1542 users online (307 members and 1235 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    The Constitution’s freedom of expression applies only to government action, not private businesses.

The First Amendment states, “Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech.” It says nothing about private action or reaction. Thus, it is a public misconception that free speech or expression extends to the workplace. It does not, as the U.S. Supreme Court has consistently ruled.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...r-conduct.html

Every professional player must sign the standard NFL player contract. In it, the player promises as follows:

“To conduct himself on and off the field with appropriate recognition of the fact that the success of professional football depends largely on public respect for and approval of those associated with the game” (Paragraph 2). “ If player has engaged in personal conduct reasonably judged by the Club to adversely affect or reflect on the Club, then the Club may terminate this contract” (Paragraph 11).

But that is not all. The collective bargaining agreement negotiated by the players’ union and approved by the players themselves authorizes suspension or termination “for conduct detrimental to the integrity of, or public confidence in, the game of professional football” (Article 46).
    The League, the owners, and players (and their union) all seem united on this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    The League, the owners, and players (and their union) all seem united on this.
    That's because the league understands the real issue at hand. Racial inequality and police brutality.

Completely ridiculous that alot of people, especially alot here, will say POC are heinous if a protest turns violent but when people protest peacefully they just are heinous. Disgusting that the right's only words to POC is to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    Every single day, he converts more new people to the Resistance. It's almost like it's on purpose or something.
    Yes, he does just that.

My guess is that Trump knows the NFL market well and has concluded that he can afford to play the "double down" game longer than the NFL can. I think he is right.

As more than a few conservatives have found out, challenging somebody with a big "bully pulpit" (say Hollywood) is hazardous. The person with the pulpit can play for free, whereas the challengers usually cannot.

The longer and more visible the anthem protests are, the more the NFL will lose. Meanwhile, Trump gets to keep his free bully pulpit for another 3 years or more.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 09-25-2017 at 05:16 PM.

How bad was it? Well, the Chargers knew the crowd was so pro-Chiefs that they didn’t even do player introductions over the public address system due to fears their own players would get booed.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/24/los...owd-in-week-3/
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    Fmr Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva has sixth highest-selling NFL jersey after standing for national anthem

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...Search+Results

Villanueva’s Jersey Sales Skyrocket After Anthem Stand

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...-anthem-stand/

Villanueva served three tours in Afghanistan, and won the Bronze Star Medal for Valor.

Despite Villanueva’s bravery and clearly understandable loyalty and love for the flag, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin still rapped him for standing for the anthem.
    Before Alejandro Villanueva stood alone, he discussed Colin Kaepernick at training camp

It would be very unfortunate if a player was trying to voice his feelings, his opinions, in a peaceful protest, and because of that he got punished. At the same time, this is also a business. There is money involved. People are trying to make money off the NFL.
    For me personally, it was more the influence of Ryan Harris, a guy who was here last year. He’s a guy who has so much passion for these issues, I learned sort of the right way. I think protests of the national anthem are more about whether you should kneel down for the national anthem or not rather than the things they’re talking about. People are always going to say, ‘Well, you should do it for the troops’ as opposed to, ‘Well, he’s doing it for something else.’
    I think everybody — we worry more about the respect of every human being, regardless of religion or political affiliation. In this locker room, we understand who we are. I’m not in the business of convincing people to change their minds. I don’t think that’s effective.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-a...ce-down-2017-9
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

How bad was it? Well, the Chargers knew the crowd was so pro-Chiefs that they didn’t even do player introductions over the public address system due to fears their own players would get booed.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/24/los...owd-in-week-3/
    Do you believe crowd size at a Chargers game in Los Angeles has anything to do with the anthem protests? There is a lot of background to the story you might be unaware of, such as the Chargers were in San Diego from 1961 until this season. They have no fan base in Los Angeles. Los Angeles has gotten two new NFL teams in as many years.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game was played in a half-empty stadium

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-a...ce-down-2017-9
    Kaepernick played for the 49ers. I wonder if the fans are staying away because they're angry with the team for dumping him.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/oak...-during-anthem

Bruce Maxwell of the Oakland Athletics became the first major league baseball player to kneel during the national anthem Saturday, pulling the sport into a polarizing protest movement that has been criticized harshly by President Donald Trump....

...Maxwell was born in Wiesbaden, Germany, while his father was stationed there in the Army, but he grew up in Huntsville, Alabama, which is where Trump made his statements at a rally Friday.

"The racism in the South is disgusting," Maxwell said. "It bothers me, and it hits home for me because that's where I'm from. The racism in the South is pretty aggressive, and I dealt with it all the way through my childhood, and my sister went through it. I feel that that's something that needs to be addressed and that needs to be changed."

Kaepernick played for the 49ers. I wonder if the fans are staying away because they're angry with the team for dumping him.
    The stadium is 50 mins away from SF in clear traffic, I cannot imagine the traffic during rush hour. Being the game was on a Thursday, against the Rams who are not considered a great team, during rush hour, and at a time alot of west coast people are not off work... this is a very poor example to use to look at NFL attendance.

I was at the SF game a week 1, full house

Do you believe crowd size at a Chargers game in Los Angeles has anything to do with the anthem protests? There is a lot of background to the story you might be unaware of, such as the Chargers were in San Diego from 1961 until this season. They have no fan base in Los Angeles. Los Angeles has gotten two new NFL teams in as many years.
    They playing at a soccer stadium 40 miles from LA, their marketing has been bad as they first said they only had enough tickets for mainly season ticket holders then rolled out more available tickets as time went on to hope to raise demand. It just made people not go.

LA is a horrible place to gage attendance as both teams are new and both are playing in temporary facilities.

Baseball!! I didn't think we'd ever see that.

Adam Jones on MLB's lack of Kaepernick protest: 'Baseball is a white man's sport'

“We already have two strikes against us already,’’ Baltimore Orioles All-Star center fielder Adam Jones told USA TODAY Sports, “so you might as well not kick yourself out of the game. In football, you can’t kick them out. You need those players. In baseball, they don’t need us.

“Baseball is a white man’s sport.’’

Indeed, African Americans comprise 68% of the player population in the NFL, and 74% in the NBA. That number is just 8% in baseball, with only 69 African-Americans on the opening-day rosters and disabled lists this season.
    So proud of Maxwell. Interesting he's playing in Oakland because a lot of local teams support each other. You'll see them in each others' jerseys or at games. Oakland is where the NBA's Golden State Warriors play.

Baseball!! I didn't think we'd ever see that.

Adam Jones on MLB's lack of Kaepernick protest: 'Baseball is a white man's sport'

So proud of Maxwell. Interesting he's playing in Oakland because a lot of local teams support each other. You'll see them in each others' jerseys or at games. Oakland is where the NBA's Golden State Warriors play.
    And even more impressive and admirable is that he is from a Military family, he understands this has nothing to do with it.

Scientists plan to #TakeAKnee to protest police violence against black Americans tomorrow

#ScientistsTakeAKnee

“Think about all of those kids who have been shot,” the researcher wrote. “Think about your fellow citizens that most certainly will continue to be shot by the cops without anything resembling penalty for the criminals. Think about how science may not be doing enough for all of us.”
    https://qz.com/1086849/scientists-pl...ack-americans/
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Fox News, guys.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast