784 users online (125 members and 659 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 182
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    16,640
    Quote Originally Posted by maddalena1 View Post
    No...not my way to act malicious. Perhaps a bit thoughtless at times. Enough of my own phone fondling. Got to go and work with my wheel barrow to harvest veggies for canning.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Intentions don't matter. We have strict rules wrt posting in the RAVE and VENT threads. I appreciate the new guidelines, and no one wants to see anyone get a timeout.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Intentions don't matter. We have strict rules wrt posting in the RAVE and VENT threads. I appreciate the new guidelines, and no one wants to see anyone get a timeout.
    I just want to make sure everything is even, if I went into the rave and started dropping lines like you have, id get a TO immediately

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon10 View Post
    I just want to make sure everything is even, if I went into the rave and started dropping lines like you have, id get a TO immediately
    Im sorry.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Today, 02:17 AM#1040 rosemadderlake's Avatar rosemadderlake

    Quote Originally Posted by Melisinde2 View Post

    I am not a perfect person, but I took that oath seriously... And just a few months before 9/11 happened, go figure.

    My 69 year old father did not serve. However, today, while we all watched the Eagles game (which is sacred time to him), his childhood best friend complained about the protests. Dad reminded the friend that his daughter served her country so that he AND the players on the field could each have a voice.

    I am actually offended in a way that the military are being dragged into this. As someone so succinctly put it on Twitter, that's like saying a hunger strike is about food. Secondly, until our VA system is FIXED for all past, current and future vets, I don't want to hear any more about "you're disrespecting the soldiers". We have failed veterans in this country for MANY years, in MANY ways- and forcing people to stand for the anthem won't fix any of that. It's too little too late. How can we demand that the flag be respected on behalf of our veterans when the respect we have shown them to date is largely lip service?? And I will stop, because this is becoming another rant for another time, I think.

    To make a long story short, I'm upset that veterans are being co-opted. This is not about us. Nero is playing this dog whistle to his base because a.) He lost the NFL; b.) He basically tried to "fire" Steph Curry after he'd already quit and wants to play like a mean girl and c.) He doesn't understand that players are people and not property.

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

    "Rose"
    I do know this, Nero will not affect football or its ratings!

    Bbm: yes, twisted trump is using both the NFL AND the military for red meat politics, as they say. I guess that is exactly what has me on tilt today. It is so unbelievably disrespectful to two huge swaths of people, drawing in the military into a flag/patriot drama, into a protest that started a year ago over racial injustice. It is so twisted I can't wrap my brain around it.

    Not only that, I'll expand on your point; the NFL, the military, and the country are not property.

    Yes, the VA is another thread too... Maybe we need a couple more threads... What would you suggest?

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Ok continuing the convo, hopefully....


    Wherever the convo was going... It was good., IMO...
    I wish I had answers; I truly do. As fired up as I was about this last night, I am even more engaged today. First, because I am the only veteran at my law firm and I was baited a bit by coworkers "desperately wanting my thoughts." My workplace is... Well, my boss regularly held Trump parties at her house during the election and proudly told us about it. Then, on the day of the inauguration, she switched our Pandora- to a live broadcast of the Inauguration. Even though they're strictly prohibited at work, everyone who could get their hands on headphones put them in and blocked it out while simultaneously lodging complaints with HR until it was turned off. She pouted on her office with the door closed for the rest of the day...

    But anyway, today, while still being outraged about the protests of the protests (see my prior posts), I am conflicted that I, as a lifelong, die hard bleed green Eagles fan... Must acknowledge that what the Cowboys and Darth Vader, I mean Jerry Jones, have done is a good thing. Attempt at levity complete, now...

    Secondly, why is it that the man who has bankrupted himself and companies more than a few times... FINALLY decides to address the desperation and tragedy in Puerto Rico... And feels the need to make snide remarks about defaulted loans??? Why do we have to remind him that they are humans first, American citizens second.. And that while perhaps there is a time and place to discuss fiscal responsibility, that that time is not NOW and that he is the last person who should be delivering that rebuke? *string of expletives* I mean.. I finally get what the younger kids are saying because I just. Can. Not. They don't have power. They are running out of food. People are dying in their hospitals. But yes, let's chastise them for loans YOUR FRIENDS GAVE THEM (who likely expected them to default and were looking forward to the write offs.) Why is he such a TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING? How come NO ONE can rein him in? How is this making America great again when he has less redeeming value and is even more devoid of morality than anyone I can think of that I've ever disliked before?

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,355
    You're right. He is a terrible human being. I don't believe he's capable of empathy and he's completely tone-deaf. The Puerto Rico situation has me angry and sad. Does 45 not realize that the people suffering in PR are American citizens? There is zero excuse for his unacceptable delay in mentioning the tragic circumstances there and when he does, it's about loans? He should take a look in the mirror. That cretin lives on debt. How many bankruptcies? He loves debt, he says it himself. I guess it's only when it's HIS debt is when it's OK.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,813
    Trump's presidency is SO much worse than I ever could have imagined it to be. This man is ill. Mentally ill. I just cannot understand that any thinking person can condone his abhorrent behaviors.

    I do not have to stand with my hand over my heart during the National Anthem to be a patriot forgodsake! And for what it's worth Trump just learned to do so about two months ago when Melania nudged him.

    Yes, I know he's the president. Gosh, I wish he'd get his act together.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Melisinde2 View Post
    I wish I had answers; I truly do. As fired up as I was about this last night, I am even more engaged today. First, because I am the only veteran at my law firm and I was baited a bit by coworkers "desperately wanting my thoughts." My workplace is... Well, my boss regularly held Trump parties at her house during the election and proudly told us about it. Then, on the day of the inauguration, she switched our Pandora- to a live broadcast of the Inauguration. Even though they're strictly prohibited at work, everyone who could get their hands on headphones put them in and blocked it out while simultaneously lodging complaints with HR until it was turned off. She pouted on her office with the door closed for the rest of the day...

    But anyway, today, while still being outraged about the protests of the protests (see my prior posts), I am conflicted that I, as a lifelong, die hard bleed green Eagles fan... Must acknowledge that what the Cowboys and Darth Vader, I mean Jerry Jones, have done is a good thing. Attempt at levity complete, now...

    Secondly, why is it that the man who has bankrupted himself and companies more than a few times... FINALLY decides to address the desperation and tragedy in Puerto Rico... And feels the need to make snide remarks about defaulted loans??? Why do we have to remind him that they are humans first, American citizens second.. And that while perhaps there is a time and place to discuss fiscal responsibility, that that time is not NOW and that he is the last person who should be delivering that rebuke? *string of expletives* I mean.. I finally get what the younger kids are saying because I just. Can. Not. They don't have power. They are running out of food. People are dying in their hospitals. But yes, let's chastise them for loans YOUR FRIENDS GAVE THEM (who likely expected them to default and were looking forward to the write offs.) Why is he such a TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING? How come NO ONE can rein him in? How is this making America great again when he has less redeeming value and is even more devoid of morality than anyone I can think of that I've ever disliked before?

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Your take on Puerto Rico is right on.

    It has been speculated that the rise of a potential dictator can be traced to after the crash; 2009 - 2013... This is where this rise began, IMO.

    The moral equalivent can be traced back to MGGA... HITLER...

    Add to that, nepotism, and you have some choice African dictators to compare.

    What is stark is the admonishment of both the NFL, and the lack of support and judgement of Puerto Rico.

    All I can say is vote people... You have no idea how important you are...


  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Eta: trump has been long known as an (expletive deleted). Just ask anyone in NY & NJ...

    Omg, this person has been raking over the coals his whole life...

    I can't even go there...

    That this country has elected this megalomaniac is just beyond any comprehension.


  9. #54
    BritsKate's Avatar
    BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    American Expat living in England
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Eta: trump has been long known as an (expletive deleted). Just ask anyone in NY & NJ...

    Omg, this person has been raking over the coals his whole life...

    I can't even go there...

    That this country has elected this megalomaniac is just beyond any comprehension.
    Perfect political storm, right? That's why I become frustrated with Trump supporters spinning his win as evidence that this is what America wants when the reality of the situation is so different.

    Regardless of whether collusion is ever proven, we know enough to state without a shadow of doubt that a hostile foreign entity aided his campaign against the first female candidate of a major party who was viewed as a major potential threat by said foreign entity and had been on the receiving end of countless, though unproven, allegations for decades by a party that's devolved into know-nothing conspiracy theory. And while Trump obviously won the electoral college he still couldn't win the PV.

    A storm, decades in the making, and the culmination is Trump. IMO, he isn't the cure but rather a symptom of the disease itself. That disease being the hatred of liberals by the GOP and hurting them at any and all cost. It's the only real unifying factor for the GOP these days. And, fwiw, several conservatives have said as much too. They know, unless their party stands for more, it's only a matter of time before they're not able to win elections. Of course, time will tell if we're not already at that point.

    I think so many people assumed Trump wouldn't win they also assumed it didn't matter if they voted. I'm expecting to see that reflected in turnout in 2018 and 2020. Unless people are utterly burnt out and voter suppression is in full force.

    Entirely MOO

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Green Mountain State
    Posts
    144
    What about this? http://www.snopes.com/2017/04/17/mel...tional-anthem/ I'm surprised that reporters are not all over this!

    He needs to be reminded that he works for all the people - not just for "twitters R U's" and to bump up his "base".


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central Oregon in the foothills of the Cascade mountains.
    Posts
    263
    I had a conversation with a Trump supporter on twitter this morning... according to him FEMA has done everything possible (which is actually entirely possible) to get assistance to PR. He thinks that the problems getting help to the inland areas is because of the corrupt Dems that impoverished the Island. I don't even know where to go with that.

    Apparently because I'm upset with the President starting a war of words with NK and calling for football players to be fired for taking a knee, I can't also be trying to help PR both on a personal level and calling my Reps (both houses) to do more to help PR.

    Is this "zero sum" mindset typical of conservative thinking? That I can't manage to be irritated by two things and simultaneously outraged by a third??

    I can be furious with the President's complete abdication of moral authority, his full stop absence of morals, his bullying approach to management, his lack of understanding of nuance of any kind, and his refusal to act like an adult, AND still love my Country and want her to grow and succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melisinde2 View Post
    I wish I had answers; I truly do. As fired up as I was about this last night, I am even more engaged today. Snipped by me

    Secondly, why is it that the man who has bankrupted himself and companies more than a few times... FINALLY decides to address the desperation and tragedy in Puerto Rico... And feels the need to make snide remarks about defaulted loans??? Why do we have to remind him that they are humans first, American citizens second.. And that while perhaps there is a time and place to discuss fiscal responsibility, that that time is not NOW and that he is the last person who should be delivering that rebuke? *string of expletives* I mean.. I finally get what the younger kids are saying because I just. Can. Not. They don't have power. They are running out of food. People are dying in their hospitals. But yes, let's chastise them for loans YOUR FRIENDS GAVE THEM (who likely expected them to default and were looking forward to the write offs.) Why is he such a TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING? How come NO ONE can rein him in? How is this making America great again when he has less redeeming value and is even more devoid of morality than anyone I can think of that I've ever disliked before?

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    1,966
    Trump defaulted on payments for his Puerto Rico golf course, leaving the territory with a $33 million tax debt

    https://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/346...lion-tax-debt/

    "he should pay back the nearly $33 million he owes Puerto Rican taxpayers after yet another one of his businesses defaulted on the island.”

    That failed business venture they were referring to was the Trump International Golf Club Puerto Rico, which, according to Fortune, borrowed $26.4 million in government-backed bonds in order to pay for improvements, but later defaulted on a $119,814 to bondholders. In 2015, the club filed for bankruptcy, which is when Trump (who licensed his name to the property) desperately tried to distance himself from the place bearing his unbearable name.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

    Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,975
    Trump's 2020 re-election campaign turning kneeling-during-anthem brouhaha into a campaign fundraising opportunity.There is no depth to which Trump will not go

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,975

  15. #60
    BritsKate's Avatar
    BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    American Expat living in England
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by chloes1 View Post
    I had a conversation with a Trump supporter on twitter this morning... according to him FEMA has done everything possible (which is actually entirely possible) to get assistance to PR. He thinks that the problems getting help to the inland areas is because of the corrupt Dems that impoverished the Island. I don't even know where to go with that.

    Apparently because I'm upset with the President starting a war of words with NK and calling for football players to be fired for taking a knee, I can't also be trying to help PR both on a personal level and calling my Reps (both houses) to do more to help PR.

    Is this "zero sum" mindset typical of conservative thinking? That I can't manage to be irritated by two things and simultaneously outraged by a third??

    I can be furious with the President's complete abdication of moral authority, his full stop absence of morals, his bullying approach to management, his lack of understanding of nuance of any kind, and his refusal to act like an adult, AND still love my Country and want her to grow and succeed.
    Yep. I see that argument all the time, democrats just aren't good patriots. I think it's arguable who's a better patriot - one who falls in line and refuses to challenge the status quo even when they KNOW the administration is wrong or one who stands up, asks questions, and poses challenges that may strengthen a weak administration or at least ensure checks and balances remain functional, who is willing to stand up for what's right even when in the minority or when it isn't politically expedient?

    I understand the theory behind supporting the presidency but I think, for some, it goes way beyond support into pure enabling. That's very dangerous with a president who doesn't appear to believe rules and norms apply to him. And I believe that we run the risk of normalizing Trump through insisting people support him - especially considering the whole idea of supporting a president simply because he's president is rather unAmerican in and of itself. Our country is literally founded on our ability to disagree with our own government and voice such.

    JMO and FWIW

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast