616 users online (84 members and 532 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Vent About Trump #3

Whether you're crazy for the man, or think that he's the devil incarnate, he's a civil servant, and we all possess the right to voice our opinions about his job performance. So here's a brand new fresh thread. Go for it.

We ask only that you conduct yourselves in a civil, mature manner (attack the post, not the poster), and stay on topic. If you can handle that, you're invited to start typing. If you can't, admit it to yourself and do the smart thing: stay away.

Thread #1

Thread #2

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Ha!, love it.

Today, 02:17 AM#1040 rosemadderlake's Avatar rosemadderlake

Quote Originally Posted by Melisinde2 View Post

I am not a perfect person, but I took that oath seriously... And just a few months before 9/11 happened, go figure.

My 69 year old father did not serve. However, today, while we all watched the Eagles game (which is sacred time to him), his childhood best friend complained about the protests. Dad reminded the friend that his daughter served her country so that he AND the players on the field could each have a voice.

I am actually offended in a way that the military are being dragged into this. As someone so succinctly put it on Twitter, that's like saying a hunger strike is about food. Secondly, until our VA system is FIXED for all past, current and future vets, I don't want to hear any more about "you're disrespecting the soldiers". We have failed veterans in this country for MANY years, in MANY ways- and forcing people to stand for the anthem won't fix any of that. It's too little too late. How can we demand that the flag be respected on behalf of our veterans when the respect we have shown them to date is largely lip service?? And I will stop, because this is becoming another rant for another time, I think.

To make a long story short, I'm upset that veterans are being co-opted. This is not about us. Nero is playing this dog whistle to his base because a.) He lost the NFL; b.) He basically tried to "fire" Steph Curry after he'd already quit and wants to play like a mean girl and c.) He doesn't understand that players are people and not property.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

"Rose"
    I do know this, Nero will not affect football or its ratings!

Bbm: yes, twisted trump is using both the NFL AND the military for red meat politics, as they say. I guess that is exactly what has me on tilt today. It is so unbelievably disrespectful to two huge swaths of people, drawing in the military into a flag/patriot drama, into a protest that started a year ago over racial injustice. It is so twisted I can't wrap my brain around it.

Not only that, I'll expand on your point; the NFL, the military, and the country are not property.

Yes, the VA is another thread too... Maybe we need a couple more threads... What would you suggest?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok continuing the convo, hopefully....

Wherever the convo was going... It was good., IMO...

Cubby:
    Trump is all three rings of the circus. His spinning the issue toward the flag and veterans is nothing but a failed attempt at diverting his words suggesting professional athletes should be fired for excersizing their 1st ammendment rights.

All.three.rings.of.the.circus. He isn't fooling anyone when 24 hours ago it was about disrespecting the white house and office of the presidency.

I feel so sorry for Baron. No amount of money can make up for a parents mortiflying behavior in front of the world.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bbm: je suis Barron...

You know...... one has to wonder about all of the business dealings of Mr. Trump. When I read this article, I was reminded, once again, of how Mr. Trump does business. Shady and bullying tactics. I think he pushed the USFL to the fall because he wanted to do like he has always done--- invest a bit of money, make everything seems shiny and good (USFL will be better than NFL), hook some investors and, then, at the top of the market get out with his cash.

This letter (in the article) shows exactly what other wealthy business owners think of Trump as. One more disgruntled person to add to the list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.23076a403b10
    Violence diminishes our humanity. ~Coretta Scott King

Trump,and failed resort in Puerto Rico.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/danielwagne...pw5#.lvo2KLg0n

Cuts coal top mining health study

https://earthjustice.org/blog/2017-s...n-coal-country

The statistics of health for coal country. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    You know...... one has to wonder about all of the business dealings of Mr. Trump. When I read this article, I was reminded, once again, of how Mr. Trump does business. Shady and bullying tactics. I think he pushed the USFL to the fall because he wanted to do like he has always done--- invest a bit of money, make everything seems shiny and good (USFL will be better than NFL), hook some investors and, then, at the top of the market get out with his cash.

This letter (in the article) shows exactly what other wealthy business owners think of Trump as. One more disgruntled person to add to the list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.23076a403b10

Omg, I love the letter! Not that I think it will change anything, but I'm glad to see the dialogue publicly about just how unacceptable his behavior is..... I hope it leads to more discussion within his own party.

People are betting on him quitting the presidency, when, and how he'll spin his quitting into a victory for himself.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Mr. Patriot. Have your vomit bucket near by

http://people.com/politics/trump-boa...sonal-vietnam/

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Mr. Patriot. Have your vomit bucket near by

http://people.com/politics/trump-boa...sonal-vietnam/
    "I feel like a great and very brave solider.”

I have no idea who Kerr is, i may or may not like him if I did. But his words were spot on, and so needed. If only djt could listen and be respectful.

One small snippet from your Link:
    There has to be an inherent understanding when you enter into any public position of power that this is what happens. People are going to take shots at you and it’s incumbent upon you to absorb those shots. Maybe you respond diplomatically, but you maintain a level of respect and dignity. What you can’t do is just angrily lash out. Can you imagine if I lashed out at all my critics every day and belittled them? I’d lose my players, I’d embarrass ownership, I’d embarrass myself. Pretty soon I’d be out of a job. It’s a basic adult thing that you learn as you grow up: People aren't always going to agree with you. And that’s OK.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    I have no idea who Kerr is, i may or may not like him if I did. But his words were spot on, and so needed. If only djt could listen and be respectful.

One small snippet from your Link:
    There has to be an inherent understanding when you enter into any public position of power that this is what happens. People are going to take shots at you and it’s incumbent upon you to absorb those shots. Maybe you respond diplomatically, but you maintain a level of respect and dignity. What you can’t do is just angrily lash out. Can you imagine if I lashed out at all my critics every day and belittled them? I’d lose my players, I’d embarrass ownership, I’d embarrass myself. Pretty soon I’d be out of a job. It’s a basic adult thing that you learn as you grow up: People aren't always going to agree with you. And that’s OK.
    Steve Kerr.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kerr

Oh goodie. At war are we? Orange menace,

Oh goodie. At war are we? Orange menace,
    Yes, and Puerto Rico is still without power/suffering, and Kushner is using his personal email for government business. But football and NASCAR!!
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast