1068 users online (160 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Lesa, 24, & Chris Cunningham, 6, Chino, 9 July 1987

Chris Andrew Cunningham
    Missing since July 9, 1987 from Chino, San Bernardino County, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: December 21, 1980
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 6 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'2; 90 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Birthmark on the right wrist.
    Nickname: Booboo
    <LI>Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Chris and his mother, Lesa Desiree Cunningham, disappeared from Chino, California under suspicious circumstances on July 9, 1987.

Last edited by KateB; 04-08-2015 at 06:36 PM. Reason: updated doe network link

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ham_chris.html

with link to the mother's case as well.

Missing for over 25 years...

I think I've found Lesa/Lisa! WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS BELOW

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6429

UID NAMUS UP # 6429 found Aug 15, 1988. [Lesa NAMUS # 4030 missing as of July 9, 1987]

UID found in Fontana, California [Lesa missing from Chino, California] - Fontana & Chino are only 20.4 miles apart (link to map: https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...ana+California)

Both female, black, brown eyes, black hair. [UID had short Afro style hair 1-2" - Lesa's style very similar - see photos].

UID estimated age 20-30, 67" tall, weight 142 [Lesa age 24, 66" tall, weight 120]

Now here is where it gets really interesting. UID described as having multiple small scars on face, arms, legs, abdomen, above left eye & above right eye, right hip, right arm - full description at link [Lesa described as having burn scars on neck & thigh & when I look at one of her photos, I think I can see a scar above her left eye & possibly above her right eye as well - could be shadows obviously but it could be scars.]

UID clothing is described as white satin undershirt/tutu/ballet/evening dress (I can't find a photo of clothing). Lesa's clothing is described as white smock, pants.

There are a few details I can't find to compare. UID had ornate fake nails and triple pierced ears & there is no description on those for Lesa. Also, there is no comment on whether UID had given birth. Lesa went missing with her son and presumably gave birth to him (as opposed to adoption etc.).

However, the most striking similarity IMO is the photos (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE BELOW)!:

Attachment 78633 Attachment 78634 Attachment 78635

There is fingerprint, dental, and DNA available & entered for the UID and for Lesa.

I've submitted this tip to the Chino P.D. IN the meantime, I am on a search for Lesa's 6 year old son, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    I think I've found Lesa/Lisa! WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS BELOW

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6429

UID NAMUS UP # 6429 found Aug 15, 1988. [Lesa NAMUS # 4030 missing as of July 9, 1987]

UID found in Fontana, California [Lesa missing from Chino, California] - Fontana & Chino are only 20.4 miles apart (link to map: https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...ana+California)

Both female, black, brown eyes, black hair. [UID had short Afro style hair 1-2" - Lesa's style very similar - see photos].

UID estimated age 20-30, 67" tall, weight 142 [Lesa age 24, 66" tall, weight 120]

Now here is where it gets really interesting. UID described as having multiple small scars on face, arms, legs, abdomen, above left eye & above right eye, right hip, right arm - full description at link [Lesa described as having burn scars on neck & thigh & when I look at one of her photos, I think I can see a scar above her left eye & possibly above her right eye as well - could be shadows obviously but it could be scars.]

UID clothing is described as white satin undershirt/tutu/ballet/evening dress (I can't find a photo of clothing). Lesa's clothing is described as white smock, pants.

There are a few details I can't find to compare. UID had ornate fake nails and triple pierced ears & there is no description on those for Lesa. Also, there is no comment on whether UID had given birth. Lesa went missing with her son and presumably gave birth to him (as opposed to adoption etc.).

However, the most striking similarity IMO is the photos (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE BELOW)!:

Attachment 78633 Attachment 78634 Attachment 78635

There is fingerprint, dental, and DNA available & entered for the UID and for Lesa.

I've submitted this tip to the Chino P.D. IN the meantime, I am on a search for Lesa's 6 year old son, Chris.
    Unfortunately, I'm not seeing similarities in looks either. . but that doesn't mean much...I'm not so great at facial comparisons.

UID was found within hours after her death which was over a year after Lesa was reported missing. Lesa missing under suspicious circumstances gives me a feeling she wouldn't stay out of touch with her family for over a year. I wish there were more information about how they went missing, etc.
    I think I think too much.

The attached photos I posted say 'invalid attachment'. I don't know if I did it wrong or if a mod removed them so I won't try to repost until I know if I'm allowed to.

Oh no! I didn't see the 'within hours' info - however, I still think it's possible she was abducted by a pimp & was kept drugged up/working for that year - that's honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw 'suspicious circumstances'.

So, with the 'hours' info, obviously the clothing wasn't the same but it still shows a propensity to wear the colour white and the bizarre combination of tutu/evening dress -- I'm wondering if whoever described it meant 'party' dress as an evening gown is typically longish/formal whereas a tutu is costumy/party or ballet ... if it was costume-like or party-wear, that would perhaps indicate 'work' clothing, as in sex-trafficking victim workwear?

I wish there was a closer photo of the UID because it is difficult to look for similarities with such a small photo but to me it looks like face, eyebrow, nose & lips are close in shape but again, the angle and size of the pictures make it difficult.

Overall, there wasn't anything that jumped out at me to rule Lesa out. This is the first time I've ever submitted a possible match because I usually see some detail that immediately makes me think 'no way'.

I haven't found anyone matching Chris' description which is a good thing. Maybe he's alive & well somewhere. I agree with you - I want more info - I wish I could see the detective's case file lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronomy View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not seeing similarities in looks either. . but that doesn't mean much...I'm not so great at facial comparisons.

UID was found within hours after her death which was over a year after Lesa was reported missing. Lesa missing under suspicious circumstances gives me a feeling she wouldn't stay out of touch with her family for over a year. I wish there were more information about how they went missing, etc.