GUILTY FL - Laquetta Gunther, 2005; Julie Green, Jan 2006; Iwana Patton, Mar 2006, Slain, Daytona Beach

The woman’s body was identified as 34-year-old Julie Green. Investigators said she was murdered, but didn't say how.

So far, they don't have a suspect.

The body of another woman was found on Beach Street in Daytona Beach the day after Christmas. Her killer has not been found either.

Police would not say if they believe the two killings are related. http://www.wftv.com/news/6157336/detail.html

I wonder if Julie Green had been reported missing? If so how long ago and what were the circumstances? I am looking for an article on the other body found the day after Christmas and will post a link if I find it.

Investigators in Daytona Beach, Fla., are checking to see if the body of a woman found over the weekend is connected to several recent murders in the area, Local 6 News has learned.

The body of Iwana Patton, from Holly Hill, Fla., was found near the intersection of Williamson Boulevard and Madison Avenue Friday.

Daytona Beach police said they have five investigators on the case, Local 6 News reported.
http://www.local6.com/news/7516636/detail.html
:furious: sounds like another serial murderer .

Terrible.......Hopefully now some family will know what happened to their loved one....:(

englishleigh said:
This couldn't be Jennifer Kesse, could it? :(
No, I don't believe so, they have named the woman found in the article:

The body of Iwana Patton, from Holly Hill, Fla., was found near the intersection of Williamson Boulevard and Madison Avenue Friday.

christine2448 said:
No, I don't believe so, they have named the woman found in the article:

Oh, DUH!!!!!!!! :silenced: :doh: :doh: :doh: I saw that, but I didn't SEE that!! I guess I thought this poor woman was one of the other murders that had occurred in the area that were referred to. Sorry!! ::::going to make some coffee:::::

These gals were either hitchhicking or other activities that go along with getting into a strangers car.

They have found a body of a 27 yr old in her own home in Satellite Beach which is close to Daytona. No news as to cause of death yet.
I doubt that this guy was operating in Orlando. Its Bike Week in Daytona this week, I hope all the girls stay safe.

:( I wonder if there are more women missing .I have a feeling their will be more bodies found.

Investigators in Daytona Beach, Fla., identified and interviewed a caller Tuesday who led them to one of three women believed to have been murdered by a serial killer, Local 6 News has learned.
Police said Laquetta Gunther, Julie Green and Iwana Patton got into cars with a stranger and were later found shot to death and dumped in secluded areas.

A search was launched for an anonymous caller who led police to Patton's body last month and did not offer any other information before hanging up.

Police tracked the caller down and said the person is not a suspect in the serial killer case.

The search continues for the man responsible for the slayings.

Prostitutes Hunting Serial Killer

Meanwhile, women involved in prostitution in Daytona Beach, Fla., have reportedly armed themselves and are searching for the serial killer, according to a Local 6 News report.

"Rather than run from the man police labeled a serial killer, streetwalkers here in Daytona Beach along Ridgewood Avenue say they are seeking the serial killer out," Local 6 reported Tarik Minor said. "They believe the man responsible for murdering three women here is someone they have come in contact with."
We will get him first," streetwalker Tonya Richardson said. "Yeah, we are going to get him first. When we find him, he is going to be sorry. It is as simple as that."

Richardson said she and other women are carrying weapons on the streets after Laquetta Gunther, Julie Green and Iwana Patton were found dead in the city.

"I carry a switch blade with me now," Richardson said. "Everyone else does now, too."

In recent days, local ministers have also hit Daytona streets warning prostitutes about the killer, Local 6 News reported.
:( I think this guy will be someone they dont suspect ,probably a clean normal looking man.

I wish they hadn't printed this in the paper. Now he'll just move on to somewhere else. :doh:

Too bad, woulda' been interesting if one of these girls had gotten him. :razz:

JMHO
fran

fran said:
I wish they hadn't printed this in the paper. Now he'll just move on to somewhere else. :doh:

Too bad, woulda' been interesting if one of these girls had gotten him. :razz:

JMHO
fran
He might kill a couple more first just to show that he can, especially since some potential victems bragged they are carrying knives now.

YAYYAAY for them!!!!

GO girlies! .. Maybe they will feel more empowered and take this to all aspects of their lives and do better.

That is not very smart on the part of Tonya Richardson, I saw her in the video as well as statements made by her above. The serial killer no doubt has a TV and has seen her too, this bravado will probably just get more women killed. Their switch blades will not be much help. If these women did not have a target on their back before, they certainly do now and the SK may even find this to be a game.

I disagree.. Those who prey upon the weak prey on the weakest of the pack not those who fight.

Amraann said:
I disagree.. Those who prey upon the weak prey on the weakest of the pack not those who fight.

There is something to be said about that. I agree if it is a serial who is basically weak than this is a deterrent. But, if, this is a taunt and he reacts to the taunt than the gals have more to worry about...as in escalation. Most serials do escalate. They react with mutilaton and other horrors. The fact that he used a gun puts him in a slightly different category.He is not as up front and personal as some but that doesn't mean he won't change.

I watched a documentary about a serial killer once. I forget his name but he killed mostly prostitutes. The thing about him that may be relevant to this case is that he did not give the victem a chance to fight back. He killed them when they did not expect it. In fact in one case his young son was along with him (but stayed in the car) when he killed one. After being caught, he later told investigators he had actually used the son as a distraction by acting as if the boy had called out and while the woman was distracted by that he acted as if he was going to go to the car for a moment but instead he went behind her and killed her. She never saw it coming and did not truly have a chance.

Having a knife is no good if you never get the chance to use it. So I said in a previous post, "if he felt taunted he might go ahead and kill a couple more just to prove that he can." He might be the sort of killer that doesn't give the victem a chance to fight back at all and if he is a "sure thing" type killer then he may not fear victems being armed with a knife.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back