1258 users online (213 members and 1045 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    I have no idea who Kerr is, i may or may not like him if I did. But his words were spot on, and so needed. If only djt could listen and be respectful.

One small snippet from your Link:
    There has to be an inherent understanding when you enter into any public position of power that this is what happens. People are going to take shots at you and it’s incumbent upon you to absorb those shots. Maybe you respond diplomatically, but you maintain a level of respect and dignity. What you can’t do is just angrily lash out. Can you imagine if I lashed out at all my critics every day and belittled them? I’d lose my players, I’d embarrass ownership, I’d embarrass myself. Pretty soon I’d be out of a job. It’s a basic adult thing that you learn as you grow up: People aren't always going to agree with you. And that’s OK.
    I agree, Kerr was spot on. I have no idea how to link a you tube video, but Kerr for 3 in the final seconds of the Bulls 5th championship made him a hero here in Chicago. Kerr is a first class kind of guy. As a Chicago sports fan, I am so proud of his statement. His example should be followed by others in the gop who feel the same.
    Last edited by Cubby; 09-25-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

My father was ww2 vet. He was in the battle of the bulge and d day. Stand for the flag with your hand on ur heart. Thank god we live in the usa. We have become accustomed to soft living and entitlement. Kind of like rome in its last days. We need to appreciate all the things we have in life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maddalena1 View Post
    My father was ww2 vet. He was in the battle of the bulge and d day. Stand for the flag with your hand on ur heart. Thank god we live in the usa. We have become accustomed to soft living and entitlement. Kind of like rome in its last days. We need to appreciate all the things we have in life.

My father was also, and we learned to stand for the flag at an early age. but that does not mean everyone has the same values or judgment I might have, and they have their own reasons for how they deal with issues that bother them.

In my father's time, men always took their hats off when they entered a building/room. Women wore hats and dresses to church and school. Women would not be caught without makeup or nylons. Times change.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    My father was also, and we learned to stand for the flag at an early age. but that does not mean everyone has the same values or judgment I might have, and they have their own reasons for how they deal with issues that bother them.

In my father's time, men always took their hats off when they entered a building/room. Women wore hats and dresses to church and school. Women would not be caught without makeup or nylons. Times change.
    We are now able to see in real time what happens to POC.

We are now learning about black history. Who knew about the incredible atrocities? We sure did not learn about them in school.

People want to keep pretending there are no issues. Kind of like closing eyes during the Holocaust time.

I am proud of people standing up or kneeling, shall we say.

It truly is a spiritual experience to see the unity.

In the USA we are free to choose whether we stand, sit, kneel, or jump up and down and scream while the anthem is played. And no tweet from Trump can force anyone to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    In the USA we are free to choose whether we stand, sit, kneel, or jump up and down and scream while the anthem is played. And no tweet from Trump can force anyone to stand.
    Agreed.

Also, some Christians take the 10 Commandments seriously and will not worship false idols, such as a flag. We don't/can't throw people out of the country for that, either.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon10 View Post
    This is not in any way shape or form about the troops. Invoking "the troops" is a transparent attempt to avoid talking about the real reason for these protests: racism. White people HATE talking about racism, and will go to any lengths to avoid it.

In my view, folks are using the dead bodies of soldiers to shield themselves from a tough conversation. I'd say that is pretty f'n disrespectful.
    Not me

I wonder how common were confederate army flags, symbols, swastika tattoos and other things that represent the enemies of the UNITED STATES that just happened to be displayed by the revelers at the ALABAMA MAGA rally. Talk about dissing Old Glory.........

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon10 View Post
    You are right, It all starts with an impeachment
    Or an emp or missile attack from a country that hates us and then all this trivial bs wont matter.

Or an emp or missile attack from a country that hates us and then all this trivial bs wont matter.

And you will blame Trump if that happens?

Instead what will matter is water, food, and survival. Fighting to defend our land no matter what race or color our skin is.

OH OK, please wake up at any time.

If a missle went off everytime NK made a empty threat every piece of land would be bombed. But also remember rather than ignore the baby of a countries tantrums, DT keeps challenging them.

Also, have you read the sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    And you will blame Trump if that happens?
    No, it started happening long before trump. We are a bunch of spoiled brats that need to learn how to appreciate.

Instead what will matter is water, food, and survival. Fighting to defend our land no matter what race or color our skin is.

I assume if so, it would be another piece of america you want to restrict POC from being equal in

No, it started happening long before trump. We are a bunch of spoiled brats that need to learn how to appreciate.

Please dont have me stop your last line in mid-

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast