1477 users online (292 members and 1185 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    Trump defaulted on payments for his Puerto Rico golf course, leaving the territory with a $33 million tax debt

https://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/346...lion-tax-debt/

"he should pay back the nearly $33 million he owes Puerto Rican taxpayers after yet another one of his businesses defaulted on the island.”
    I had not heard this in any press coverage. Is this yet another bankruptcy in addition to the often cited six bankruptcies? He's such a fraud.

Quite the contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    Yep. I see that argument all the time, democrats just aren't good patriots. I think it's arguable who's a better patriot - one who falls in line and refuses to challenge the status quo even when they KNOW the administration is wrong or one who stands up, asks questions, and poses challenges that may strengthen a weak administration or at least ensure checks and balances remain functional, who is willing to stand up for what's right even when in the minority or when it isn't politically expedient?

I understand the theory behind supporting the presidency but I think, for some, it goes way beyond support into pure enabling. That's very dangerous with a president who doesn't appear to believe rules and norms apply to him. And I believe that we run the risk of normalizing Trump through insisting people support him - especially considering the whole idea of supporting a president simply because he's president is rather unAmerican in and of itself. Our country is literally founded on our ability to disagree with our own government and voice such.

JMO and FWIW
    I never thought I would find myself agreeing with Bob Costas, but he brought up how you don't have to be in the military to be a patriot - MLK was a patriot. Susan B Anthony was a patriot. Social workers and teachers are patriots. Why don't we ever honor teachers or social workers at sporting events? So now I like Bob Costas. Thanks Trump.

May I add something about the football players who kneel....

when I first saw a player kneel during the anthem, I had no idea it was a protest of any sort. I thought his kneeling was respectful and prayerful. Even now, when I see them kneel, I do not see it as a protest, but as respect ... and perhaps it was intended for more than one cause. We can all show our respect and pride in different ways. if kneeling gave him a way to show both his respect for his country along with another cause, so be it. He did not turn his back on the flag, or throw it to the ground, burn it, or any other sign of disrespect.

JMO
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post
    Trump's 2020 re-election campaign turning kneeling-during-anthem brouhaha into a campaign fundraising opportunity.There is no depth to which Trump will not go
    Reminds me of this:

"At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post

when I first saw a player kneel during the anthem, I had no idea it was a protest of any sort. I thought his kneeling was respectful and prayerful. Even now, when I see them kneel, I do not see it as a protest, but as respect ... and perhaps it was intended for more than one cause. We can all show our respect and pride in different ways. if kneeling gave him a way to show both his respect for his country along with another cause, so be it. He did not turn his back on the flag, or throw it to the ground, burn it, or any other sign of disrespect.

JMO
    Totally agree. Also, he changed from sitting to kneeling because it was more respectful of veterans.

Kaepernick’s protest first occurred 13 months ago, but was not immediately noticed. At that point, he simply sat on the benches during the US national anthem during a preseason game, just next to the giant Gatorade jugs next to him.

But, he later transitioned to taking a knee in protest - saying he was doing so to show more respect for military veterans - which turned out to be a much more iconic pose.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7966961.html

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    I had not heard this in any press coverage. Is this yet another bankruptcy in addition to the often cited six bankruptcies? He's such a fraud.
    Here's a better article with more concrete details and less spin: http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...-rico-leave-t/
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post

JMO
    In a Catholic church, genuflecting is a sign of humility and respect. Same as a formal bow or curtsy in the presence of royalty.

Awesome post, Spellbound

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    Here's a better article with more concrete details and less spin: http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...-rico-leave-t/
    That's a picture best left unseen!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrankyChef View Post
    Man-bras are definitely needed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrankyChef View Post
    Gives new meaning to the term, puffed up promises.

I wonder what Evangelicals think about him bragging that he has had three ways?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post
    LOL Thanks, Einstein.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I wonder what Evangelicals think about him bragging that he has had three ways?
    They have comebacks at the ready for that, like "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast