806 users online (114 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Post Racist Man Sentenced To Attend Black Church

"CINCINNATI -- A judge has sentenced a suburban Cincinnati man to attend services for six weeks at a black church for threatening to punch a black cab driver and using racial slurs."

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...21/detail.html

"Mallory said he was concerned about maintaining the separation between church and state, so the judge asked Haines whether the option would offend him"
    ~ Jennirey ~

I think that is such a good idea! This judge seems to want to do the right thing and it's certainly a better option than jail maybe this guy can learn from this.

Cincy has been having a lot of race related issues in the last few years. So anything that promotes more understanding will be a help. I do hope they got the church's permission though.
    Can you imagine this racist jerk, in a building surrounded by a sea of black faces, who are worshipping the same God he possibly believes in? And most likely they will be nice to him! Hopefully some will try to reach out to him and let him know that they are no different than he is.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I think the idea of the church was so he does get some up close contact with people to see that we're all the same in a good environment. This guy may be a product of his environment and what I specifically mean is that most race issues usually surround people who live in bad areas nowadays so on one hand you may have someone that's racist against blacks but not hispanics and vice versa as an example. Just as we've seen in this country against Jews, muslims after 9/11, Japanese after pearl harbor etc. There are cultural differences in every race including caucasians that should be acknowledged but some people today are still very ignorant. I still see a lot of it generated by high crime areas as being a race issue.