GUILTY TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #19

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
15-year-old MCET may be in the area of Decatur, Alabama.

She is white, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet 5 inches and 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings.

Thomas is believed to be in the company of 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a white male, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving a Silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag number 976ZPT.

http://wate.com/2017/03/14/statewide-endangered-child-alert-for-missing-middle-tennessee-teen/
http://www.waff.com/story/34847631/endangered-tn-runaway-may-be-in-decatur-area
http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/statewide-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-teen/422561108

ARREST AFFIDAVIT

Motion in Support of Detention - Filed 4/24/17

Father of Abducted Teen Speaks Out for First Time Since Reunion

Amber Alert: ET found safe in Northern California; Former teacher arrested
Apr 20, 2017

The TBI says they have found missing 15-year-old ET safe in Northern California.

Her former teacher, Tad Cummins, has been arrested in connection to her kidnapping.

A spokesperson for the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department said Cummins' Nissan Rogue was found late Wednesday night. The vehicle's original license plate had been removed, but officials were able to confirm the vehicle through its VIN.

Verified Insiders:
MCElizabethsSISTER

Direct Link toThe Rules - Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Previous Thread (#18)

MOST RECENT UPDATE:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A judge has denied Tad Cummins’ motion to be released from prison.

[MCET]'s first interview with anyone in the media came spontaneously and without hesitation Saturday evening in Columbia.

I was shocked to come across this interview on the Daily Mail website, and really hope she has someone looking out for her. If she were to become emancipated, would that free her to be with TC if he (shudder) were to get out?

Honestly, I followed her disappearance thoroughly, but I don't think I would have recognized her if I came across her. She looks completely different in every picture I see of her.

:gaah:

I saw the article yesterday in the The Daily Herald (Columbia TN). Just a few minutes ago, I saw that it is now on the msn site. I am completely disgusted with the reporter from The Daily Herald. I feel it is totally inappropriate for him to interview a minor, a 16 year old crime victim, without the consent of her guardian. He writes that she told him, "“He’s (her attorney) reminded me about not saying anything about the criminal case to the media," but regardless he goes ahead and interviews her. The reporter also writes,
Thomas gave permission to use her name in stories about her, even though newspapers rarely use juveniles’ identities if they’re involved in litigation.

We’ve decided to use it, when appropriate, considering her name and face were in the newspaper almost daily from March 15 to April 26. We ran the TBI Amber alert poster in print or online everyday until she was found.

It would be disingenuous to exclude the high school junior’s name now.

IMO, what's disingenuous here is this reporter and The Daily Herald. She has been exploited plenty in her young life and now we have this guy and the local paper adding to it. What happened to ethics, integrity, or just plain decency?

Disgusting.First the perverted teacher and now this reporter using her to get a big story.

:gaah:

I saw the article yesterday in the The Daily Herald (Columbia TN). Just a few minutes ago, I saw that it is now on the msn site. I am completely disgusted with the reporter from The Daily Herald. I feel it is totally inappropriate for him to interview a minor, a 16 year old crime victim, without the consent of her guardian. He writes that she told him, "“He’s (her attorney) reminded me about not saying anything about the criminal case to the media," but regardless he goes ahead and interviews her. The reporter also writes,

IMO, what's disingenuous here is this reporter and The Daily Herald. She has been exploited plenty in her young life and now we have this guy and the local paper adding to it. What happened to ethics, integrity, or just plain decency?

It's the First Amendment. The reporter has a right to interview anybody they want, and ET also has a right to talk to anybody she wants. This is a free country.

As for the article, it doesn't even have much information. ET has talked more publically on Instagram, then she said in that article.

It's the First Amendment. The reporter has a right to interview anybody they want, and ET also has a right to talk to anybody she wants. This is a free country.

As for the article, it doesn't even have much information. ET has talked more publically on Instagram, then she said in that article.
She's an underage kidnap and sex abuse victim.An adult reporter should understand this.

She's an underage kidnap and sex abuse victim.An adult reporter should understand this.

ET is a free person living in a free country, and she has a right to give an interview. The constitution applies to underage crime victims too.

I just saw the article and I'm not really surprised by what she had to say; I just hope this interview doesn't encourage the media to press her for more interviews.. It's good to know that she is home schooling, working, and planning to go to college. She's on the right track.

Some day she may feel differently but not now. I hope her life works out well. I hope he's in jail for a very long time -- forever would not be long enough.

Reporters don't care about that. Obviously they're only after the story. I'm surprised one hasn't found her before now.

It appears she made her instagram private finally.
I mean with 16k followers that doesn't help much but it's something.
I do hope she's careful with her online interactions.

Just something strange about this article IMO. She just walks in to a fast food restaurant unexpectedly and agrees to talk cause "I’ve been thinking about calling you. I have a lot on my mind. There’s been a lot of rumors about me I’d like to clear up.”???? And “I know you’re in your pajama bottoms now and a T-shirt, but would you mind if I took your picture? she agrees??? This is what I wear most of the time, anyway?????
And the byline of the author at the bottom says "His column is based on exclusive reporting, old-school storytelling and original commentary on whatever catches his fancy or yours?? Just seems weird but everything about this case is strange.
that that other media have picked it up it will take on a life of its own.

Some day she may feel differently but not now. I hope her life works out well. I hope he's in jail for a very long time -- forever would not be long enough.

I was extremely impressed by her comments. She is showing a personal insight and maturity that she didn't have before. I think her comments show incredible progress and an understanding of what happened and why.

She doesn't regret going with him:
She was a child who was coerced thus not at fault. So how is she supposed to regret it?

She was a child being preyed on by a predator who is now in jail facing prison as a result. The kidnapping ended the predation and is resulting in justice.

This child was in a dire situation. Abused, vulnerable, neglected at home, lonely, bullied and isolated at school. Miserable. Now she has undergone intensive therapy and has a new life away from the chaos and misery. So in the end, going with that predator was the cry for help or the event that allowed her to be rescued from everything.

I think she's right when she says there's good and bad that resulted from what happened. And also that she will have to live with it for the rest of her life. It seems she had super good therapists who really helped her process what happened to her and see the positive and move forward. And based on her comments, I suddenly feel positive about her chances at having a bright future. She's been through hell but seems calm and philosophical and very honest about it. Wow.

I was shocked to come across this interview on the Daily Mail website, and really hope she has someone looking out for her. If she were to become emancipated, would that free her to be with TC if he (shudder) were to get out?

Honestly, I followed her disappearance thoroughly, but I don't think I would have recognized her if I came across her. She looks completely different in every picture I see of her.

I don't think she;d want to be with that old creep now.

And yeah, she does look different in so many pictures. She still looks very young to me.

I was extremely impressed by her comments. She is showing a personal insight and maturity that she didn't have before. I think her comments show incredible progress and an understanding of what happened and why.

She was a child who was coerced thus not at fault. So how is she supposed to regret it?

She was a child being preyed on by a predator who is now in jail facing prison as a result. The kidnapping ended the predation and is resulting in justice.

This child was in a dire situation. Abused, vulnerable, neglected at home, lonely, bullied and isolated at school. Miserable. Now she has undergone intensive therapy and has a new life away from the chaos and misery. So in the end, going with that predator was the cry for help or the event that allowed her to be rescued from everything.

I think she's right when she says there's good and bad that resulted from what happened. And also that she will have to live with it for the rest of her life. It seems she had super good therapists who really helped her process what happened to her and see the positive and move forward. And based on her comments, I suddenly feel positive about her chances at having a bright future. She's been through hell but seems calm and philosophical and very honest about it. Wow.
This is a really well written and sightful post. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree. I just don't think she realizes the danger she could have been in....her health, possibly drowning at sea, the possibility she could have been taken away from kidnapper TC and used for someone else's nefarious reasons. Who knows if he would have even taken her to the hospital if she got sick?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only he had complete power over her and she believed he would, even though he risked her everyday she did not realize it.

I've talked a bit with Elizabeth and she really is such a sweet sweet girl. Just wanted to remind everyone to please be kind and respectful when discussing this case. She deserves that.

I've talked a bit with Elizabeth and she really is such a sweet sweet girl. Just wanted to remind everyone to please be kind and respectful when discussing this case. She deserves that.

Thank you for the post. I have no doubt she's a sweet girl. This case touched me from the very beginning and I'm so glad she was found safe.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back