GUILTY PA - Kristin, 17, & Kaylee Fisher, 7 mos, murdered, Greentown, 4 May 2004

Alice253

Live Every Moment
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15932752&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=415898&rfi=6

Prosecutors say a Monroe County mother and her son apparently share more than genetics. They say details behind the murders each allegedly committed alone in neighboring counties are eerily similar.

SNIP

Pike County District Attorney Douglas Jacobs alleges the motive behind the murders of Mr. Rowe’s 17-year-old ex-girlfriend Kristen Fisher, and the pair’s 7-month-old daughter, Kaylee, was a May 5, 2004, child-support hearing. He has not commented on the case since jury selection began earlier this month.

In Monroe County, prosecutors allege Ms. Kunkle killed her former boyfriend, Benjamin J. Amato, 52, with a baseball bat in November 2001. The motive: A hearing in a custody dispute over the couple’s young son Jonathan was scheduled for one week after Mr. Amato was killed, Mr. Mancuso said.

Murder, instead of divorce and child support...AGAIN!

Some role model this alleged mom turned out to be :banghead:

Ok, he participates in his mother's murder of his stepdad, she appears to get by with it, so he decides to go out and handle his problems the same way.

Makes me wonder what the kids lives were like growing up. I mean that the mother planned and carried out the stepfather's murder is bad enough. But she actually involved her son!

One thing I did notice from the article is the mention of both mother and son being flat of affect. This is common in mental health diagnoses. Also common in sociopaths. And the way they describe the son faking his emotions when being told of the death of his gf and child, also leads me wonder if that might not be the situation.

mysteriew said:
Some role model this alleged mom turned out to be :banghead:

Ok, he participates in his mother's murder of his stepdad, she appears to get by with it, so he decides to go out and handle his problems the same way.

Makes me wonder what the kids lives were like growing up. I mean that the mother planned and carried out the stepfather's murder is bad enough. But she actually involved her son!

One thing I did notice from the article is the mention of both mother and son being flat of affect. This is common in mental health diagnoses. Also common in sociopaths. And the way they describe the son faking his emotions when being told of the death of his gf and child, also leads me wonder if that might not be the situation.

As usual, you are on target. I just don't know what to do with these crimes.I just don't know how to put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes it isn't about justice anymore. It is about being beaten down to the point that you can't even get up.

mysteriew said:
snip

That stood out to me, too. Wasn't SP described as stoic in court? Sociopaths, both of them.

A teenager was convicted Wednesday of killing his ex-girlfriend and their 7-month-old daughter in a dispute over child support.

A Pike County jury found Gregory Rowe, 19, guilty of strangling Kristen Fisher, 17, and drowning their daughter Kaylee in a bathtub in Greene Township on May 4, 2004.

The jury will decide whether Rowe should get the death penalty or life in prison.

Prosecutors said Rowe wanted to get out of paying child support. A few days before she died, Fisher told a friend that Rowe had threatened to kill her if she didn't stop trying to sue him for child support, according to testimony.

Rowe's lawyer, Gavin P. Holihan, argued that there was no physical evidence to place him at the scene and suggested others might have killed the two. Holihan read three suicide-themed poems that Fisher had written a few years before her death, suggesting they raised the question of whether Fisher's death was even a homicide.
http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/pa/index.ssf?/base/news-34/1138223112137650.xml&storylist=penn

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back