.

1. Are you saying that former members are considered to still be members?

2. If a former member has posts that the current members consider to be useful, when the posts were originally rubbished, why is that not OK to publish those posts?

3. I have researched the achieved copies of news reports at the Baytte Library. I have taken note of the source, date and page number and made notes. On multiple occasions I've put the notes here in websleuthes with the source, date and page, however I don't have the original article as they are not available online.

If I also have notes on an article in a mainstream news paper that was published saying an online sleuther making a certain number of posts was the accused, and I have the source, date and page number is that also OK to post? The source would not give any extra copies of this newspaper version for the date and the wanted page is missing in the online version.
    1. Those former members were members when they made their posts with the expectation that they be warranted the same privacy and consideration as all other members. No member here would like it if they left the forum and everybody was then allowed to "talk behind their back".

2. If you feel there is a post that is useful, find it and link it (no screenshots).

3. That is the best anyone can do when there is no current MSM.

To answer your last question, no it is not okay to post that. It is an unsubstantiated accusation, and I might suggest that the reason it has been retracted is due to potential liability.

Hope that helps.

From looking at the Croks photos on their WS, I have the sense that it is very much a 'social' sporting group & don't take themselves too seriously. E.g. camping trips, soft croc award etc. Seems like having a laugh & fun is the focus so am guessing anything, within reason is ok. Back to the gold shorts.....no I don't think they're silk boxers.....too fitted & fabric seems much heavier than silk ....IMO

"Bentley office* Ewing St (Near Sevenoaks Street)"

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/aeg_wa

Australian Exchange Guide - WA Listing

Western Australia

For a Google Earth Placemark showing locations of Perth exchanges, visit*http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthrea...t175817Current as of June 2006. Excellent for working out your distance from exchange, using Google Earth's "Measure" tool. Placemarks also show availability of third part DSLAMS, and telephone number ranges. Note: not all exchange locations may be 100% accurate

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
    Veritas nunquam perit

Quote Originally Posted by ESH View Post
    From looking at the Croks photos on their WS, I have the sense that it is very much a 'social' sporting group & don't take themselves too seriously. E.g. camping trips, soft croc award etc. Seems like having a laugh & fun is the focus so am guessing anything, within reason is ok. Back to the gold shorts.....no I don't think they're silk boxers.....too fitted & fabric seems much heavier than silk ....IMO
    Wearing different coloured short in Masters footy usually signifies that player is in a different age group and if they are an older age that the team grade, you are not allowed to tackle them and they come under special rules. However, gold silky boxers are most likely to be worn as a punishment or special award perhaps for being the most drunk and making a fool of yourself or similar in a tournament or after game function, IMO.
    Last edited by Innerchild; 09-24-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Photo source my personal copyright.

Maybe gardening is a safer topic. Anyone recognise this plant please?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by OkieChance View Post
    Microfiche!!! Thank you. That probably means I'm unable to pore over older papers like you've been able to do. My curiosity is making me itch. LOL. (Must admit I'm a little envious.) That definitely explains the "gleam" on them it's the microfiche viewer!

FYI - I already informed you that the source was microfilm!
    Microfiche = microfilm.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

EuTuCroquet? is online now This may be the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves. ~ HST
    Right! Thanks.

The original poster confirmed it was microfiche (not quite the same thing as microfilm but that's nbd), and was able to answer my questions about the publication name and print dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks-R-Us View Post
    Microfiche = microfilm.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
    Last edited by EuTuCroquet?; 09-25-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Source my personal copyright

Slightly different angle, although still not quite right.

Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Canning Vale View Post
    The gold shorts look like a pair of silk shorts like ones worn as an undergarment. In the photograph he was in the middle, did BRE play a special part in the match. Why aren't the others wearing the gold silk shorts.
    It's a special annual footy match where ALL the players wear their boxer shorts on the field for this one game.
    BRE wore gold ones.
    This info is found on the teams website.

Last edited by Spooks-R-Us; 09-25-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerchild View Post

Photo source my personal copyright.

Maybe gardening is a safer topic. Anyone recognise this plant please?
    Innerchild,
    It's some sort of succulant which older people seem to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks-R-Us View Post
    Microfiche = microfilm.

I think you'll find microfilm is the original copy and microfiche is the end product.

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast