1072 users online (146 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Can you imagine if people booed a group of Christians praying? These guys aren't being "genuine", they're phonies, faking it to lie to the public? To what end? They're putting their careers on the line to try to get through to the public that there is a problem in this country that needs to be addressed. They see what happened to Kaepernick's career and they are STILL willing to kneel.

The amount of hate and racism rampant in the reactions to these players is astonishing.
    Some of them are Christians. But the fans know when Christians are kneeling to pray vs when they are kneeling because they are protesting racism and injustice. So I guess sometimes Christians lie about prayer is the takeaway.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 10-02-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    How many times has a player kneeled to pray on the field? This wasn't anything new to fans. Jeez, they have prayer circles on the sidelines before games and some kneel after scoring touchdowns. I've seen players make the sign of the cross after the anthem. That never gets booed. I guess petitioning the Lord to participate in the game is acceptable (because the outcome matters to him), but asking the Lord to guide us in finding unity and justice is a no-no.
    Have you ever seen it happen during the National Anthem?

If these players are praying to the Lord for guidance, does it need to happen on camera while the Anthem plays?

Pretty funny that I remember arguing with many on the left here, about that coach who wanted to pray with his athletes before the game on the sidelines. And many here said it was WRONG for the coach to do so---and he should do it in private.

But now everyone is all onboard for public televised prayer. What a switch in attitude all of a sudden.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post

If these players are praying to the Lord for guidance, does it need to happen on camera while the Anthem plays?

Pretty funny that I remember arguing with many on the left here, about that coach who wanted to pray with his athletes before the game on the sidelines. And many here said it was WRONG for the coach to do so---and he should do it in private.

But now everyone is all onboard for public televised prayer. What a switch in attitude all of a sudden.
    We are all individuals and I for one did not participate in whatever praying debate you're talking about here. IDGAF if people want to pray. I do laugh when they pray to God to help them win a football game though. Pretty sure He has bigger things to worry about. Like... police murdering children etc.

We are all individuals and I for one did not participate in whatever praying debate you're talking about here. IDGAF if people want to pray. I do laugh when they pray to God to help them win a football game though. Pretty sure He has bigger things to worry about. Like... police murdering children etc.
    The prayers are not usually about winning the game. In high school, as a cheerleader , we would overhear the coaches lead the team in prayer, and it was more about everyone being safe and not hurting themselves or anyone else , and victory would be icing on the cake.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Yes, in fact my favorite team's quarterback has always prayed during the national anthem.

The players we were discussing being booed were the Baltimore Ravens who knelt in prayer BEFORE the anthem was sung. It was announced to the fans who cheered, but when they saw the players on their knees they were compelled to boo.

The Cowboys (including owner) also took a knee BEFORE the anthem and were booed by fans.

Amen.

I think we all know that they are talking about. It is a way to insult someone without specifically saying the words. Maybe to avoid TOS?
    Not me. That's not what I'm doing at all.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Closed for review
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66