1358 users online (261 members and 1097 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    I really liked this Kander tweet, another Vet's voice:

Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    I really liked this Kander tweet, another Vet's voice:

I love this

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Bob Costas on conflating the flag with the 'military only'

This exactly.

" oh you won't stand for the anthem?.....so you don't support our troops?"

Huh? WTF? What a lazy and disengenous argument?
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

Because we all know that what it's really about is the white majority doesn't believe people of color should have the ability to speak out about racial injustice. They either don't want to believe it's happening because that makes them feel that their own hardships are ignored and how dare anyone call them "privileged" or they just want to maintain the status quo of white racial superiority.

I see a similar (but different) thing with the LGBTQ community. Homophobes shriek about "Why do we have to hear about what you do in your bedroom." And want to relegate queer people to silence and secrecy and shame. They seem to feel that the first amendment confers a privilege only on straight, white, conservative people. Everyone else needs to shut up.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Both my brothers are veterans. Neither feel "disrespected" by the protests (although one says "Don't get mad. Vote.").

Serving our country means defending the constitution. 99% of the people screaming about how this disrespects our flag and country never served a day in their lives.
    People need to vote! I do take issue with some of these protesters who want change but can't be bothered to vote. I vote in every election I can, local, school board, whatever. If you don't vote then don't bi!ch! IMO
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    And of course, he's fundraising off of this.

Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    And of course, he's fundraising off of this.

I hope his heel spurs aren't hurting too much

Video by Nick Cannon. Sooooooooooo good. Short.

https://www.vibe.com/2017/09/nick-ca...or-what-video/

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post

Thank you for sharing this. It is very good, and powerful.

Are you aware of what any of them do with their time and money away from the field?
    somewhat. If your speaking of players in general, I suspect they mirror life in general. From good actors to bad.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post

Makes me cry. Everything all wrapped up in one short video. The absolute horror and sorrow of the black experience in America.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    I don't think the players protests will have any positive effect on racial problems. Most white people see it as just giving them the finger. jmo. BTW Now, if they want to boycott & forego a paycheck, that would show they really had commitment.
    Their employers are not asking them to forego a paycheck. Why must they be penalized for exercising a right that is essential to this country? With all due respect, maybe the white people need to let it go and let the players have their protest. If people don't agree, don't watch, don't complain, let it go, show commitment to their ideals instead of trying to penalize someone for expressing their right to protest.

Why does money equal commitment your eyes?

I do not stand for the flag. I do not sing the anthem. I do not swear on a bible. Do you know why? Or, should I just be penalized?
    Last edited by kaen; 09-25-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Violence diminishes our humanity. ~Coretta Scott King

I totally respect what the Dallas Cowboys just did. They knelt for unity and stood arm in arm during the anthem. If you know much about Jason Garrett you know that pained him. Lol
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

we all know that what it's really about is the white majority doesn't believe people of color should have the ability to speak out about racial injustice. They either don't want to believe it's happening because that makes them feel that their own hardships are ignored and how dare anyone call them "privileged" or they just want to maintain the status quo of white racial superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    Their employers are not asking them to forego a paycheck. Why must they be penalized for exercising a right that is essential to this country? With all due respect, maybe the white people need to let it go and let the players have their protest. If people don't agree, don't watch, don't complain, let it go.

I do not stand for the flag. I do not sing the anthem. I do not swear on a bible. Do you know why? Or, should I just be penalized?
    Or better yet, spend a few moments considering how you'd feel if you were pulled over or frisked solely on the basis of the color of your skin, or heaven forbid shot to death while unarmed, because that is what the protest is all about - it isn't about the anthem, the flag, or those who died fighting for our freedoms - it's about those freedoms pertaining to ALL citizens.

JMO

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast